Vista ME a bust... - Linux

This is a discussion on Vista ME a bust... - Linux ; "Matt" wrote in message news:9fpMj.1541$NU2.1345@news01.roc.ny... > RonB wrote: >> ...let the Windows 7 Vapoware annoucements begin. >> >> "Oh, it'll be so much leaner and flexible... it could be released as >> early >> as next year!" > > It ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

  1. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    "Matt" wrote in message
    > RonB wrote:
    >> ...let the Windows 7 Vapoware annoucements begin.
    >>
    >> "Oh, it'll be so much leaner and flexible... it could be released as
    >> early
    >> as next year!"

    > It seems likely that MS is writing off Vista---that they don't want people
    > switching to Vista and being disillusioned by it---that they want to give
    > it a quiet decline and death without admitting what a mistake it
    > was---that preventing the disillusionment is to prevent defections to Mac
    > and Linux, especially by large IT operations. All of that would imply
    > that MS will keep issuing new XP licenses until Windows 7 is established.

    Oh don't be so silly! There are tens of millions of systems per month
    shipping with Vista versions. Linux should hope for a tenth of that! It is
    a stupid idea to so underestimate its pervasiveness. You folk will never
    come up with a winning strategy with that kind of thinking.

  2. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    7 wrote:
    > Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of half wits
    > from Micoshaft Corporation:
    >
    >> "I upgraded to Vista along with this processor and, to tell you the
    >> truth, Vista runs better than XP as far as I'm concerned. Computer
    >> starts up in less than 15 seconds {including motherboard bios
    >> screen} and shuts off in less than 6 seconds.) "

    > You who laugh at poor people for being poor

    Liar.

    I only laugh at cheap-ass lying Linux users who lie and brag about their
    crap systems and depend on the charity of wealthy Windows users to fund
    next-generation hardware.

    > should have at least
    > the courtesy to point out the machine is an over zealous
    > Athlon 64 X2 5000+ and still not fast enough to compare with
    > Linux running splashtop (5 seconds)

    Get back to me when splashtop boots Linux in < 15 seconds. In fact, get
    back to me when any Linux boots KDE (the only Linux de even close to being
    comparable to Vista) in < 15 seconds. I'll be waiting.

    > or Linux BIOS (1-2 seconds) used
    > in supercomputing clusters.

    Show us your LinuxBIOS boot screens. What's that? You won't, because you
    don't use it? Why not?

  3. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    amicus_curious wrote:
    > "Matt" wrote in message
    >> RonB wrote:
    >>> ...let the Windows 7 Vapoware annoucements begin.
    >>>
    >>> "Oh, it'll be so much leaner and flexible... it could be released as
    >>> early
    >>> as next year!"

    >> It seems likely that MS is writing off Vista---that they don't want
    >> people switching to Vista and being disillusioned by it---that they
    >> want to give it a quiet decline and death without admitting what a
    >> mistake it was---that preventing the disillusionment is to prevent
    >> defections to Mac and Linux, especially by large IT operations. All
    >> of that would imply that MS will keep issuing new XP licenses until
    >> Windows 7 is established.

    > Oh don't be so silly! There are tens of millions of systems per month
    > shipping with Vista versions. Linux should hope for a tenth of that!
    > It is a stupid idea to so underestimate its pervasiveness. You folk
    > will never come up with a winning strategy with that kind of thinking.

    For Linux lusers, 1% is considered a huge win.

  4. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of half wits
    from Micoshaft Corporation:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of half wits
    >> from Micoshaft Corporation:
    >>
    >>> "I upgraded to Vista along with this processor and, to tell you the
    >>> truth, Vista runs better than XP as far as I'm concerned. Computer
    >>> starts up in less than 15 seconds {including motherboard bios
    >>> screen} and shuts off in less than 6 seconds.) "

    >> You who laugh at poor people for being poor

    > Liar.
    >
    > I only laugh at cheap-ass lying Linux users who lie and brag about their
    > crap systems and depend on the charity of wealthy Windows users to fund
    > next-generation hardware.

    Thats limiting yourself a lot with a lot more lies.
    Your laughs were a lot more generous against poor people
    on many previous occassions.

    You should just click on google profiles and confirm
    before replying.

    >> should have at least
    >> the courtesy to point out the machine is an over zealous
    >> Athlon 64 X2 5000+ and still not fast enough to compare with
    >> Linux running splashtop (5 seconds)

    > Get back to me when splashtop boots Linux in < 15 seconds. In fact, get
    > back to me when any Linux boots KDE (the only Linux de even close to being
    > comparable to Vista) in < 15 seconds. I'll be waiting.

