Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing - Linux ; "DFS" wrote in message news:5bUMj.37489$r76.32297@bignews8.bellsouth.net. .. > > (Note the intentional cross-post. Maybe some geeks with a spine in the > Ubuntu group will have the balls to answer - cola is full of head-in-sand > weenies who can't back ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52

  1. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    "DFS" wrote in message
    news:5bUMj.37489$r76.32297@bignews8.bellsouth.net. ..

    > (Note the intentional cross-post. Maybe some geeks with a spine in the
    > Ubuntu group will have the balls to answer - cola is full of head-in-sand
    > weenies who can't back up their claims.)

    That's the way to make friends

  2. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    "DFS" writes:

    > #1, Oct 23, 2007: (warning: illiterate freetard ramble follows) "hi i just
    > installed gutsy amd64, i have nvidia graphics and i turned off desktop
    > effects incase that was causing the crashes. The machine will lock up after
    > randomly. you can use it for an hour then it will freeze or for 5 mins if
    > that and it will. Desktop effects on or off makes no difference and it
    > crashes whatever. And it's a real crash like can't move mouse or exit to
    > prompt etc."
    >
    > #637, April 12, 2008: "Seems like this very thread has been active for
    > months now, and still no easy fix seams to be available..."
    >

    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...reezes&page=64
    >

    > This irritating slopware issue has gone on and on and on for nearly 6
    > months.
    >
    > Linux idiots and liars - not just on cola but all over the 'Net - brag about
    > "many eyes" and quick bugfixes and "Linux just works" and "I have the code".
    > So where's the Gutsy fix after 6 months?
    >
    > (Note the intentional cross-post. Maybe some geeks with a spine in the
    > Ubuntu group will have the balls to answer - cola is full of head-in-sand
    > weenies who can't back up their claims.)

    The Ubuntu group has been taken over by COLA types. It has gone down the
    toilet since. It's almost at the stage where if anyone criticises Ubuntu
    in any way they are called liars and windows shills. Willy Poaster hangs
    out there telling people who to filter. No, really, he does.

  3. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    DFS wrote:

    > #1, Oct 23, 2007: (warning: illiterate freetard ramble follows) "hi i just
    > installed gutsy amd64, i have nvidia graphics and i turned off desktop
    > effects incase that was causing the crashes. The machine will lock up
    > after randomly. you can use it for an hour then it will freeze or for 5
    > mins if that and it will. Desktop effects on or off makes no difference
    > and it crashes whatever. And it's a real crash like can't move mouse or
    > exit to prompt etc."
    >
    > #637, April 12, 2008: "Seems like this very thread has been active for
    > months now, and still no easy fix seams to be available..."
    >

    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...reezes&page=64
    >

    > This irritating slopware issue has gone on and on and on for nearly 6
    > months.
    >
    > Linux idiots and liars - not just on cola but all over the 'Net - brag
    > about "many eyes" and quick bugfixes and "Linux just works" and "I have
    > the code". So where's the Gutsy fix after 6 months?
    >
    > (Note the intentional cross-post. Maybe some geeks with a spine in the
    > Ubuntu group will have the balls to answer - cola is full of head-in-sand
    > weenies who can't back up their claims.)

    Sure... Emerging from the deepest water:

  4. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 19:10:42 +0200, F8BOE wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> #1, Oct 23, 2007: (warning: illiterate freetard ramble follows) "hi i
    >> just installed gutsy amd64, i have nvidia graphics and i turned off
    >> desktop effects incase that was causing the crashes. The machine will
    >> lock up after randomly. you can use it for an hour then it will freeze
    >> or for 5 mins if that and it will. Desktop effects on or off makes no
    >> difference and it crashes whatever. And it's a real crash like can't
    >> move mouse or exit to prompt etc."
    >>
    >> #637, April 12, 2008: "Seems like this very thread has been active for
    >> months now, and still no easy fix seams to be available..."
    >>

    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...reezes&page=64
    >>

    >> This irritating slopware issue has gone on and on and on for nearly 6
    >> months.
    >>
    >> Linux idiots and liars - not just on cola but all over the 'Net - brag
    >> about "many eyes" and quick bugfixes and "Linux just works" and "I have
    >> the code". So where's the Gutsy fix after 6 months?
    >>
    >> (Note the intentional cross-post. Maybe some geeks with a spine in the
    >> Ubuntu group will have the balls to answer - cola is full of
    >> head-in-sand weenies who can't back up their claims.)

