Popular laptops ... - Linux

This is a discussion on Popular laptops ... - Linux ; Linonut wrote: > * Jim Richardson peremptorily fired off this memo: > >> Erik has somewhat of a point, I mean, a bare bones XP install can't do >> much of anything other than email and web. No word processor, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 42 of 42

  1. Re: Popular laptops ...

    Linonut wrote:

    > * Jim Richardson peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Erik has somewhat of a point, I mean, a bare bones XP install can't do
    >> much of anything other than email and web. No word processor, nothing
    >> like that. Wordpad if you are "lucky".
    >>
    >> Of course, most vendors pile on all sorts of crap, and offer
    >> pre-installed (for a fee, hefty or otherwise) copies of MS-Works and/or
    >> office. So if your needs are simple, then that would likely suffice.

    > MS Works is worse than useless.

    Almost as bad as M$ Office. :~]

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  2. Re: Popular laptops ...

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:11:21 -0500, RonB wrote:
    >Linonut wrote:

    >> * Jim Richardson peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Erik has somewhat of a point, I mean, a bare bones XP install can't do
    >>> much of anything other than email and web. No word processor, nothing
    >>> like that. Wordpad if you are "lucky".
    >>>
    >>> Of course, most vendors pile on all sorts of crap, and offer
    >>> pre-installed (for a fee, hefty or otherwise) copies of MS-Works and/or
    >>> office. So if your needs are simple, then that would likely suffice.

    >> MS Works is worse than useless.

    >Almost as bad as M$ Office. :~]

    MS works is ****, just less of it.

+ Reply to Thread