6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7 - Linux

This is a discussion on 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7 - Linux ; On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:01:15 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > So, you Linux loons have two choices. > > 1. Keep churning out one defective distribution after another. 2. Figure > out what is wrong with Linux and why ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 82 of 82

  1. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:01:15 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > So, you Linux loons have two choices.
    >
    > 1. Keep churning out one defective distribution after another. 2. Figure
    > out what is wrong with Linux and why average people are willing to pay
    > for Windows rather than use Linux and fix the problem with a
    > distribution that actually, totally, completely works.
    >
    > The ball is in your court.
    > And in fact it has been for the past 10+ years. The problem is, you
    > Linux boobs hide behind the freedom of choice flag and don't realize
    > that choice isn't really good when all the choices suck at the basic
    > level.

    Considering the intelligence of the current computer user and their
    interest in anything truly technical it's no wonder they rather buy a
    broken out of the box Windows machine from Wal-Mart than to even buy a
    decent Windows machine let alone buy something with Linux installed.

    Microsoft has made sure to dig its claws in deep so it's very hard to get
    rid of it and they're trying to do the same with consoles, servers and
    programming languages and even search and luckily they can't do it.

    Their problem is that this isn't the beginning of the computing boom.
    There are too many good choices to stop them from gaining a monopoly hold
    outside of the desktop area.

    Consider how many people do use Windows as their OS. Now consider how
    many of them won't use MSN search (even though MS makes it a default on
    IE), use Zune or even use the 360. The Nintendo Wii is completely
    underpowered and has a lot of **** games yet it stomped all over MS and
    their red-ringing 360.

    If people loved MS so much why don't they buy into everything they
    create? Or is it because Microsoft is **** but it's nearly impossible to
    buy a reasonably price computer(Macs are over priced) without Windows and
    most people only just barely understand Windows so they sure as hell
    aren't going to move to anything new.

    And if Windows is so great why do you have to live in fear of Linux
    taking over and come here and argue against it? If MS has no fear from
    Linux then why waste your valuable time coming here to be the world's
    biggest tit?

    Do you troll other insignificant things like death from ant bites?

  2. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Frank Stallone wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:01:15 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> So, you Linux loons have two choices.
    >>
    >> 1. Keep churning out one defective distribution after another. 2.
    >> Figure out what is wrong with Linux and why average people are
    >> willing to pay for Windows rather than use Linux and fix the problem
    >> with a distribution that actually, totally, completely works.
    >>
    >> The ball is in your court.
    >> And in fact it has been for the past 10+ years. The problem is, you
    >> Linux boobs hide behind the freedom of choice flag and don't realize
    >> that choice isn't really good when all the choices suck at the basic
    >> level.

    > Considering the intelligence of the current computer user and their
    > interest in anything truly technical it's no wonder they rather buy a
    > broken out of the box Windows machine from Wal-Mart than to even buy a
    > decent Windows machine let alone buy something with Linux installed.

    Why should everyone have to have a technical interest in operating systems?
    They're nothing more than a necessary evil (except to tinkerers who see the
    OS as the means to the end).

    > Microsoft has made sure to dig its claws in deep so it's very hard to
    > get rid of it and they're trying to do the same with consoles,
    > servers and programming languages and even search and luckily they
    > can't do it.

    Good for them - that's their business model and they've been damn successful
    at it. Apple is far worse.

    And what makes you think it's easy to get rid of open source programs like
    OpenOffice and MySQL and Gambas and Gimp - they have all kinds of quirks and
    file formats that could make migrating off them a hassle.

    > Their problem is that this isn't the beginning of the computing boom.
    > There are too many good choices to stop them from gaining a monopoly
    > hold outside of the desktop area.

    They don't hold a monopoly on desktops, either.

    > Consider how many people do use Windows as their OS. Now consider how
    > many of them won't use MSN search (even though MS makes it a default
    > on IE),

    So? Google returns better results, and it has more mindshare and has a cool
    image.

    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/zune-sale...zon-322232.php

    > or even use the 360.

    The best-selling, best-titled game console. The Wii isn't a competitor for
    the kind of people that play XBox/Playstation games.

    > The Nintendo Wii is completely
    > underpowered and has a lot of **** games yet it stomped all over MS
    > and their red-ringing 360.

    And it's at least $100 cheaper, and doesn't attract the same kind of gamer.

    The XBox360 obliterated its competition (the PS3, or should I say the
    Linux-based PS3 as various cola morons like to claim).

    > If people loved MS so much

    Who said that?

    > why don't they buy into everything they create?

    Many, many companies and people do. But like a typical dumb cola luser, you
    try to pose it as a ridiculous all-or-nothing scenario: if everyone doesn't
    embrace everything MS does and says and sells, it means MS is a failure.

    Silly, weak-minded bozo.

    And you named only two areas where MS is behind? What's really laughable
    is, two is all you can name. In virtually every market they compete in,
    they're very successful - if not #1 or #2.

    > Or is it because Microsoft is ****

    Nothing MS produces is **** (**** being relative to the available
    alternatives).

    On the other hand, OpenOffice Base and Gambas and Evolution...

    > but it's nearly impossible
    > to buy a reasonably price computer

    What? How broke are you?

    No wonder you're so shrill.

    > (Macs are over priced)

    Macs are insanely overpriced: my recent Microcenter flyer has a Macbook Pro
    for $1900. It's about as powerful as the $1000 Vista/XP laptops in the same
    flyer. iLife isn't worth $900.

    > without
    > Windows and most people only just barely understand Windows so they
    > sure as hell aren't going to move to anything new.

    Why should they? The Windows platform is plenty good enough, the Windows
    ecosystem is superior, and the Linux ecosystem isn't nearly good enough.

    The flexibility and decouple architecture is superior to Windows - but that
    doesn't matter to anyone but a few of us geeks.

    > And if Windows is so great why do you have to live in fear of Linux
    > taking over and come here and argue against it?

    Anyone who can read knows Linux has NO CHANCE of taking over. It's a waste
    of time to even dream about it.

    > If MS has no fear from Linux then why waste your valuable
    > time coming here to be the world's biggest tit?

    Maybe Moshe (and me and anyone else) just likes to argue and discuss
    computer stuff.

    > Do you troll other insignificant things like death from ant bites?

    Nothing insignificant about operating systems. Most of us interact with
    them 6-8 hours a day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5