    Google is your friend.
    So is www.youtube.com

    >> or Linux BIOS (1-2 seconds) used
    >> in supercomputing clusters.

    > Show us your LinuxBIOS boot screens.

    Google is your friend.
    So is www.youtube.com

    > What's that? You won't, because you
    > don't use it? Why not?

    What would a simple minded asstroturfer like you know?
    A decent roadmap with powerful Linux exists.
    But I doubt you have any roadmaps despite all your windummy rants!

    Linux going strength to strength while windummies
    have to worry when the micoshaft crash is coming.

  5. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:05:32 -0400, Linonut
    wrote:

    >* RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> On the desktop....

    >> Hmmm... If everything is going so great with Vista ME, why is Gates trying
    >> to move up the release of Windows "7"? Yeah, everything is hunky dory in
    >> Micro$haft land.

    >OK is one of those guys who lies with facts. The problem is, he avoids
    >the facts that are inconvenient to his concept of Microsoft now and
    >forever totally dominating the desktop landscape.

    Like what? Linux losing market share from an all time record 0.65% in
    February to 0.61% in March?

    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux

  6. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:41:36 +0100, "Cork Soaker"
    wrote:

    >"Matt" wrote in message
    >: RonB wrote:
    >: > ...let the Windows 7 Vapoware annoucements begin.
    >: >
    >: > "Oh, it'll be so much leaner and flexible... it could be released as
    >early
    >: > as next year!"
    >:
    >: It seems likely that MS is writing off Vista---that they don't want
    >: people switching to Vista and being disillusioned by it---that they want
    >: to give it a quiet decline and death without admitting what a mistake it
    >: was---that preventing the disillusionment is to prevent defections to
    >: Mac and Linux, especially by large IT operations. All of that would
    >: imply that MS will keep issuing new XP licenses until Windows 7 is
    >: established.
    >
    >If a car had serious issues, they would recall it. Why don't they just take
    >Vista off the shelves?

    Because it's by far the best ever selling OS?

  7. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:10:43 -0500, RonB
    wrote:

    >Matt wrote:
    >
    >> It seems likely that MS is writing off Vista---that they don't want
    >> people switching to Vista and being disillusioned by it---that they want
    >> to give it a quiet decline and death without admitting what a mistake it
    >> was---that preventing the disillusionment is to prevent defections to
    >> Mac and Linux, especially by large IT operations. *All of that would
    >> imply that MS will keep issuing new XP licenses until Windows 7 is
    >> established.

    >Yep. Any time now we'll be releasing a version Windows that actually works.

    Vista, unlike Linux, already works for more than 140 million people...

    >Honest. The old vaporware game.

  8. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 19:59:48 -0400, "DFS" wrote:

    >amicus_curious wrote:
    >> "Matt" wrote in message

    >>> It seems likely that MS is writing off Vista---that they don't want
    >>> people switching to Vista and being disillusioned by it---that they
    >>> want to give it a quiet decline and death without admitting what a
    >>> mistake it was---that preventing the disillusionment is to prevent
    >>> defections to Mac and Linux, especially by large IT operations. All
    >>> of that would imply that MS will keep issuing new XP licenses until
    >>> Windows 7 is established.

    >> Oh don't be so silly! There are tens of millions of systems per month
    >> shipping with Vista versions. Linux should hope for a tenth of that!
    >> It is a stupid idea to so underestimate its pervasiveness. You folk
    >> will never come up with a winning strategy with that kind of thinking.

    >For Linux lusers, 1% is considered a huge win.

    You mean 0.1%, the best they did so far is 0.65%

  9. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    OK wrote:

    > Vista, unlike Linux, already works for more than 140 million people...

    Prove it.

    Micro$haft may claim to have sold that many copies. What they don't tell you
    is that an OEM Vista ME license doesn't mean Vista ME is still loaded on
    the machine -- or ever was. They also consider it a "sale" when the retail
    shelves are full of unsold Vista ME packages.

    They also don't take into consideration how many people have uninstalled
    Vista ME and "upgraded" to XP or Linux.

    And there's also the fact that Micro$haft simply lies about the number of
    sales they've made.

    But what is really telling is Bill Gates claiming that "Windows 7" is just
    over the horizon. Why would Bill Gates be touting vaporware already if
    Vista ME was such a success?

    Answer: He wouldn't.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  10. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    OK wrote:

    > Because it's by far the best ever selling OS?

