[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked' - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked' - Linux ; Windows Vista Source Code - Image http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

  1. [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

    Windows Vista Source Code - Image

    http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

    On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 15:44:20 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Windows Vista Source Code - Image
    >
    > http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg


    Wow, you've just discovered a 13 year old joke, and in your typical
    narcissistic and self-absorbed fasion assume that because it's new to you,
    it must be new.

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Windows Vista Source Code - Image
    >
    > http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg


    That's about right...

    I just spent my Sunday morning trying to clear out a rogue Malware agent
    from my Wifes XP based desktop. What a joke windows is. Before I got down
    to the nitty gritty... the computer would start playing a clip from a song
    and then the noise of a crowd cheer... and then silence. It's hard to
    believe that businesses try to make a living on these machines....

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'


    "Erik Funkenbusch" wrote in message
    news:eoj8rocfe44h.dlg@funkenbusch.com...
    > On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 15:44:20 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Windows Vista Source Code - Image
    >>
    >> http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg

    >
    > Wow, you've just discovered a 13 year old joke, and in your typical
    > narcissistic and self-absorbed fasion assume that because it's new to you,
    > it must be new.



    > Wow, you've just discovered a 13 year old joke


    That's because Roy Schestowitz has the mentality of a 13 year old.

    And he's a joke - as in a laughing stock. See the thread where 'Microsoft
    caused the US government to suspect IBM contracts' for details.




    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

    Jerry McBride writes:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Windows Vista Source Code - Image
    >>
    >> http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg

    >
    > That's about right...
    >
    > I just spent my Sunday morning trying to clear out a rogue Malware agent
    > from my Wifes XP based desktop. What a joke windows is. Before I got down
    > to the nitty gritty... the computer would start playing a clip from a song
    > and then the noise of a crowd cheer... and then silence. It's hard to
    > believe that businesses try to make a living on these machines....


    And I have spent the whole day trying to figure out why I cant play DVDs
    anymore in VLC, Kaffeine or mplayer using Debian.

    Your point is?

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'


    "Jerry McBride" wrote in message
    news:urenc5xgs7.ln2@supertux.my.domain...
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Windows Vista Source Code - Image
    >>
    >> http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg

    >
    > That's about right...
    >
    > I just spent my Sunday morning trying to clear out a rogue Malware agent
    > from my Wifes XP based desktop. What a joke windows is. Before I got down
    > to the nitty gritty... the computer would start playing a clip from a song
    > and then the noise of a crowd cheer... and then silence. It's hard to
    > believe that businesses try to make a living on these machines....


    So what excuse do you have why she doesn't run linux on her laptop?

    That's right... it's everybody else should be running linux. Yet it seems
    that you, Liarnut, Koalmann and the rest of the losers can't even manage to
    persuade your own family to use linux. Same applies to Linus Torvalds who
    said that his parents and sister use Windows and Mac.


    > --
    >
    > Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)




    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


  7. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

    On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 13:55:33 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Erik Funkenbusch" wrote in message
    > news:eoj8rocfe44h.dlg@funkenbusch.com...
    >> On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 15:44:20 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Windows Vista Source Code - Image
    >>>
    >>> http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg

    >>
    >> Wow, you've just discovered a 13 year old joke, and in your typical
    >> narcissistic and self-absorbed fasion assume that because it's new to you,
    >> it must be new.

    >
    >
    >> Wow, you've just discovered a 13 year old joke

    >
    > That's because Roy Schestowitz has the mentality of a 13 year old.
    >
    > And he's a joke - as in a laughing stock. See the thread where 'Microsoft
    > caused the US government to suspect IBM contracts' for details.


    Schestowitz is obviously flaming out because he is getting desperate for
    material.

    I'll bet his masters are not happy with his output these days.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

    On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 13:46:00 -0400, Jerry McBride wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Windows Vista Source Code - Image
    >>
    >> http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg

    >
    > That's about right...
    >
    > I just spent my Sunday morning trying to clear out a rogue Malware agent
    > from my Wifes XP based desktop.


    Sounds like your wife has paid a visit to www.schestowitz.com and got
    infected by that trojan Roy Schestowitz was hosting there and refused to
    remove.

    Too bad...


    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'


  10. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'


  11. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

    On 2008-04-06, Erik Funkenbusch claimed:
    > On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 15:44:20 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Windows Vista Source Code - Image
    >>
    >> http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg

    >
    > Wow, you've just discovered a 13 year old joke, and in your typical
    > narcissistic and self-absorbed fasion assume that because it's new to you,
    > it must be new.


    Wow, those grapes must be a lot more sour than usual to set you off,
    like a petulent child, about a joke you don't find funny.

    Have some more grapes, Erik:

    http://tinyurl.com/5lqvrz

    --
    Only mediocre people are always at their best.

  12. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

    * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 15:44:20 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Windows Vista Source Code - Image
    >>
    >> http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg

    >
    > Wow, you've just discovered a 13 year old joke, and in your typical
    > narcissistic and self-absorbed fasion assume that because it's new to you,
    > it must be new.


