Vista ME a bust... - Linux

This is a discussion on Vista ME a bust... - Linux ; ....let the Windows 7 Vapoware annoucements begin. "Oh, it'll be so much leaner and flexible... it could be released as early as next year!" Give up Micro$haft -- you've played the same game one too many times. -- RonB "There's ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

  1. Vista ME a bust...

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  2. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    * RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > ...let the Windows 7 Vapoware annoucements begin.
    >
    > "Oh, it'll be so much leaner and flexible... it could be released as early
    > as next year!"
    >
    > Give up Micro$haft -- you've played the same game one too many times.

    They really blew that gambit with Vista.

    However, some people and business's have fallen into the trap anyway.

    --
    Stolen's a strong word. It's copyrighted content that the owner wasn't paid
    for. So yes. -- Bill Gates, On his use of YouTube to watch videos. "Bill Gates

  3. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:59:58 -0500, RonB
    wrote:

    >...let the Windows 7 Vapoware annoucements begin.
    >
    >"Oh, it'll be so much leaner and flexible... it could be released as early
    >as next year!"
    >
    >Give up Micro$haft -- you've played the same game one too many times.

    Still, Windows ME from year 1999-2000 got more users than all Unix
    combined since the beginning of times.... More recently, it took
    Windows Vista a whole 3 weeks after first hitting the streets to
    overtake Linux's 15 years of pathethic market share.

    As a matter of fact, Vista is the best and fastes selling OS in human
    history, spreading at about 2.5 million copies per week, continously
    since it was launched.

    But don't let those details disturb you, lInUx ruLEZ!!!

  4. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    OK wrote:

    > Still, Windows ME from year 1999-2000 got more users than all Unix
    > combined since the beginning of times....

    So, in other words, it's crap, but Micro$haft was able to foist it on a lot
    of people, via OEM licenses, anyway.

    You WinTrolls have high standards. :~]

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  5. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    OK wrote:

    > On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:59:58 -0500, RonB
    > wrote:
    >
    >>...let the Windows 7 Vapoware annoucements begin.
    >>
    >>"Oh, it'll be so much leaner and flexible... it could be released as early
    >>as next year!"
    >>
    >>Give up Micro$haft -- you've played the same game one too many times.

    > Still, Windows ME from year 1999-2000 got more users than all Unix
    > combined since the beginning of times.... More recently, it took
    > Windows Vista a whole 3 weeks after first hitting the streets to
    > overtake Linux's 15 years of pathethic market share.
    >
    > As a matter of fact, Vista is the best and fastes selling OS in human
    > history, spreading at about 2.5 million copies per week, continously
    > since it was launched.
    >
    > But don't let those details disturb you, lInUx ruLEZ!!!

    On the desktop....

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  6. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    Gregory Shearman wrote:

    >> As a matter of fact, Vista is the best and fastes selling OS in human
    >> history, spreading at about 2.5 million copies per week, continously
    >> since it was launched.
    >>
    >> But don't let those details disturb you, lInUx ruLEZ!!!

    > On the desktop....

    Hmmm... If everything is going so great with Vista ME, why is Gates trying
    to move up the release of Windows "7"? Yeah, everything is hunky dory in
    Micro$haft land.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  7. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    * RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > OK wrote:
    >
    >> Still, Windows ME from year 1999-2000 got more users than all Unix
    >> combined since the beginning of times....

    > So, in other words, it's crap, but Micro$haft was able to foist it on a lot
    > of people, via OEM licenses, anyway.
    >
    > You WinTrolls have high standards. :~]

    Next, that OK asshole will be arguing that ME would make a fine server.

    --
    Unfortunately, many programs are so big that there is no one individual who
    really knows all the pieces, and so the amount of code sharing you get isn't

  8. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    * RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >
    >>> As a matter of fact, Vista is the best and fastes selling OS in human
    >>> history, spreading at about 2.5 million copies per week, continously
    >>> since it was launched.
    >>>
    >>> But don't let those details disturb you, lInUx ruLEZ!!!

    >> On the desktop....

    > Hmmm... If everything is going so great with Vista ME, why is Gates trying
    > to move up the release of Windows "7"? Yeah, everything is hunky dory in
    > Micro$haft land.

    OK is one of those guys who lies with facts. The problem is, he avoids
    the facts that are inconvenient to his concept of Microsoft now and
    forever totally dominating the desktop landscape.

    --
    I have to say that in 1981, making those decisions, I felt like I was
    providing enough freedom for 10 years. That is, a move from 64k to 640k felt

  9. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer OK wrote on behalf of half wits from
    Micoshaft Corporation:

    > Still, Windows ME from year 1999-2000 got more users than all Unix
    > combined since the beginning of times.... More recently, it took
    > Windows Vista a whole 3 weeks after first hitting the streets to
    > overtake Linux's 15 years of pathethic market share.

    All a complete lie.

    Linux sells 3 million embedded Linuxes PER DAY!

    It cannot be compared to anything windummies hope to win with.

    If you want to advocate Linux as one of the most successful
    OSes, then start from those figures instead of figures supplied
    to you from micoshaft marketing department.

  10. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    RonB wrote:
    > ...let the Windows 7 Vapoware annoucements begin.
    >
    > "Oh, it'll be so much leaner and flexible... it could be released as early
    > as next year!"

    It seems likely that MS is writing off Vista---that they don't want
    people switching to Vista and being disillusioned by it---that they want
    to give it a quiet decline and death without admitting what a mistake it
    was---that preventing the disillusionment is to prevent defections to
    Mac and Linux, especially by large IT operations. All of that would
    imply that MS will keep issuing new XP licenses until Windows 7 is
    established.