    You live in a fool's paradise. It's just outside Redmond.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  11. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    7 wrote:
    > Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of half wits
    > from Micoshaft Corporation:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>> Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of half
    >>> wits from Micoshaft Corporation:

    >>> You who laugh at poor people for being poor

    >> Liar.
    >>
    >> I only laugh at cheap-ass lying Linux users who lie and brag about
    >> their crap systems and depend on the charity of wealthy Windows
    >> users to fund next-generation hardware.

    > Thats limiting yourself a lot with a lot more lies.
    > Your laughs were a lot more generous against poor people
    > on many previous occassions.
    >
    > You should just click on google profiles and confirm
    > before replying.

    It's your claim - you prove it. You can't, and you won't. You never prove
    any of your idiotic claims.

    >>> should have at least
    >>> the courtesy to point out the machine is an over zealous
    >>> Athlon 64 X2 5000+ and still not fast enough to compare with
    >>> Linux running splashtop (5 seconds)

    >> Get back to me when splashtop boots Linux in < 15 seconds. In fact,
    >> get back to me when any Linux boots KDE (the only Linux de even
    >> close to being comparable to Vista) in < 15 seconds. I'll be
    >> waiting.

    > Google is your friend.
    > So is www.youtube.com

    So, no proof at all. Of course.

    >>> or Linux BIOS (1-2 seconds) used
    >>> in supercomputing clusters.

    >> Show us your LinuxBIOS boot screens.

    > Google is your friend.
    > So is www.youtube.com

    And yet again, you blab about how great something Linux-related is, but you
    don't use it.

    >> What's that? You won't, because you
    >> don't use it? Why not?

    > What would a simple minded asstroturfer like you know?

    A few things:

    * you're an extreme hypocrite who told users to "get licensed" to use your
    proprietary, patent-pending junk
    * you make up silly numbers about Linux adoption and sales without a care
    for the truth
    * you make 100% of your living with Windows, but pretend to be a Linux
    "advocate" at night
    * you don't use splashtop or LinuxBIOS

    > A decent roadmap with powerful Linux exists.
    > But I doubt you have any roadmaps despite all your windummy rants!
    >
    > Linux going strength to strength while windummies
    > have to worry when the micoshaft crash is coming.

    There's no evidence whatsoever of any MS "crash". In fact, just the
    opposite:

    * 2007 was another record year of sales for MS
    * Vista is a HUGE seller
    * Office 2007 sales are through the roof
    * SharePoint is another big hit in businesses.

    Every new deployment or upgrade of Windows is another 'lost-forever' chance
    for Linux to lie and slime its way onto corporate desktops.

    Sorry to have to tell you this, but Linux will NEVER displace Windows. It's
    not good enough.

  12. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    OK writes:

    > On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:05:32 -0400, Linonut
    > wrote:
    >
    >>* RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Hmmm... If everything is going so great with Vista ME, why is Gates trying
    >>> to move up the release of Windows "7"? Yeah, everything is hunky dory in
    >>> Micro$haft land.

    >>OK is one of those guys who lies with facts. The problem is, he avoids
    >>the facts that are inconvenient to his concept of Microsoft now and
    >>forever totally dominating the desktop landscape.

    > Like what? Linux losing market share from an all time record 0.65% in
    > February to 0.61% in March?
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux

    I thought I had seen it all. For all the pee I take out of Gregory I
    never thought for one minute he would be in the same thread as WronG and
    Liarnut. Hilarious. After all - Linux is as good as it can be for
    Greg. Apparently if it got any better it would attract the WronG kind of
    user! Oops! Too late ....

    --
    - "Just think, consumers are not sold on XP, and Microsoft shelled out
    some major $$$ to develop this thing. This is a great opportunity for

  13. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:28:36 -0500, RonB
    wrote:

    >OK wrote:
    >
    >> Because it's by far the best ever selling OS?

    >You live in a fool's paradise. It's just outside Redmond.

    ...but what other OS ever sold at a rate of ~2.5 million copies per
    weeks, 64 weeks in a row (and counting)?

  14. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:28:02 -0500, RonB
    wrote:

    >OK wrote:
    >
    >> Vista, unlike Linux, already works for more than 140 million people...

    >Prove it.
    >
    >Micro$haft may claim to have sold that many copies. What they don't tell you
    >is that an OEM Vista ME license doesn't mean Vista ME is still loaded on
    >the machine -- or ever was. They also consider it a "sale" when the retail
    >shelves are full of unsold Vista ME packages.
    >
    >They also don't take into consideration how many people have uninstalled
    >Vista ME and "upgraded" to XP or Linux.

    Yes right, keep dreaming. With wnat drivers, starting with their DX10
    video card? You really are a fool.

