Torvalds minions and the Linux fanatic .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Torvalds minions and the Linux fanatic .. - Linux ; On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:20:49 +0200, Anonymous wrote: >> We all know Linux Is Perfect - why doesn't >> the rest of the world? > > Nobody but you ever said anything like that at all. Seems to be ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Torvalds minions and the Linux fanatic ..

  1. Re: Torvalds minions and the Linux fanatic ..

    On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:20:49 +0200, Anonymous wrote:

    >> We all know Linux Is Perfect - why doesn't
    >> the rest of the world?

    >
    > Nobody but you ever said anything like that at all.


    Seems to be the POS troll's favorite lie, lately.


  2. Re: Torvalds minions and the Linux fanatic ..

    On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:49:13 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>>> They must be getting desperate ...

    >>
    >>> uh huh ..

    >>
    >> SCO .. SCO .. SCO .. SCO .. SCO .. SCO .. SCO .. SCO .. SCO .. SCO ..

    >
    >
    >
    >
    > A desperate MS Corporation would be filing patent infringement suits
    > against all the big vendors, and maybe against individuals (much like
    > the RIAA does to students), not entering into agreements to enhance
    > interop between Win and Lin servers.


    .... and then the other big patent holders would file against microsoft.

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Torvalds minions and the Linux fanatic ..

    DFS wrote:

    > Anonymous wrote:
    > > DFS wrote:

    >
    > >> We all know Linux Is Perfect - why doesn't
    > >> the rest of the world?

    > >
    > > Nobody but you ever said anything like that at all.

    >
    >
    > What?


    What part of "nobody but you ever said anything like that at all" are
    you struggling with Wintard?






  4. Re: Torvalds minions and the Linux fanatic ..

    Anonymous Sender wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Anonymous wrote:
    >> > DFS wrote:

    >>
    >> >> We all know Linux Is Perfect - why doesn't
    >> >> the rest of the world?
    >> >
    >> > Nobody but you ever said anything like that at all.

    >>
    >>
    >> What?

    >
    > What part of "nobody but you ever said anything like that at all" are
    > you struggling with Wintard?


    Well, that is not /completely/ right. Hadron Quark said so as well. But as
    Hadron Quark always sides with scum like DFS (in order to support their
    idiotic claims), that does count as yet another post from DFS then
    --
    Law of Probable Dispersal:
    Whatever it is that hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.


  5. Re: Torvalds minions and the Linux fanatic ..


    "Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer" wrote in
    message news:47c96637803d76d46a683cda1c398d33@remailer.cyb eriade.it...
    > amicus_curious wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> "Doug Mentohl" wrote in message
    >> news:fd0ree$lda$2@news.datemas.de...
    >> > amicus_curious wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> Not so clear as to who "they" are. Any hints?
    >> >
    >> > You and the vast army of paid Astro.Turfers haunting the Blogo.Sphere
    >> > ..

    >>
    >> It seems as if you attibute any disparaging word or even a mild question
    >> in
    >> regard to Linux and/or OSS in general as being "paid for", presumably by

    >
    > It doesn't "seem" like anything of the sort leghumpper, it's the
    > incessant ****wittery of you and your species that's being questioned.
    >
    > If I were you I'd go with paid astroturfing. It's a whole lot less
    > embarrassing than admitting you're really so mentally defective you
    > behave the way you do. At least being compensated gives you a facade of
    > credibility.
    >
    >> Microsoft. Why would you think that this is the case?

    >
    > Because it's hard for intelligent people to comprehend such an
    > abhorrent lack of common sense and reason sometimes. They're looking
    > for a way to rationalize you imbecility.
    >
    > Personally, I believe you when you say you really are just plain old
    > stump stupid.
    >

    You seem so incredibly smug. Are your really secure in the knowledge that
    aping decades old Unix operating system functions and utilities is a
    superior strategy than constantly seeking improvements that are commercially
    viable? I think it is you who are taking the barren viewpoint. Look at
    your strategy:

    1. Postulate that the world's most intelligent software innovators will be
    delighted to continue to give away their brain children to a horde of
    arrogant fools who see that as their due. "We will test and test and tell
    you what is wrong with your code so that you can make it better!" is their
    offer of equitable treatment in exchange for the continued largesse from the
    developers.

    2. Demand that the commercial companies follow some existing standard so
    that anything that they do come up with can be easily cloned and or absorbed
    into the open source networks. If the commercial stuff ever works better,
    claim that the very fact is prima facie evidence of anticompetitive behavior
    and call it "lock-in".

    I would call yours a lost cause. The facts of the matter are that Linux has
    about a 10% overall usage share of the server market and a very small, not
    measurable share of the desktop. The advocates make a lot of noise, but it
    is hard to see that as any sort of useful advantage.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2