    So why couldn't you just let it go, then?

    --
    Bill Gates is a very rich man today ... and do you want to know why? The answer
    is one word: versions.
    -- Dave Barry

  13. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

    * Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On 2008-04-06, Erik Funkenbusch claimed:
    >> On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 15:44:20 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Windows Vista Source Code - Image
    >>>
    >>> http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg

    >>
    >> Wow, you've just discovered a 13 year old joke, and in your typical
    >> narcissistic and self-absorbed fasion assume that because it's new to you,
    >> it must be new.

    >
    > Wow, those grapes must be a lot more sour than usual to set you off,
    > like a petulent child, about a joke you don't find funny.
    >
    > Have some more grapes, Erik:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/5lqvrz


    I see this little gem is still around, after years:

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...se-a-dial.aspx

    22-Mar-08 04:11:01

    When I try to compose a new email I get a message that pops up and
    says... "A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." What is this
    refering to? How do I close this "dialog box" because I do not see
    any box to close...

    With an MVP (Most Vociferous Person?) to tell 'im:

    We cannot see your screen from here so it is hard to say.

    Anyway; Tools-> Options produces a dialog box which has to be closed
    before you can do anything. Another dialog box that has to be closed
    before you can do anything is when prompted for a password in
    Outlook.

    Windows Logo key+M minimizes everything and shows the Desktop, press
    Outlook on the Task Bar and usually any open dialog boxes will reveal
    itself.

    That's some user interface MS Outlook still has.

    --
    I'm a great believer that any tool that enhances communication has profound
    effects in terms of how people can learn from each other, and how they can
    achieve the kind of freedoms that they're interested in.
    -- Bill Gates

  14. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'


    > Same applies to Linus Torvalds
    > who said that his parents and sister use Windows and Mac.
    >


    So his family is stupid? You are and you're allowed to live!

  15. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

    On 2008-04-07, Linonut claimed:
    > * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 15:44:20 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Windows Vista Source Code - Image
    >>>
    >>> http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg

    >>
    >> Wow, you've just discovered a 13 year old joke, and in your typical
    >> narcissistic and self-absorbed fasion assume that because it's new to you,
    >> it must be new.

    >
    > So why couldn't you just let it go, then?


    Erik's getting pissy at anything Roy posts. If he can't find anything
    to argue about, or to accuse Roy of lying, he has tantrums over small
    things. Such as above.

    --
    You will cease issuing ultimatums, or else.

  16. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Windows Vista Source Code - Image
    >
    > http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg



    My brother, lacking intelligence, bought two new Dell laptops (I like Dell!)
    The stupid part was that he went for Vista instead of XP, as XP would have
    cost him EXTRA. Extra for an OLD OS? How desperate are they pushing
    Vista???

    Amazingly, games the children like, don't work.

    Dual Core Intel Duo 1GB RAM, and it still runs like ****. There's no
    excuse, and no explanation. Awful, just awful.

  17. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

    On 2008-04-07, Linonut claimed:
    > * Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On 2008-04-06, Erik Funkenbusch claimed:
    >>> On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 15:44:20 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Windows Vista Source Code - Image
    >>>>
    >>>> http://i29.tinypic.com/10gidzr.jpg
    >>>
    >>> Wow, you've just discovered a 13 year old joke, and in your typical
    >>> narcissistic and self-absorbed fasion assume that because it's new to you,
    >>> it must be new.

    >>
    >> Wow, those grapes must be a lot more sour than usual to set you off,
    >> like a petulent child, about a joke you don't find funny.
    >>
    >> Have some more grapes, Erik:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/5lqvrz

    >
    > I see this little gem is still around, after years:
    >
    > http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...se-a-dial.aspx
    >
    > 22-Mar-08 04:11:01
    >
    > When I try to compose a new email I get a message that pops up and
    > says... "A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." What is this
    > refering to? How do I close this "dialog box" because I do not see
    > any box to close...
    >
    > With an MVP (Most Vociferous Person?) to tell 'im:
    >
    > We cannot see your screen from here so it is hard to say.
    >
    > Anyway; Tools-> Options produces a dialog box which has to be closed
    > before you can do anything. Another dialog box that has to be closed
    > before you can do anything is when prompted for a password in
    > Outlook.
    >
    > Windows Logo key+M minimizes everything and shows the Desktop, press
    > Outlook on the Task Bar and usually any open dialog boxes will reveal
    > itself.
    >
    > That's some user interface MS Outlook still has.


    The fact that it's survived so long is a genuine testament to that
    "consistency" the Windummies preach about. Too bad it's one of the few
    areas that have been consistent. Other than an overall, unsettling
    crapiness, that is. That, and the same 30-year-old "humor" the brainy
    Windolts try to convey ("We cannot see your screen from here..." ha ha
    ha ha).

    --
    I do more work all day than some people do before 5 AM.

  18. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    >Wow,


    Poor Fuddie. Still hurting from your recent spankings, Fuddie?


+ Reply to Thread