    almost every app freezes. Most of the time after one or two minutes after
    the freeze the system recovers if left alone and luckily alt+ctrl+backspace
    works for now i want a solution please help..."

    #1 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes

    Linux: worth exactly what it costs

  2. Re: Linux: almost every app freezes

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:54:04 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "...i am getting frequent system freezes at first it was on firefox but now
    > almost every app freezes. Most of the time after one or two minutes after
    > the freeze the system recovers if left alone and luckily alt+ctrl+backspace
    > works for now i want a solution please help..."
    >
    > #1 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes
    >

    > Linux: worth exactly what it costs

    You get what you don't pay for.
    Linux is free only if your time has no value.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Linux: almost every app freezes

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:54:04 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "...i am getting frequent system freezes at first it was on firefox but
    >> now almost every app freezes. Most of the time after one or two minutes
    >> after the freeze the system recovers if left alone and luckily
    >> alt+ctrl+backspace works for now i want a solution please help..."
    >>
    >> #1 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes
    >>

    >> Linux: worth exactly what it costs

    > You get what you don't pay for.
    > Linux is free only if your time has no value.

    Not strictly true, look at all the Problems Vista has and you have all had
    to pay for Vista !!

    If you want you can BUY Linux - that entitles you to FREE support from the
    people who produced your flavour of Linux.

    If Linux is so bad why has M$oft gone in with Novell ? who write Suse Linux.

    --
    Linux - Free not a Virus Spyware or Trojan in sight
    Windowz - Expensive buggy viruses spyware trojans & SLOW

  4. Re: Linux: almost every app freezes

    Martin Burke wrote:

    > Not strictly true, look at all the Problems Vista has and you have all had
    > to pay for Vista !!
    >
    > If you want you can BUY Linux - that entitles you to FREE support from the
    > people who produced your flavour of Linux.
    >
    > If Linux is so bad why has M$oft gone in with Novell ? who write Suse
    > Linux.

    You're responding to a WinTroll. He doesn't give a crap if he lies the same
    lie five thousand times. It may be the same worn out rut but that's about
    all his brain is good for anymore.

    Try to ignore the shape-shifting, lying WinTroll. I know it's not easy. But
    he's lying crank -- he's not going to engage you in a real debate, he's
    just going to rewind and repeat the same bull**** over and over and over
    again. That's all he knows.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  5. Re: Linux: almost every app freezes

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 03:13:40 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:54:04 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "...i am getting frequent system freezes at first it was on firefox but
    >> now almost every app freezes. Most of the time after one or two minutes
    >> after the freeze the system recovers if left alone and luckily
    >> alt+ctrl+backspace works for now i want a solution please help..."
    >>
    >> #1 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes
    >>

    >> Linux: worth exactly what it costs

    > You get what you don't pay for.
    > Linux is free only if your time has no value.

    Since you and your family members use Linux, are you saying your time has
    no value?

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: Linux: almost every app freezes

    RonB wrote:

    >> If you want you can BUY Linux - that entitles you to FREE support from the
    >> people who produced your flavour of Linux.
    >>
    >> If Linux is so bad why has M$oft gone in with Novell ? who write Suse
    >> Linux.

    >You're responding to a WinTroll. He doesn't give a crap if he lies the same
    >lie five thousand times. It may be the same worn out rut but that's about
    >all his brain is good for anymore.
    >
    >Try to ignore the shape-shifting, lying WinTroll.

    Excellant advice. The troll's lies are so obvious that they need no
    rebuttal. Linux works fine, as it's millions of users, from the home
    to the mission-critical enterprise, would testify.

  7. Re: Linux: almost every app freezes

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Martin Burke

    wrote
    on Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:04:25 +0100
    :
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:54:04 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "...i am getting frequent system freezes at first it was on firefox but
    >>> now almost every app freezes. Most of the time after one or two minutes
    >>> after the freeze the system recovers if left alone and luckily
    >>> alt+ctrl+backspace works for now i want a solution please help..."
    >>>
    >>> #1 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes
    >>>

    >>> Linux: worth exactly what it costs

    >> You get what you don't pay for.
    >> Linux is free only if your time has no value.
    >>

    > Not strictly true, look at all the Problems Vista has
    > and you have all had to pay for Vista !!

    Define "pay". Part of the problem is that the payment's
    invisible. Buy computer off shelf, chances are Microsoft
    already has gotten paid for the software thereon, and depending
    on how soft the market is, either the consumer gets taxed (in
    an emerging, high-margin market) or the business does (in a
    "soft", highly competitive, or failing market[*]).

