[News] Amarok Beats iTunes, Features-wise - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Amarok Beats iTunes, Features-wise - Linux ; [Sarcasm] Why I Really Hate Linux: Substitute Applications ,----[ Quote ] | Kidding aside (I know I'm 3 days late), Amarok seriously does have all these | features. In addition, I'm running 4 scripts (911tabs, Tag Clouds, BPM Calc, | ...

  1. [News] Amarok Beats iTunes, Features-wise

    [Sarcasm] Why I Really Hate Linux: Substitute Applications

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Kidding aside (I know I'm 3 days late), Amarok seriously does have all these
    | features. In addition, I'm running 4 scripts (911tabs, Tag Clouds, BPM Calc,
    | and amaKode), and it still takes up less RAM than iTunes did on Windows.
    | Plus, it has support for dynamic and static playlists like iTunes, along with
    | a tagging system. Everything in it is very tightly integrated, as well.
    `----

    http://distrogue.blogspot.com/2008/0...ubstitute.html

    Related:

    Get your groove on with Amarok

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | So, you got the new iPod that you wanted for Christmas, but you're
    | no fan of iTunes. No problem -- you can cast off your iTunes chains
    | and manage your music entirely with Linux using Amarok. Amarok
    | gives you everything you need to manage your music, from playing
    | to burning music CDs to managing your portable music player.
    `----

    Linux Audio Players, Tested and Graded

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | KDE users have it easy: Amarok is slick enough to crow about in a
    | room full of iTunes or Windows Media Player users.
    `----

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,12...x/article.html

    Tech Preview 'Kutie' of Amarok 2

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Amarok's very own my-wolf-eats-bugs department reports the immediate
    | availability of the first Technology Preview of Amarok 2!
    `----

    http://amarok.kde.org/en/node/391

  2. Re: [News] Amarok Beats iTunes, Features-wise

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > [Sarcasm] Why I Really Hate Linux: Substitute Applications
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Kidding aside (I know I'm 3 days late), Amarok seriously does have all
    > these
    > | features. In addition, I'm running 4 scripts (911tabs, Tag Clouds, BPM
    > Calc,
    > | and amaKode), and it still takes up less RAM than iTunes did on Windows.
    > | Plus, it has support for dynamic and static playlists like iTunes, along
    > with
    > | a tagging system. Everything in it is very tightly integrated, as well.
    > `----
    >
    > http://distrogue.blogspot.com/2008/0...ubstitute.html

    Well it's certainly just about "the features" - Who cares if a craplication
    like "Amarok" is unstable, ugly and confusing to use. iTunes simply works
    great and is used by millions and millions of people around the world.
    Amarok is some hackware that tries to cram everything including the kitchen
    sink into a undecipherable mess.

  3. Re: [News] Amarok Beats iTunes, Features-wise

    On 2008-04-05, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> [Sarcasm] Why I Really Hate Linux: Substitute Applications
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Kidding aside (I know I'm 3 days late), Amarok seriously does have all
    >> these
    >> | features. In addition, I'm running 4 scripts (911tabs, Tag Clouds, BPM
    >> Calc,
    >> | and amaKode), and it still takes up less RAM than iTunes did on Windows.
    >> | Plus, it has support for dynamic and static playlists like iTunes, along
    >> with
    >> | a tagging system. Everything in it is very tightly integrated, as well.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://distrogue.blogspot.com/2008/0...ubstitute.html

    > Well it's certainly just about "the features" - Who cares if a craplication
    > like "Amarok" is unstable, ugly and confusing to use. iTunes simply works

    ...you will have to be a bit more precise than that.

    Vague rhetoric is not a rebuttal.

    --
    If you think that an 80G disk can hold HUNDRENDS of |||
    hours of DV video then you obviously haven't used iMovie either. / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

+ Reply to Thread