Vista is slow because it spys on the computer user. - Linux

This is a discussion on Vista is slow because it spys on the computer user. - Linux ; I don't own a Mac but I bought a Vista machine from Dell. I asked to return it because it ran so slow. They offered to install XP as it was the only way to make it run at a ...

  1. Vista is slow because it spys on the computer user.

    I don't own a Mac but I bought a Vista machine from Dell. I asked to
    return it because it ran so slow. They offered to install XP as it was
    the only way to make it run at a decent speed.

    Here are the facts,

    1. XP is still going strong because computer manufactures don't want
    to sell slow machines.

    2. Microsoft it self is so mortified by the slow performance of Vista
    that they are talking about introducing a new OS next year.

    3. It is physically impossible for Vista to run as fast as Mac because
    they use the same chips and Vista devotes most of its memory watching
    the computer user.

    Currently, Microsoft penalizes Vista users who fail to activate their
    operating system software within 30 days, or three days after a major
    hardware configuration change, by restricting Vista to running in "out-
    of-grace reduced functionality mode." This denies access to games
    included in Window Vista and to premium features such as Aero Glass,
    ReadyBoost, and BitLocker. It also limits the amount of time the user
    can remain logged in to one hour.

    Owning a Vista machine is the same as have Big Brother watch you in
    1984 except people are paying to be spied on. Vista monitors all
    computer use and is capable of reporting the user to Microsoft for
    anything that the user does be it a political or sexual preference or
    merely sharing files with another person.

  2. Re: Vista is slow because it spys on the computer user.

    * flamestar peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Owning a Vista machine is the same as have Big Brother watch you in
    > 1984 except people are paying to be spied on. Vista monitors all
    > computer use and is capable of reporting the user to Microsoft for
    > anything that the user does be it a political or sexual preference or
    > merely sharing files with another person.

    Microsoft doesn't care about that stuff. Except insofar as it affects
    your spending habits.

    --
    Well, it seems to me that he did have an education to get there. It happened to
    be mine, not his. -- Gary Kildall on the selection of Gates to give the

  3. Re: Vista is slow because it spys on the computer user.

    "flamestar" wrote in message
    >I don't own a Mac but I bought a Vista machine from Dell. I asked to
    > return it because it ran so slow. They offered to install XP as it was
    > the only way to make it run at a decent speed.
    >

    > Here are the facts,
    >

    > 1. XP is still going strong because computer manufactures don't want
    > to sell slow machines.
    >

    > 2. Microsoft it self is so mortified by the slow performance of Vista
    > that they are talking about introducing a new OS next year.
    >

    > 3. It is physically impossible for Vista to run as fast as Mac because
    > they use the same chips and Vista devotes most of its memory watching
    > the computer user.
    >

    > Currently, Microsoft penalizes Vista users who fail to activate their
    > operating system software within 30 days, or three days after a major
    > hardware configuration change, by restricting Vista to running in "out-
    > of-grace reduced functionality mode." This denies access to games
    > included in Window Vista and to premium features such as Aero Glass,
    > ReadyBoost, and BitLocker. It also limits the amount of time the user
    > can remain logged in to one hour.
    >
    > Owning a Vista machine is the same as have Big Brother watch you in
    > 1984 except people are paying to be spied on. Vista monitors all
    > computer use and is capable of reporting the user to Microsoft for
    > anything that the user does be it a political or sexual preference or
    > merely sharing files with another person.

    I am curious as to how someone so lame as the poster pretends to be could
    find his way onto usenet and arrive at this obscure newsgroup populated with
    Linux fanatics and those who like a little target practice now and then. I
    can only conclude that the poster is putting us on, although the continued
    inane musings of the likes of chrisv, 7, Poaster, and a couple of others
    show that it is possible for him to be serious.

  4. Re: Vista is slow because it spys on the computer user.

    ____/ flamestar on Monday 07 April 2008 11:52 : \____

    > I don't own a Mac but I bought a Vista machine from Dell. I asked to
    > return it because it ran so slow. They offered to install XP as it was
    > the only way to make it run at a decent speed.
    >

    > Here are the facts,
    >

    > 1. XP is still going strong because computer manufactures don't want
    > to sell slow machines.
    >

    > 2. Microsoft it self is so mortified by the slow performance of Vista
    > that they are talking about introducing a new OS next year.
    >

    > 3. It is physically impossible for Vista to run as fast as Mac because
    > they use the same chips and Vista devotes most of its memory watching
    > the computer user.
    >

    > Currently, Microsoft penalizes Vista users who fail to activate their
    > operating system software within 30 days, or three days after a major
    > hardware configuration change, by restricting Vista to running in "out-
    > of-grace reduced functionality mode." This denies access to games
    > included in Window Vista and to premium features such as Aero Glass,
    > ReadyBoost, and BitLocker. It also limits the amount of time the user
    > can remain logged in to one hour.
    >
    > Owning a Vista machine is the same as have Big Brother watch you in
    > 1984 except people are paying to be spied on. Vista monitors all
    > computer use and is capable of reporting the user to Microsoft for
    > anything that the user does be it a political or sexual preference or
    > merely sharing files with another person.

    [female robot-like voice] Welcome to Windows Vista, the World Where You and
    Steve Ballmer /Share/ Your PC. Watch Out for the Chair. [/voice]

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Vista--Microsoft’s latest operating system--may prove to be most
    | appropriately named, especially for those seeking evidence of how a
    | computer was used.
    `----

    http://www.abanet.org/journal/ereport/jy13tkjasn.html

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forge...ft-58752.shtml

    Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The adware framework would leave almost no data untouched in its quest to
    | sell you stuff. It would inspect "user document files, user e-mail files,
    | user music files, downloaded podcasts, computer settings, computer status
    | messages (e.g., a low memory status or low printer ink)," and more. How could
    | we have been so blind as to not see the marketing value in computer status
    | messages? Â* Â*
    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...e-systems.html

    New software can identify you from your online habits

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | That is the spectre raised by new research conducted by Microsoft.
    | The computing giant is developing software that could accurately
    | guess your name, age, gender and potentially even your location,
    | by analysing telltale patterns in your web browsing history. But
    | experts say the idea is a clear threat to privacy - and may be
    | illegal in some places.
    `----

    http://www.newscientisttech.com/arti...ng-human_rss20
    http://tinyurl.com/2lrazk

    Microsoft Giving Away Vista and More for Information

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft is giving away free versions of Vista Ultimate, Office 07 Ultimate,
    | and more in exchange for your participation in the Windows Feedback Program.
    | Basically, in exchange for letting Microsoft scan your computer and programs
    | for three months...
    `----

    http://www.gamingshogun.com/Default.aspx?a=558

    Microsoft could be teaching police to hack Vista

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft may begin training the police in ways to break the
    | encryption built into its forthcoming Vista operating system.
    `----

    http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...ng-police-hack

    UK holds Microsoft security talks

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "UK officials are talking to Microsoft over fears the new version of
    | Windows could make it harder for police to read suspects' computer files."
    `----

    Data Protection Commissioner criticizes search of private PCs online

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "In the case of a search via the Internet a police officer covertly,
    | without the person knowing about it, accesses a person's computer."
    | During such an operation he or she might copy data and obtain all
    | kinds of personal documents; the police officer was acting as a "state
    | hacker," so to speak. Mr. Schaar observed. "Such an approach is in
    | conflict with the legal obligation to protect the core of
    | individuals' privacy," Mr. Schaar stated emphatically.
    `----

    Could Hollywood hack your PC?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Congress is about to consider an entertainment industry proposal
    | that would authorize copyright holders to disable PCs used for
    | illicit file trading.
    `----

    http://news.com.com/2100-1023-945923.html

    German Supreme Court Deems Police Hacking Illegal

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...337932,00.html

    Data Protection Commissioner criticizes search of private PCs online

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "In the case of a search via the Internet a police officer covertly,
    | without the person knowing about it, accesses a person's computer."
    | During such an operation he or she might copy data and obtain all
    | kinds of personal documents; the police officer was acting as a "state
    | hacker," so to speak. Mr. Schaar observed. "Such an approach is in
    | conflict with the legal obligation to protect the core of
    | individuals' privacy," Mr. Schaar stated emphatically.
    `----

    United States Government Online Watchdogs? Part of the war on terror?

    | Is there anyone in the abandonia community with a US based connection who is
    | experiencing this watchdog behavior? Are any foreign Vista users experiencing
    | similar attacks from their own countries ministries and governing agencies?" Â*
    `----

    http://www.whitedust.net/news/3984/U...on_terror?.../

    FBI ducks questions about its remotely installed spyware

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There are plenty of unanswered questions about the FBI spyware that, as we
    | reported earlier this week, can be delivered over the Internet and implanted Â*
    | in a suspect's computer remotely.
    `----

    http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9747666-7.html

    Yahoo!, Microsoft ink web pact with Chinese government

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft and Yahoo! have signed a pact with the Chinese government
    | that "encourages" the big name web players to record the identities of
    | bloggers and censor content. So says Reporters Without Borders, an
    | organization that fights for journalistic rights across the globe. Â*
    `----

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08...blogging_pact/

    Microsoft, Yahoo Tailor Ads To Users' Behavior

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Google will remain on the sidelines — at least for now. But its Web portal
    | rivals are stepping up their efforts to use behavioral targeting to make
    | display, or banner, ads more relevant to Web site visitors. Â*
    `----

    http://investors.com/editorial/IBDAr...issue=20070823

    India’s Cops Get Orwellian

    `----

    http://indiauncut.com/iublog/article...get-orwellian/

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Gas, brake, honk! Honk, honk, punch! Gas, gas!
    15:00:04 up 19 days, 2:09, 4 users, load average: 1.65, 1.90, 1.84