Re: Intel vs. the OLPC (It's like Bambi vs Godzilla) - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Intel vs. the OLPC (It's like Bambi vs Godzilla) - Linux ; In article , oh great wrote: > I don't like your comments and I don't like your style... you come across > like a stupid snob and that's probably what you are. He's just a Windows troll. (To be fair, ...

  1. Re: Intel vs. the OLPC (It's like Bambi vs Godzilla)

    In article <47f58424$1@newsgate.x-privat.org>, oh great wrote:
    > I don't like your comments and I don't like your style... you come across
    > like a stupid snob and that's probably what you are.

    He's just a Windows troll. (To be fair, there are Linux trolls as well.)

    I use Linux because it does the best job for me at the lowest cost. If
    someone else wants to use Windows it's no skin off my nose. I just wish
    these guys would keep their crap in the *.advocacy groups instead of
    polluting others with their constant back-and-forth bickering. (Most
    of us come here looking for technical information or assistance with
    specific problems and have to wade through all of this garbage.)

    (Newsgroups line trimmed to eliminate groups not available on my
    local news server.)

    --
    Roger Blake
    (Subtract 10s for email.)

  2. Re: Intel vs. the OLPC (It's like Bambi vs Godzilla)

    On 2008-04-06, Roger Blake wrote:
    > In article <47f58424$1@newsgate.x-privat.org>, oh great wrote:
    >> I don't like your comments and I don't like your style... you come across
    >> like a stupid snob and that's probably what you are.

    > He's just a Windows troll. (To be fair, there are Linux trolls as well.)

    I used Linux since 1995 and was almost elected Troll of the Year in
    1996 (the election was disrupted by some powerful USENET kooks).

  3. Re: Intel vs. the OLPC (It's like Bambi vs Godzilla)

    In article , Ignoramus16353 wrote:
    > I used Linux since 1995 and was almost elected Troll of the Year in
    > 1996 (the election was disrupted by some powerful USENET kooks).

    I've been killfiling the obvious kooks like "Moshe" whatever-name-he's-using,
    etc. Trouble is they ultimately change sock puppets and pop up again. (I don't
    read the advocacy groups, just get the spillover.)

    I've been working in the computer industry for over 30 years and find
    that Windows and Linux both have sucky aspects to them, but overall
    for what I do Linux sucks less than Windows. But if the hardware
    were readily accessible I'd just as soon be running TOPS-20.

    My $0.02 worth...

    --
    Roger Blake
    (Subtract 10s for email.)

  4. Re: Intel vs. the OLPC (It's like Bambi vs Godzilla)

    On 06 Apr 2008 21:09:45 GMT, Roger Blake wrote:

    > I've been working in the computer industry for over 30 years and find
    > that Windows and Linux both have sucky aspects to them, but overall
    > for what I do Linux sucks less than Windows. But if the hardware
    > were readily accessible I'd just as soon be running TOPS-20.

    Another Unix green screen fossil.
    I thought all you guys were extinct by now?

    > My $0.02 worth...

    It isn't even worth that.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb