Linux: I spoke too soon - the glitches and freezing are back - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: I spoke too soon - the glitches and freezing are back - Linux ; Sunday 7/30/06 at 2:33pm the twerp zero08 gloats: I updated to suspend2-sources 2.6.17-r2 and all glitches are gone. I guess they fixed the SATA driver in 2.6.17. I love linux. Now I can impress people again by recompiling the system ...

  1. Linux: I spoke too soon - the glitches and freezing are back

    Sunday 7/30/06 at 2:33pm the twerp zero08 gloats:

    I updated to suspend2-sources 2.6.17-r2 and all glitches are gone. I guess
    they fixed the SATA driver in 2.6.17. I love linux. Now I can impress people
    again by recompiling the system while watching TV, burning DVDs and have
    hundreds of web paging open with the system still being more responsive than
    W***s. MUAH!

    One hour later the twerp is back eating crow:

    "Mmmh, seems I celebrated too early. the glitches appearantly disappeared
    for a short time, but when I did an emerge -uD world I noticed it. But it
    improved a bit, KWIN doesn't crash any more under load. Ok, I take it back,
    the problem is not yet solved. Someone fix the SATA drivers!!"

    http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t...-start-25.html

  2. Re: Linux: I spoke too soon - the glitches and freezing are back

    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,610 for "linux freezes"
    Results 1 - 10 of about 34,300 for "windows freezes"

    Windows freezes or stops responding frequently.

    Windows Freezes

    I'm Tired of the Way Windows Freezes!

    Windows Freezes at "Windows is Shutting Down"

    Windows XP freezes at mup.sys, how do I fix it?

    Windows freezes on me daily

    Windows freezes when inserting a cd

    Windows freezes on startup even after erecovery

    Windows freezes at start-up

    Windows Freezes After Being Idle

    Windows freezes during installation

    Windows Freezes during Initial Setup

    Windows freezes with 100% CPU usage.

    Windows Freezes at Startup with no apparent reason

    Windows freezes during startup?

    windows freezes with right click with NVIDIA installed

    Windows freezes for 1 second every 6 seconds

    Windows freezes

    Upon opening application, windows freezes

    Windows freezes when try to watch a video

  3. Re: Linux: I spoke too soon - the glitches and freezing are back

    What about 535'000 hits for Linux is crap?

  4. Re: Linux: I spoke too soon - the glitches and freezing are back

    Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > OK wrote:
    >
    >> What about 535'000 hits for Linux is crap?

    > What about the 1,130,000 hits for Windows is crap?
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Gregory.
    > Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

    Which is pretty amazing because, when Windows goes down, people usually
    can't get to the Internet to complain about it.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  5. Re: Linux: I spoke too soon - the glitches and freezing are back

    OK wrote:

    > What about 535'000 hits for Linux is crap?

    What about the 1,130,000 hits for Windows is crap?

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  6. Re: Linux: I spoke too soon - the glitches and freezing are back

    RonB wrote:

    >Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >>
    >> What about the 1,130,000 hits for Windows is crap?

    >Which is pretty amazing because, when Windows goes down, people usually
    >can't get to the Internet to complain about it.

    *cymbal crash*

  7. Re: Linux: I spoke too soon - the glitches and freezing are back

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:35:08 +1000, Gregory Shearman
    wrote:

    >OK wrote:
    >
    >> What about 535'000 hits for Linux is crap?

    >What about the 1,130,000 hits for Windows is crap?

    96% vs. 0.61%, yet the 0.61% guy gets ~50% if crap complaints...
    thanks for pointing it out, very smart of you, really.

  8. Re: Vista: I spoke too soon - the glitches and freezing are back

    Vista ME -- for the easily amused.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  9. Re: Linux: I spoke too soon - the glitches and freezing are back

    OK wrote:

    > On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:35:08 +1000, Gregory Shearman
    > wrote:
    >
    >>OK wrote:
    >>
    >>> What about 535'000 hits for Linux is crap?

    >>What about the 1,130,000 hits for Windows is crap?

    > 96% vs. 0.61%, yet the 0.61% guy gets ~50% if crap complaints...
    > thanks for pointing it out, very smart of you, really.

    WTF are you babbling about? Quoting desktop statistics is irrelevant. Linux
    is on far far far more than desktop machines... besides, your statistics
    have no basis in fact.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.