    > Sure... Emerging from the deepest water:

    Dumbass is stupid enough to use Outhouse Exploder, a buggy & insecure POS
    if ever there was one.

    As for intentional cross-posting into the ubuntu group, he's failed. A lot
    of their posters have cross-posting killfiled.

    --
    Googlegroups: Because of the extreme spam emanating from googlegroups,
    I (like many others) no longer see any articles originating from

  5. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    "Ignoramus15568" wrote in message
    news:FMidnVk35q42IJnVnZ2dnUVZ_srinZ2d@giganews.com ...

    > I would not know as I have not installed any Windows in a long time.

    But that doesn't stop you telling others how hard it must be.

  6. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the UbuntuGutsy freezing

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:43:19 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

    > "Ignoramus15568" wrote in message
    > news:FMidnVk35q42IJnVnZ2dnUVZ_srinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >

    >> I would not know as I have not installed any Windows in a long time.

    > But that doesn't stop you telling others how hard it must be.

    Installing Ubuntu and PCLinuxOS 2007 is as easy or easier than installing
    XP. I've done both this week.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    William Poaster wrote:

    > Dumbass is stupid enough to use Outhouse Exploder, a buggy & insecure
    > POS if ever there was one.

    No less secure, and not even ONE-ONE HUNDREDTH as buggy as that POS
    Kontact/KNode.

    > As for intentional cross-posting into the ubuntu group, he's failed.
    > A lot of their posters have cross-posting killfiled.

    How would you know who has what killfiled, luser?

  8. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    ysdywmf wrote:
    > "DFS" wrote in message
    > news:5bUMj.37489$r76.32297@bignews8.bellsouth.net. ..
    >

    >> (Note the intentional cross-post. Maybe some geeks with a spine in
    >> the Ubuntu group will have the balls to answer - cola is full of
    >> head-in-sand weenies who can't back up their claims.)

    > That's the way to make friends

    You could be my friend if you answered the question honestly.

  9. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    "DFS" writes:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> Dumbass is stupid enough to use Outhouse Exploder, a buggy & insecure
    >> POS if ever there was one.

    > No less secure, and not even ONE-ONE HUNDREDTH as buggy as that POS
    > Kontact/KNode.
    >

    >> As for intentional cross-posting into the ubuntu group, he's failed.
    >> A lot of their posters have cross-posting killfiled.

    > How would you know who has what killfiled, luser?

    Willy thinks people listen to his advice on his magical "filters".

    Was there ever a more useless waste of bandwidth as him?

    --
    The "XP could sink Microsoft" thread his an absolute gem. You'd think
    these advocates were related to Nostradamus!

  10. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    Hadron wrote:

    > Was there ever a more useless waste of bandwidth as him?

    You, by far.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....1010011010: Binary of the Beast

    Good to the last supper

  11. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:40:19 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Was there ever a more useless waste of bandwidth as him?

    > You, by far.

    What's the matter with Quack? Got a hair up his arse, or did his village
    finally come to their senses & fire the idiot?

    --
    Googlegroups: Because of the extreme spam emanating from googlegroups,
    I (like many others) no longer see any articles originating from
    that source. If you want your postings to be seen, use a proper
    newsreader. http://improve-usenet.org/

  12. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    William Poaster wrote:

    >What's the matter with Quack?

    Besides that he's a stupid, snotty, lying asshole with appearent
    self-esteem issues, you mean?

  13. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    Hadron wrote:
    > "DFS" writes:
    >
    >> William Poaster wrote:
    >>
    >>> Dumbass is stupid enough to use Outhouse Exploder, a buggy &
    >>> insecure POS if ever there was one.

    >> No less secure, and not even ONE-ONE HUNDREDTH as buggy as that POS
    >> Kontact/KNode.
    >>

    >>> As for intentional cross-posting into the ubuntu group, he's failed.
    >>> A lot of their posters have cross-posting killfiled.

    >> How would you know who has what killfiled, luser?
    >>

    > Willy thinks people listen to his advice on his magical "filters".
    >
    > Was there ever a more useless waste of bandwidth as him?

    Maybe chrisv, but it's close.

  14. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:25:36 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:

    >>> No less secure, and not even ONE-ONE HUNDREDTH as buggy as that POS
    >>> Kontact/KNode.

    >>> How would you know who has what killfiled, luser?
    >>>

    >> Willy thinks people listen to his advice on his magical "filters".
    >>
    >> Was there ever a more useless waste of bandwidth as him?

