Linux: "it's just a crapshoot" - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: "it's just a crapshoot" - Linux ; #622 "With my old hardware I was lucky to run Ubuntu for more than 10-15 minutes. Playing WoW through Wine would be a guaranteed freeze. But since the hardware changes nothing has locked up or anything. I can view Youtube ...

  1. Linux: "it's just a crapshoot"

    "With my old hardware I was lucky to run Ubuntu for more than 10-15 minutes.
    Playing WoW through Wine would be a guaranteed freeze. But since the
    hardware changes nothing has locked up or anything. I can view Youtube
    videos, goof off on the desktop, play WoW interrupted, etc.

    I think it's just a crapshoot."

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63

  2. Re: Linux: "it's just a crapshoot"

    On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 20:37:12 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "With my old hardware I was lucky to run Ubuntu for more than 10-15 minutes.
    > Playing WoW through Wine would be a guaranteed freeze. But since the
    > hardware changes nothing has locked up or anything. I can view Youtube
    > videos, goof off on the desktop, play WoW interrupted, etc.
    >
    > I think it's just a crapshoot."
    >

    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63

    He probably tried to use modern hardware and that's why Linux was bombing
    on him.

    When he downgraded his hardware, Linux sprang to life and worked great.

    Everyone knows Linux and old hardware is a perfect match.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread