Re: [News] Windows Vista Makes a Case for GNU/Linux, Practically Requires 2GB+ of RAM - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Windows Vista Makes a Case for GNU/Linux, Practically Requires 2GB+ of RAM - Linux ; "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message news:2381628.YOclWLq47Z@schestowitz.com... >A Business Case for Linux? (Laptops Marketed and Sold as Microsoft Vista >Ready) > > ,----[ Quote ] > | My question is why are these companies (like Acer, Dell and others) > selling ...

  1. Re: [News] Windows Vista Makes a Case for GNU/Linux, Practically Requires 2GB+ of RAM

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >A Business Case for Linux? (Laptops Marketed and Sold as Microsoft Vista
    >Ready)
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | My question is why are these companies (like Acer, Dell and others)
    > selling
    > | these memory anemic systems with Vista pre-loaded? It seems to me to be
    > | misleading to sell a laptop with Microsoft Vista and less than 2GB of
    > RAM
    > | when everyone I know personally in the personal computing technical
    > community
    > | seems to agree that 2GB is really the minimum RAM one needs to have a
    > good
    > | experience with Microsoft's Vista.
    > `----
    >
    > http://blog.eracc.com/2008/04/03/a-b...t-vista-ready/

    Well if the anonymous blogger named "Gene" says so then it must be true.
    Obviously there's no need for CTO's and CIO's anymore. People should just do
    whatever "Gene" says is best.

    > My computer at home still has just 0.25GB of RAM. It runs KDE 3.5 like a
    > champ.

    Quit your spamming and get your lazy ass out there and work for a living.
    Maybe one day you'll be able to afford more than a 600 Mhz Pentium with 256
    Megs.

  2. Re: [News] Windows Vista Makes a Case for GNU/Linux, Practically Requires 2GB+ of RAM

    On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 09:32:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>A Business Case for Linux? (Laptops Marketed and Sold as Microsoft Vista
    >>Ready)
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| My question is why are these companies (like Acer, Dell and others)
    >> selling
    >>| these memory anemic systems with Vista pre-loaded? It seems to me to be
    >>| misleading to sell a laptop with Microsoft Vista and less than 2GB of
    >> RAM
    >>| when everyone I know personally in the personal computing technical
    >> community
    >>| seems to agree that 2GB is really the minimum RAM one needs to have a
    >> good
    >>| experience with Microsoft's Vista.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://blog.eracc.com/2008/04/03/a-b...t-vista-ready/

    > Well if the anonymous blogger named "Gene" says so then it must be true.
    > Obviously there's no need for CTO's and CIO's anymore. People should just do
    > whatever "Gene" says is best.
    >

    >> My computer at home still has just 0.25GB of RAM. It runs KDE 3.5 like a
    >> champ.

    > Quit your spamming and get your lazy ass out there and work for a living.
    > Maybe one day you'll be able to afford more than a 600 Mhz Pentium with 256
    > Megs.

    Roy Schestowitz is scraping the bottom of the barrel these days.
    His posts are becoming more bizarre by the day and his lack of proof for
    his insane claims is becoming more apparent.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Windows Vista Makes a Case for GNU/Linux, Practically Requires 2GB+ of RAM

    "Moshe Goldfarb" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 09:32:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>>A Business Case for Linux? (Laptops Marketed and Sold as Microsoft Vista
    >>>Ready)
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> selling
    >>> RAM
    >>> community
    >>> good
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://blog.eracc.com/2008/04/03/a-b...t-vista-ready/

    >> Well if the anonymous blogger named "Gene" says so then it must be true.
    >> Obviously there's no need for CTO's and CIO's anymore. People should just
    >> do
    >> whatever "Gene" says is best.
    >>

    >>> My computer at home still has just 0.25GB of RAM. It runs KDE 3.5 like a
    >>> champ.

    >> Quit your spamming and get your lazy ass out there and work for a living.
    >> Maybe one day you'll be able to afford more than a 600 Mhz Pentium with
    >> 256
    >> Megs.

    > Roy Schestowitz is scraping the bottom of the barrel these days.
    > His posts are becoming more bizarre by the day and his lack of proof for
    > his insane claims is becoming more apparent.

    It's really sad how a loser like Roy Schestowitz devotes his entire life to
    finding obscure blog entries from anonymous bloggers and then twist the
    titles and post them here as if it were some sort of "News". Clearly
    Schestowitz has become some mentally deranged that he can't tell the
    difference between a real verifiable "News" story and what some guy named
    "Booger" posts in some anonymous blog.

    > --
    > Moshe Goldfarb
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: [News] Windows Vista Makes a Case for GNU/Linux, Practically Requires 2GB+ of RAM

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 09:32:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>>A Business Case for Linux? (Laptops Marketed and Sold as Microsoft Vista
    >>>Ready)
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> selling
    >>> RAM
    >>> community
    >>> good
    >>> `----

    http://blog.eracc.com/2008/04/03/a-b...t-vista-ready/

    >> Well if the anonymous blogger named "Gene" says so then it must be true.
    >> Obviously there's no need for CTO's and CIO's anymore. People should just
    >> do whatever "Gene" says is best.
    >>

    >>> My computer at home still has just 0.25GB of RAM. It runs KDE 3.5 like a
    >>> champ.

    >> Quit your spamming and get your lazy ass out there and work for a living.
    >> Maybe one day you'll be able to afford more than a 600 Mhz Pentium with
    >> 256 Megs.

    > Roy Schestowitz is scraping the bottom of the barrel these days.
    > His posts are becoming more bizarre by the day and his lack of proof for
    > his insane claims is becoming more apparent.

    So? Ignore him. Stop losing sleep over what Roy posts. No one listens to
    your bull**** anyways. Don't you feel like you're wasting your time? Or is
    MickeyMouse got you on its payroll?

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    How to get help at Microsoft Support ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C2SIZ5qsSQ

  5. Re: [News] Windows Vista Makes a Case for GNU/Linux, PracticallyRequires 2GB+ of RAM

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 11:43:35 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > Clearly
    > Schestowitz has become some mentally deranged

    Ah yes. Here come the ad hominem attacks.

    Goodbye

    *plonk*

  6. Re: [News] Windows Vista Makes a Case for GNU/Linux, Practically Requires 2GB+ of RAM

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 22:16:59 GMT, alt wrote:

    > On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 11:43:35 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> Clearly
    >> Schestowitz has become some mentally deranged

    > Ah yes. Here come the ad hominem attacks.
    >
    > Goodbye
    >
    > *plonk*

    Go ahead and bury your head in the sand Donovan.
    Maybe someday you boobs will figure out that Schestowitz has fooled the
    entire lot of ya'll.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: [News] Windows Vista Makes a Case for GNU/Linux, Practically Requires 2GB+ of RAM

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups

  8. Re: [News] Windows Vista Makes a Case for GNU/Linux, Practically Requires 2GB+ of RAM

    Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (aka: Gary Stewart)

    Traits:

    Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups

  9. Re: [News] Windows Vista Makes a Case for GNU/Linux, Practically Requires 2GB+ of RAM

    "alt" schreef in bericht
    newsan.2008.04.05.22.16.35@lazyeyez.net...
    > On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 11:43:35 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> Clearly
    >> Schestowitz has become some mentally deranged

    > Ah yes. Here come the ad hominem attacks.
    >
    > Goodbye
    >
    > *plonk*

    That's about the 5 th time you plonked Ezekiel.
    Alt-L00n, is this you?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9GI4SR87NI
    --
    Killfile the NetKKKop, NetK00k, NetL00n, "alt" !

+ Reply to Thread