    So Windows is "free".

    > If you want you can BUY Linux - that entitles you to
    > FREE support from the people who produced your flavour
    > of Linux.

    Not sure if that's buying Linux, buying a license to use
    Linux, or buying support for a product encapsulating Linux.

    I'd say the last makes the most sense. ;-)

    > If Linux is so bad why has M$oft gone in with Novell ?
    > who write Suse Linux.

    Why do terrorists attempt to infiltrate organizations?
    As someone once said, "keep your friends close, and
    your enemies even closer."

    Put that way, it's a bit stark admittedly; the end for
    Novell or for Microsoft will probably not involve bullets,
    but rather bankruptcy. One does have to wonder, though.
    [*] I've seen the term "elasticity" used here, relating to
    the slope of the demand curve (abscissa: units,
    ordinate: price). Briefly put, if the slope is
    greater than one, it's inelastic and the buyer gets
    saddled with more of the additional burden. (The
    demand curve traditionally looks a bit like y = 1/x.)

    If the cost is fixed one can simply shift up the
    traditional supply curve (traditionally, looks a
    bit like y = x log x or y = x^2) and see the general
    effect on price and quantity sold. Of course this
    isn't exactly the most complicated of models; I have
    no idea what the actual shapes of the curves might be,
    and the software market is further exacerbated by the
    fact that the actual manufacturing costs for software
    are nearly free anyway.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
    - allegedly said by Bill Gates, 1981, but somebody had to make this up!

  8. Re: Linux: almost every app freezes

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  9. Re: Linux: almost every app freezes

    On Apr 15, 1:16 am, RonB wrote:
    > Martin Burke wrote:
    > > Not strictly true, look at all the Problems Vista has and you have all had
    > > to pay for Vista !!

    > > If you want you can BUY Linux - that entitles you to FREE support from the
    > > people who produced your flavour of Linux.

    > > If Linux is so bad why has M$oft gone in with Novell ? who write Suse
    > > Linux.

    > You're responding to a WinTroll. He doesn't give a crap if he lies the same
    > lie five thousand times. It may be the same worn out rut but that's about
    > all his brain is good for anymore.
    >
    > Try to ignore the shape-shifting, lying WinTroll. I know it's not easy. But
    > he's lying crank -- he's not going to engage you in a real debate, he's
    > just going to rewind and repeat the same bull**** over and over and over
    > again. That's all he knows.
    >
    > --
    > RonB
    > "There's a story there...somewhere"

    Congrats on a highly accurate description of a WinTroll!

  10. Re: Windows: almost every app freezes

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  11. Re: Windows: almost every app freezes

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:31:42 -0500, RonB wrote:
    >Paul Wannamaker wrote:

    >> Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)
    >>
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    >>
    >> Traits:
    >>
    >> * Nym shifting (see below)
    >> * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    >> * Homophobic
    >> * Racist
    >> * Habitual liar
    >> * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    >> * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    15 times?

    plonk!

  12. Re: Windows: almost every app freezes

    * AZ Nomad peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:31:42 -0500, RonB wrote:
    >>Paul Wannamaker wrote:

    >>> Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)
    >>>
    >>> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    >>> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    >>>
    >>> Traits:
    >>>
    >>> * Nym shifting (see below)
    >>> * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    >>> * Homophobic
    >>> * Racist
    >>> * Habitual liar
    >>> * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    >>> * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    (just thought I'd follow the shadowing crowd here).

  13. Re: Linux: almost every app freezes

    On 2008-04-15, Rick wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 03:13:40 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:54:04 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "...i am getting frequent system freezes at first it was on firefox but
    >>> now almost every app freezes. Most of the time after one or two minutes
    >>> after the freeze the system recovers if left alone and luckily
    >>> alt+ctrl+backspace works for now i want a solution please help..."
    >>>
    >>> #1 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes
    >>>

    >>> Linux: worth exactly what it costs

    >> You get what you don't pay for.
    >> Linux is free only if your time has no value.

    > Since you and your family members use Linux, are you saying your time has
    > no value?

    It takes less time to install Linux than it does to restore from a
    factory installation disk for either Windows or MacOS. Boy you haven't
    seen slow until you restore a Mac (jeez-louise).

    The end result requires less work and exposes a similar interface
    to the captive end user.

    Although my family usually interact with the household Linux boxes
    through a remote control.

    --
    OpenDoc is moot when Apple is your one stop iShop. |||
    / | \