    > Maybe chrisv, but it's close.

    Which one?
    He seems to have a split personality.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  15. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:11:13 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >>What's the matter with Quack?

    > Besides that he's a stupid, snotty, lying asshole with appearent
    > self-esteem issues, you mean?

    Yeah, apart from that.

    --
    Googlegroups: Because of the extreme spam emanating from googlegroups,
    I (like many others) no longer see any articles originating from
    that source. If you want your postings to be seen, use a proper
    newsreader. http://improve-usenet.org/

  16. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  17. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the Ubuntu Gutsy freezing

    Hadron wrote in

    > The Ubuntu group has been taken over by COLA types.

    Yes, by Moshe

    > It has gone down
    > the toilet since.

    Since you and Moshe got here ?

    > It's almost at the stage where if anyone criticises
    > Ubuntu in any way they are called liars and windows shills. Willy
    > Poaster hangs out there telling people who to filter. No, really, he
    > does.

    Face it, Moshe is the only one that has 'taken over' this group. If I sort
    my reader by poster, he has, by far, started the most threads here. And
    those weren't even in here originally, he brought them in by cross-posting
    here during a reply when the original posts were nowhere to be seen here.

  18. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the UbuntuGutsy freezing

    [snips]

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 06:17:33 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >> An example of Linux at it's finest!
    >>
    >> Why do people torture themselves like this?

    > Who knows? Why do you torture yourself? Why do your Linux using family
    > members torture themselves?

    lsb_release:
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Release: 7.10
    Codename: gutsy

    Kernel type: Generic, x86_64, SMP

    Video: nVidia driver

    uptime:
    01:19:51 up 9 days, 10:21

    Average system load: 100% (two BOINC instances crunching for
    worldcommunitygrid)

    Also running, at the moment:

    vlc, rendering video at 1600x1200
    Pan
    Firefox
    Skype
    Pigeon
    Apache
    MySQL
    Postgres
    KMail
    Synaptic
    leafnode
    Assorted other odds and ends (usual goodies with Linux, GNU, X and KDE)
    ssh, tunnelling http, nntp and file shares

    Responsiveness: excellent
    Stability: well, up nine days since last reboot, cant' be _that_ bad.

  19. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the UbuntuGutsy freezing

    On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:08:02 +0000, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    > [snips]
    >
    > On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 06:17:33 -0500, Rick wrote:
    >
    >>> An example of Linux at it's finest!
    >>>
    >>> Why do people torture themselves like this?

    >> Who knows? Why do you torture yourself? Why do your Linux using family
    >> members torture themselves?

    > lsb_release:
    > Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    > Release: 7.10
    > Codename: gutsy
    >
    > Kernel type: Generic, x86_64, SMP
    >
    > Video: nVidia driver
    >
    > uptime:
    > 01:19:51 up 9 days, 10:21
    >
    > Average system load: 100% (two BOINC instances crunching for
    > worldcommunitygrid)
    >
    > Also running, at the moment:
    >
    > vlc, rendering video at 1600x1200
    > Pan
    > Firefox
    > Skype
    > Pigeon
    > Apache
    > MySQL
    > Postgres
    > KMail
    > Synaptic
    > leafnode
    > Assorted other odds and ends (usual goodies with Linux, GNU, X and KDE)
    > ssh, tunnelling http, nntp and file shares
    >
    > Responsiveness: excellent
    > Stability: well, up nine days since last reboot, cant' be _that_ bad.

    hmmm, mine has been up 45 days. Not bad. I, too, am running Pan, Firefox,
    Skype, Pigeon, Apache, KMail, Synaptic as well as proftpd, and assorted
    other stuff.

    --
    Rick

  20. Re: Linux: nearly 6 months on, still no end in sight to the UbuntuGutsy freezing

    [snips]

    On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 05:37:11 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >> Responsiveness: excellent
    >> Stability: well, up nine days since last reboot, cant' be _that_ bad.
    >>

    > hmmm, mine has been up 45 days. Not bad. I, too, am running Pan,
    > Firefox, Skype, Pigeon, Apache, KMail, Synaptic as well as proftpd, and
    > assorted other stuff.

    Yeah, nine days is hardly great, but my box doesn't have hot-swap IDE
    onboard and I needed to mount an IDE drive to get the data off it.

    Uptime sometimes has to give way to getting things done.