6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7 - Linux

This is a discussion on 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7 - Linux ; caver1 wrote: >> >> Sure.... >> That's why Linux has 600+ different distributions. > > > So what? Not a problem for those of us who actually *use* Linux. Only a "problem" for WinTrolls who don't use Linux anyhow. They ...

  1. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    caver1 wrote:

    >> Sure....
    >> That's why Linux has 600+ different distributions.

    > So what?

    Not a problem for those of us who actually *use* Linux. Only a "problem" for
    WinTrolls who don't use Linux anyhow. They desperately need some new FUD.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  2. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > One word, Vista.

    Two words, Vista ME.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  3. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Jerry McBride writes:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:08:49 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >>

    >>> Windows software design is just far too convoluted.

    >> Coming from a Linux user this is quite a statement..................
    >>

    > Oh yeah? Are you able to compare linux source code to windows source code???
    > I thought not...

    And the last time you compared kernel source code Jerry?

    Most of the decent OSS is also available for Windows - source code,
    warts and all.

    --
    "Just think, consumers are not sold on XP, and Microsoft shelled out
    some major $$$ to develop this thing. This is a great opportunity for

  4. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    "RonB" wrote in message
    > Canuck57 wrote:
    >
    >> M$ is best compared to too many chiefs. 6 years for Vista...whew. What a
    >> waste.

    > Amazing, isn't it? Micro$haft is flailing.

    Not really. The surprise however is that they are doing it to themselves
    with Vista.

  5. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:41:45 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Jerry McBride writes:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> Coming from a Linux user this is quite a statement..................
    >>>

    >> Oh yeah? Are you able to compare linux source code to windows source code???
    >> I thought not...

    > And the last time you compared kernel source code Jerry?
    >
    > Most of the decent OSS is also available for Windows - source code,
    > warts and all.

    Yea.
    That's like saying well buy the Ford Focus because with every car we
    include the design specs for the seats, doors, dip stick etc.

    Sure you might get 1 nut out of 10,000 buyers for whom this might be an
    important factor.
    However the 9,999 buyers could car less.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Hadron wrote:

    > Most of the decent OSS is also available for Windows - source code,
    > warts and all.

    Good point.

    The much-larger user base of a cross-platform app justifies to its
    developers that they put more effort into its development. Those
    developers are the folks that have the most effect nowadays breaking the
    MS monopoly---by providing solid apps that make the OS less relevant.

  7. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:41:45 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Jerry McBride writes:

    >>> Oh yeah? Are you able to compare linux source code to windows
    >>> source code??? I thought not...

    >> And the last time you compared kernel source code Jerry?
    >>
    >> Most of the decent OSS is also available for Windows - source code,
    >> warts and all.

    > Yea.
    > That's like saying well buy the Ford Focus because with every car we
    > include the design specs for the seats, doors, dip stick etc.
    >
    > Sure you might get 1 nut out of 10,000 buyers for whom this might be
    > an important factor.
    > However the 9,999 buyers could car less.

    Car - less...A Spanish victim of auto-theft.

    --
    http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    - Personalised Desktop Computers

  8. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 23:27:03 +0100, Dr.Hal0nf1r$ wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> And the last time you compared kernel source code Jerry?
    >>>
    >>> Most of the decent OSS is also available for Windows - source code,
    >>> warts and all.

    >> Yea.
    >> That's like saying well buy the Ford Focus because with every car we
    >> include the design specs for the seats, doors, dip stick etc.
    >>
    >> Sure you might get 1 nut out of 10,000 buyers for whom this might be
    >> an important factor.
    >> However the 9,999 buyers could car less.

    > Car - less...A Spanish victim of auto-theft.

    Hahahahahahha!!!!!
    A beauty!!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  10. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  11. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  12. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  13. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  14. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Homer wrote:

    > Not that I care, frankly - Linux is already everything that I need
    > from an OS.

    What a [H]uge [L]iar.

  15. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:48:10 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Homer wrote:
    >
    >> Not that I care, frankly - Linux is already everything that I need
    >> from an OS.

    > What a [H]uge [L]iar.

    Yep....
    Mark Kent says the same thing yet by day he is a Microsoft partner!!

    The Linux users are total hypocrites...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  17. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    I guess convolution sells ...

    You should try packaging your logic and sell it .. might be able to retire

    Rich

  18. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    >> Sure you might get 1 nut out of 10,000 buyers for whom this might be
    >> an important factor.
    >> However the 9,999 buyers could car less.

    > Car - less...A Spanish victim of auto-theft.

    You ever hear of Insurance? Or was that clunker of yours too cheap to
    insure? lol Well at least they didn't steal your 386 PC, you can still run
    Linux.

    > --
    > http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    > - Personalised Desktop Computers

  19. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    "Moshe Goldfarb" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:02:13 -0400, Fred Williams wrote:

    >>> Coming from a Linux user this is quite a statement..................
    >>>

    >> What a load of crap. Windows is far more convoluted because they
    >> have
    >> all this deception, and hidden commercial agendas, to maintain. Linux
    >> is far less convoluted and open, because it's free and that means it's
    >> free to be functional, without convolutions.

    Yep, cheap and built to stay that way haha

    > Sure....
    > That's why Linux has 600+ different distributions.
    > That's why Linux has 10 different sound systems.
    > That's why Linux has at least 5 different package managers.
    >
    > Would you like me to continue?
    >
    > Point is, that is why Linux is convoluted.
    > Too many Indians and not enough Chiefs.
    >

    > --
    > Moshe Goldfarb
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: 6 months ago: Microsoft shows off leaner kernel for Windows 7

    > On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:48:10 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Homer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Not that I care, frankly - Linux is already everything that I need
    >>> from an OS.

    >> What a [H]uge [L]iar.

    > Yep....
    > Mark Kent says the same thing yet by day he is a Microsoft partner!!
    >
    > The Linux users are total hypocrites...

    No, they're just penniless losers and wackos. They're the sort who vote for
    Lyndon Larouche and think "global warming" and that tidal wave in Indonesia
    were manufactured by big business. Linux is like a cult to them and their
    lives revolve around it. Perhaps because they have no real lives.They're
    like the Jehovah Witnesses of the computer world . Why else would they come
    on unrelated groups where they're not wanted and try to "convert" people to
    Linux? If I had some sort of superior technology I'd keep it to myself )