Linux: Mandriva 2008 freezes "a lot", user gives up on it and goes back to XP - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: Mandriva 2008 freezes "a lot", user gives up on it and goes back to XP - Linux ; "...did a clean install of Mandriva 2008 and it has been freezing a lot, regardless of what i am doing." "I have given up on it for the momemnt however, I have to much other stuff to do this week ...

  1. Linux: Mandriva 2008 freezes "a lot", user gives up on it and goes back to XP

    "...did a clean install of Mandriva 2008 and it has been freezing a lot,
    regardless of what i am doing."

    "I have given up on it for the momemnt however, I have to much other stuff
    to do this week and can't put the time into figuring this stuff out and need
    a computer running."

    http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic....3a9dc185854a5a

    I figure 99% of people who try Linux have similar experiences.

  2. Re: Linux: Mandriva 2008 freezes "a lot", user gives up on it and goes back to XP

    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,610 for "linux freezes"
    Results 1 - 10 of about 34,300 for "windows freezes"

    Windows freezes or stops responding frequently.

    Windows Freezes

    I'm Tired of the Way Windows Freezes!

    Windows Freezes at "Windows is Shutting Down"

    Windows XP freezes at mup.sys, how do I fix it?

    Windows freezes on me daily

    Windows freezes when inserting a cd

    Windows freezes on startup even after erecovery

    Windows freezes at start-up

    Windows Freezes After Being Idle

    Windows freezes during installation

    Windows Freezes during Initial Setup

    Windows freezes with 100% CPU usage.

    Windows Freezes at Startup with no apparent reason

    Windows freezes during startup?

    windows freezes with right click with NVIDIA installed

    Windows freezes for 1 second every 6 seconds

    Windows freezes

    Upon opening application, windows freezes

    Windows freezes when try to watch a video

  3. Re: Linux: Mandriva 2008 freezes "a lot", user gives up on it andgoes back to XP

    DFS had de volgende lumineuze gedachte op 09-04-08 04:21:
    > "...did a clean install of Mandriva 2008 and it has been freezing a lot,
    > regardless of what i am doing."
    >
    > "I have given up on it for the momemnt however, I have to much other stuff
    > to do this week and can't put the time into figuring this stuff out and need
    > a computer running."
    >
    > http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic....3a9dc185854a5a
    >

    > I figure 99% of people who try Linux have similar experiences.

    What a nonsense!

    Mandriva is my favourite distribution on my production computer. Windows
    is left behind. It is rock stable and does not freeze. Yes, there is a
    problem with compiz and a screensaver. So one changes the screensaver.
    That is all....

    You must be terribly inept at using computers or installing operating
    systems and I pity you. Or you just search for problems here and there
    and pretend that this is the common experience of Linux users. In this
    case I pity you even more.....

    Erik Jan

  4. Re: Linux: Mandriva 2008 freezes "a lot", user gives up on it and goes back to XP

    On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 00:54:22 +0200, Erik Jan wrote:

    > DFS had de volgende lumineuze gedachte op 09-04-08 04:21:
    >> "...did a clean install of Mandriva 2008 and it has been freezing a lot,
    >> regardless of what i am doing."
    >>
    >> "I have given up on it for the momemnt however, I have to much other
    >> stuff to do this week and can't put the time into figuring this stuff
    >> out and need a computer running."
    >>
    >> http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic....3a9dc185854a5a
    >>

    >> I figure 99% of people who try Linux have similar experiences.
    >>

    > What a nonsense!
    >
    > Mandriva is my favourite distribution on my production computer. Windows
    > is left behind. It is rock stable and does not freeze. Yes, there is a
    > problem with compiz and a screensaver. So one changes the screensaver.
    > That is all....
    >
    > You must be terribly inept at using computers or installing operating
    > systems and I pity you. Or you just search for problems here and there and
    > pretend that this is the common experience of Linux users. In this case I
    > pity you even more.....
    >
    > Erik Jan

    DFS is an incompetant wintroll, that's all. Bin him & move on.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit
    Released April 9th 2008.

  5. Re: Linux: Mandriva 2008 freezes "a lot", user gives up on it and goes back to XP

    * Erik Jan peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > DFS had de volgende lumineuze gedachte op 09-04-08 04:21:
    >>
    >> I figure 99% of people who try Linux have similar experiences.
    >>

    > What a nonsense!
    >
    > Mandriva is my favourite distribution on my production computer. Windows
    > is left behind. It is rock stable and does not freeze. Yes, there is a
    > problem with compiz and a screensaver. So one changes the screensaver.
    > That is all....
    >
    > You must be terribly inept at using computers or installing operating
    > systems and I pity you. Or you just search for problems here and there
    > and pretend that this is the common experience of Linux users. In this
    > case I pity you even more.....

    He's nutz.

    Like you, I've grown very fond of Linux, and greatly prefer it to
    Windows, and would rather work around the rough spots of Linux than the
    rough spots of XP.

    XP does have rough spots. I'm using a fairly new install of it. For
    some reason the USB mouse wouldn't work at first. Unplug and replug, no
    dice, but a restart worked. The PS/2 keyboard stopped working after the
    screen-blanker kicked in, too.

    These aren't normal problems, but they do happen.

    Say, do you think Bill thinks OOXML will be destructive for Microsoft? :

    --
    One thing we have got to change in our strategy - allowing Office documents to
    be rendered very well by other peoples browsers is one of the most destructive

+ Reply to Thread