    >And there's also the fact that Micro$haft simply lies about the number of
    >sales they've made.

    Prove it, you fool.

    >But what is really telling is Bill Gates claiming that "Windows 7" is just
    >over the horizon. Why would Bill Gates be touting vaporware already if
    >Vista ME was such a success?
    >
    >Answer: He wouldn't.

    He don't, actually, you just made this up.

    Face it, Vista is selling like no OS before, no amount of wishful
    thinking is going to change anything to this fact.

    No go back do whathever Linux users do, don't you have a kernel to
    recompile of a 8-bit SoundBlaster to figure out?

  15. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    OK wrote:

    > On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:28:36 -0500, RonB
    > wrote:
    >
    >>OK wrote:
    >>
    >>> Because it's by far the best ever selling OS?

    >>You live in a fool's paradise. It's just outside Redmond.

    > ..but what other OS ever sold at a rate of ~2.5 million copies per
    > weeks, 64 weeks in a row (and counting)?

    Only problem is, it's not selling on merit. And a lot of people who had
    Vista ME foisted on them, have gotten rid of it. And those who haven't
    gotten rid of it, it's because they feel they don't have any choice.

    The question you should be asking is what other monopoly has foisted such
    crap on their helpless OEM customers?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  16. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    OK wrote:

    > Face it, Vista is selling like no OS before,

    Face it, Vista ME is crap -- that's why Dell and several computer makers had
    to force Micro$haft to continue licensing XP.

    Them's the facts -- accept it -- get on with your life.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  17. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    OK wrote:

    > On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:10:43 -0500, RonB
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Matt wrote:
    >>
    >>> It seems likely that MS is writing off Vista---that they don't want
    >>> people switching to Vista and being disillusioned by it---that they want
    >>> to give it a quiet decline and death without admitting what a mistake it
    >>> was---that preventing the disillusionment is to prevent defections to
    >>> Mac and Linux, especially by large IT operations. *All of that would
    >>> imply that MS will keep issuing new XP licenses until Windows 7 is
    >>> established.

    >>Yep. Any time now we'll be releasing a version Windows that actually
    >>works.

    > Vista, unlike Linux, already works for more than 140 million people...

    Including those who downgraded their systems to XP?

    Where are your 140 million testimonials? In your own mind, no doubt.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  18. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    On 2008-04-14, RonB claimed:

    > But what is really telling is Bill Gates claiming that "Windows 7" is just
    > over the horizon. Why would Bill Gates be touting vaporware already if
    > Vista ME was such a success?
    >
    > Answer: He wouldn't.

    A bigger question is, if Bill Gates has departed Micro$oft, why is he
    still out shilling for them and playing chief spiritual guru?

    Answer: He's lying about that, too. Just as he lies about his
    "philanthropy" and the purpose of the Bill & Missy Gates Tax Shelter
    Emporium and Traveling Midget Rodeo.

    --
    Capitalism is what people do if you leave them alone.

  19. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 02:39:00 -0500, RonB wrote:

    > OK wrote:
    >
    >> Face it, Vista is selling like no OS before,

    > Face it, Vista ME is crap -- that's why Dell and several computer makers
    > had to force Micro$haft to continue licensing XP.
    >
    > Them's the facts -- accept it -- get on with your life.

    He's right though, Vista *is* selling like no other Windoze before. In
    fact it's selling SO badly that the UK retail group, DSG, have blamed
    Microsoft's Vista for 20 million ($39million) in lost profits.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  20. Re: Vista ME a bust...

    RonB wrote:
    > OK wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:28:36 -0500, RonB
    >> wrote:

    >>> You live in a fool's paradise. It's just outside Redmond.

    >> ..but what other OS ever sold at a rate of ~2.5 million copies per
    >> weeks, 64 weeks in a row (and counting)?

    > Only problem is, it's not selling on merit.

    That's what Linux lusers have to tell themselves to cover the embarrassment
    that Vista is far more widely used and liked than the amateur-hour
    "operating system".

    14 months of general availability = 14% Vista adoption
    14 years of general availability = 0.6% Linux adoption

    You cheapos have had enough time now - deepsix the slop.

    > And a lot of people who had Vista ME
    > foisted on them, have gotten rid of it.

    How many is a "lot" WRonG?

    > And those who haven't gotten rid of it, it's because
    > they feel they don't have any choice.

    Linux certainly is no choice.

    > The question you should be asking is what other monopoly has foisted
    > such crap on their helpless OEM customers?

    Another victim? You whiners are like the battered women of the tech world.