  11. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    : As a matter of fact, Vista is the best and fastes selling OS in human
    : history, spreading at about 2.5 million copies per week, continously
    : since it was launched.

    Like a virus! Only a virus slows down your PC whereas Vista..... oh right.

  12. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    "Matt" wrote in message
    : RonB wrote:
    : > ...let the Windows 7 Vapoware annoucements begin.
    : >
    :
    : It seems likely that MS is writing off Vista---that they don't want
    : people switching to Vista and being disillusioned by it---that they want
    : to give it a quiet decline and death without admitting what a mistake it
    : was---that preventing the disillusionment is to prevent defections to
    : Mac and Linux, especially by large IT operations. All of that would
    : imply that MS will keep issuing new XP licenses until Windows 7 is
    : established.

    If a car had serious issues, they would recall it. Why don't they just take
    Vista off the shelves?

  13. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    Cork Soaker wrote:
    >> As a matter of fact, Vista is the best and fastes selling OS in human
    >> history, spreading at about 2.5 million copies per week, continously
    >> since it was launched.

    > Like a virus! Only a virus slows down your PC whereas Vista..... oh
    > right.

    "I upgraded to Vista along with this processor and, to tell you the truth,
    Vista runs better than XP as far as I'm concerned. Computer starts up in
    less than 15 seconds {including motherboard bios screen} and shuts off in
    less than 6 seconds.) "

    http://www.amazon.com/review/product...owViewpoints=1

  14. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:41:36 +0100, Cork Soaker wrote:

    >"Matt" wrote in message
    >: RonB wrote:
    >: > ...let the Windows 7 Vapoware annoucements begin.
    >: >
    >: > "Oh, it'll be so much leaner and flexible... it could be released as
    >early
    >: > as next year!"
    >:
    >: It seems likely that MS is writing off Vista---that they don't want
    >: people switching to Vista and being disillusioned by it---that they want
    >: to give it a quiet decline and death without admitting what a mistake it
    >: was---that preventing the disillusionment is to prevent defections to
    >: Mac and Linux, especially by large IT operations. All of that would
    >: imply that MS will keep issuing new XP licenses until Windows 7 is
    >: established.

    >If a car had serious issues, they would recall it. Why don't they just take
    >Vista off the shelves?

    Simple. MS hasn't the ability. It'll take more than a recall
    to fix that thousand ton rolling ****pile.

  15. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    * Cork Soaker peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "Matt" wrote in message
    >:
    >: It seems likely that MS is writing off Vista---that they don't want
    >: people switching to Vista and being disillusioned by it---that they want
    >: to give it a quiet decline and death without admitting what a mistake it
    >: was---that preventing the disillusionment is to prevent defections to
    >: Mac and Linux, especially by large IT operations. All of that would
    >: imply that MS will keep issuing new XP licenses until Windows 7 is
    >: established.
    >
    > If a car had serious issues, they would recall it. Why don't they just take
    > Vista off the shelves?

    Because Microsoft (and many consumers, unfortunately) see themselves as
    software Gods.

    --
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't
    lose.

  16. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    : > If a car had serious issues, they would recall it. Why don't they just
    take
    : > Vista off the shelves?
    :
    : Because Microsoft (and many consumers, unfortunately) see themselves as
    : software Gods.

    Oh yeah, there is that :-D

  17. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of half wits from
    Micoshaft Corporation:

    > "I upgraded to Vista along with this processor and, to tell you the truth,
    > Vista runs better than XP as far as I'm concerned. Computer starts up in
    > less than 15 seconds {including motherboard bios screen} and shuts off in
    > less than 6 seconds.) "

    You who laugh at poor people for being poor should have at least
    the courtesy to point out the machine is an over zealous
    Athlon 64 X2 5000+ and still not fast enough to compare with
    Linux running splashtop (5 seconds) or Linux BIOS (1-2 seconds) used in
    supercomputing clusters.

  18. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    Matt wrote:

    > It seems likely that MS is writing off Vista---that they don't want
    > people switching to Vista and being disillusioned by it---that they want
    > to give it a quiet decline and death without admitting what a mistake it
    > was---that preventing the disillusionment is to prevent defections to
    > Mac and Linux, especially by large IT operations. *All of that would
    > imply that MS will keep issuing new XP licenses until Windows 7 is
    > established.

    Yep. Any time now we'll be releasing a version Windows that actually works.
    Honest. The old vaporware game.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  19. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    Cork Soaker wrote:

    > If a car had serious issues, they would recall it. *Why don't they just
    > take Vista off the shelves?

    I think they've gotten a lot of them, that were on the retail shelves, back
    already. The real question is, why don't they stop foisting it on retail
    customers via OEM versions?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  20. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    "RonB" wrote in message
    > OK wrote:
    >
    >> Still, Windows ME from year 1999-2000 got more users than all Unix
    >> combined since the beginning of times....

    > So, in other words, it's crap, but Micro$haft was able to foist it on a
    > lot
    > of people, via OEM licenses, anyway.

    You keep trying to find "other words" and continue to fail. It must be
    frustrating.

    What he is saying is that Windows ME which was pretty much identical to
    Win98SE was in daily use by more people than have ever used Unix. I think
    that he was just trying to illustrate that Unix (and its Linux clone) is not
    very well known to the general public and is not likely to change much since
    there is no effective effort being made to evangelize it to the regular
    people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast