Martian headsets for Earth people: How to fix Internet Explorer 8

,----[ Quote ]
| Will the Internet Explorer 8 team implement the above fixes? I don't know. I
| hope so. It's not a silver bullet. Websites that run in standards mode
| through their doctype but don't work in Firefox or other standard compliant
| browsers today probably will still not work with IE8 using these changes. But
| that is a vast improvement over the large amount of websites that don't work
| in IE8 standards mode today, or locking the web at an IE7 level of "standards
| compliance".
`----

http://www.jejik.com/articles/2008/0...et_explorer_8/

If only Microsoft respected standards...

Recent:

IE8: The Bad

,----[ Quote ]
| There are quite a few good things about the Microsoft release, such as
| showing that HTML5 is looked at, Acid2 is (almost) being passed, and CSS
| support is improving, but there are quite a few evil things as well... *
`----

http://annevankesteren.nl/2008/03/ie8-bad

ACID3 and Konqueror

,----[ Quote ]
| As you can see, amongst stable versions (in bold), Konqueror beats them all.
| Hip, hip, hooray for Konqueror (KHTML) devs! And one hip and hooray for
| WebKit! *
`----

http://ivan.fomentgroup.org/blog/200...and-konqueror/

[Watch IE failing badly]

Related:

Users, Web developers vent over IE7

,----[ Quote ]
| Users of Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) turned a blog post by a Microsoft program
| manager into a complaint free-for-all that took the company to task for not
| following through on browser upgrade promises and alienating Web developers. *
`----

IE7 still creating problems for developers?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://devthought.com/ie7-still-crea...or-developers/