Re: [Roy Schestowitz (no suprise) Lies again and again] Windows/Microsoft Fan Whines About Vista, IE7 (was: [News] Windows/Microsoft Fan Whines About Vista, IE7) - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [Roy Schestowitz (no suprise) Lies again and again] Windows/Microsoft Fan Whines About Vista, IE7 (was: [News] Windows/Microsoft Fan Whines About Vista, IE7) - Linux ; On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:14:06 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Dapper DEP Drops In but Won't Leave > > ,----[ Quote ] >| NX bit support is common among modern operating systems, including Linux and >| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ >| Mac ...

  1. Re: [Roy Schestowitz (no suprise) Lies again and again] Windows/Microsoft Fan Whines About Vista, IE7 (was: [News] Windows/Microsoft Fan Whines About Vista, IE7)

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:14:06 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Dapper DEP Drops In but Won't Leave
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| NX bit support is common among modern operating systems, including Linux and
    >| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >| Mac OS X (on Intel processors). On Windows Vista, Microsoft extended
    >| hardware-enabled DEP to Internet Explorer. In my testing, DEP-enabled IE 7 on
    >| Windows Vista leads to fairly frequent browser crashes, particularly with
    >| some plug-ins.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.microsoft-watch.com/conte...129TX1K0000535

    Since when is Microsoft Watch a "fan" of Windows/Microsoft?

    You've posted many Microsoft/Windows critical stories from them, so you
    know damn well that they're not. So why the lie?

  2. Re: [Roy Schestowitz (no suprise) Lies again and again] Windows/Microsoft Fan Whines About Vista, IE7

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:38:18 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:14:06 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Dapper DEP Drops In but Won't Leave
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| NX bit support is common among modern operating systems, including Linux and
    >>| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>| Mac OS X (on Intel processors). On Windows Vista, Microsoft extended
    >>| hardware-enabled DEP to Internet Explorer. In my testing, DEP-enabled IE 7 on
    >>| Windows Vista leads to fairly frequent browser crashes, particularly with
    >>| some plug-ins.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/conte...129TX1K0000535

    > Since when is Microsoft Watch a "fan" of Windows/Microsoft?
    >
    > You've posted many Microsoft/Windows critical stories from them, so you
    > know damn well that they're not. So why the lie?

    Like I said in the Gartner post, when these places walk the walk and talk
    the talk that the Linux loons wish to hear they support them.

    When they don't follow the Linux loon script, then they are Satan.

    It's classic Linux zealot behavior.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [Roy Schestowitz (no suprise) Lies again and again] Windows/Microsoft Fan Whines About Vista, IE7

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic