[News] Preview of DreamLinux 3.0 Final, Life Without Windows (IBM VP) - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Preview of DreamLinux 3.0 Final, Life Without Windows (IBM VP) - Linux ; ReviewLinux.Com: DreamLinux 3.0 in action ,----[ Quote ] | Quick tour of the latest DreamLinux 3.0 Linux OS. Check out the short flash | video of DreamLinux 3.0 in action `---- http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=9926 Life after Windows, Day 24 ,----[ Quote ] ...

  1. [News] Preview of DreamLinux 3.0 Final, Life Without Windows (IBM VP)

    `----

    http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=9926

    Life after Windows, Day 24

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Not much to report of late on my experience after giving up Windows XP cold
    | turkey. I’m using the IBM Open Client for Linux on Red Hat RHEL 5.1 and it
    | all pretty much works. I haven’t used Windows at all for any reason in over
    | three weeks, though I’ve been tempted to go back as a tourist and reminisce.
    `----

    http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=2186

    Days ago:

    Dreamlinux 3.0 Released

    http://www.dreamlinux.com.br/

    Recent:

    Dreamlinux 3.0 Beta 3 Testdrive

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I know many of you dream of a Linux distribution that combines Mac OS X's
    | looks with Linux's power. Now, that dream becomes reality with Dreamlinux, a
    | distribution that has under the hood Debian components and pleases the eye of
    | the user with Mac-ish eye candy. Dreamlinux is a Brazilian distribution that
    | can boot directly into XFCE or GNOME, depending on the user's preferences. * *
    `----

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Dream...ve-78943.shtml

    Related:

    DreamLinux Live CD Review

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In the end, I have to say that I highly recommend this distro. Based on good
    | old Debian, you will find software, hardware and life in general work really
    | well with DreamLinux. If you are tired of the same old Linux distributions
    | and want to try something with a unique feel, consider this distro. I did,
    | and I have to say, I'm going to dedicate a machine to it so I can watch it
    | grow. * *
    `----

    http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=7992

    Review: DreamLinux 2.2 Multimedia GL Edition

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I can't recommend DreamLinux to the average user, but only because the
    | average user couldn't care less about multimedia production. DreamLinux is a
    | great distro, with a rock-solid Debian base and a great app selection. *
    | Behold, my new rating system! Artwork and Community are now worth half a
    | point each in the final score.
    `----

    http://distrogue.blogspot.com/2007/0...imedia-gl.html

    Dreamlinux offers new multimedia edition

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Dreamlinux project, a Brazilian distribution based on Debian, Knoppix,
    | and Morphix, today announced the release of a Multimedia GL edition of
    | Dreamlinux 2.2. *
    `----

    Dreamlinux 2.2 RC3 Screenshot Tour

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Dreamlinux Team is pleased to announce the availability of the
    | Release Candidate 3 of the 2.2 Multimedia GL edition.
    `----

    http://osdir.com/Article9838.phtml

    Dream Linux - truely a linux dream

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There are some minor glitches in the distribution, but overall DreamLinux is
    | a really good distribution. I have burnt 10 CDs to distribute to friends and
    | recommend to to grab your own iso from the site and enjoy linux. *
    `----

    http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/0...nux-dream.html

    Dreamlinux 2.2 RC1 Multimedia GL

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Hitting the web a few days ago was the first release candidate for
    | the multimedia GL edition of Dreamlinux 2.2. This new release is
    | built against the Debian testing repository, the multimedia plugins
    | and codecs have been updated, and this release also includes Beryl
    | 0.2 final. This release does also include the latest proprietary
    | drivers from NVIDIA and ATI.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=679&num=1

    Review of Dreamlinux 2.2 Media Edition (sort of)

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | An odd distro that no one ever seems to discuss which looks good (at
    | face value). Something which claims to be a "media edition" is surely
    | worth my time while I continue my quest to find the most usable Linux
    | distro of 2007. Unfortunately things didn't go to plan...
    `----

    http://www.seopher.com/articles/revi...ition_sort_of_

    Review: Dreamlinux 2.2

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | When it comes to choosing a Linux distribution, people tend to stick
    | with the major players, such as Ubuntu, SUSE, or Fedora. However,
    | every once in a while a distro comes along that offers a look at
    | Linux in a new and fun way. One such distribution is Dreamlinux,
    | a Morphix-based implementation of Linux that can be run from a
    | single CD or installed on a hard drive. Dreamlinux 2.2 aims to
    | offer a full range of desktop applications while providing a
    | wealth of multimedia tools for easy production of
    | professional-grade media.
    `----

    Dreamlinux 2.2

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Dreamlinux is one of the lesser known distributions, and certainly
    | does not appear in the headlines with the same frequency as Ubuntu
    | or openSUSE. However, it seems to have been ticking along nicely,
    | with the 1.0 release about a year ago. Today, we're looking at
    | DreamLinux 2.2, based on Debian with bits borrowed from Morphix.
    `----

    http://www.free-bees.co.uk/articles/dreamlinux22/

    DREAMLINUX : Not Quiet a Dream but still Good

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Speed Wise DreamLinux works like a charm being based on less resource
    | hungry XFCE . Though i had some problem installing DreamLinux onto
    | harddisk but overall DreamLinux is really good Linux Distro for
    | someone new to Linux with a old hardware it works really well for
    | playing Audio/Video files and surfing the internet and being based
    | on XFCE and stable Debian platform is another plus. Overall you
    | could give this distro a try it might not be a Ideal Dream OS but
    | still is quiet functional and since can work as a LIVE CD mode so
    | you should have no problem trying it out.
    `----

    http://linuxondesktop.blogspot.com/2...nux-based.html

    Dreamlinux 2.2 MME -- when dreams come true

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Dreamlinux is a fine distribution for a desktop multimedia center.
    | It can already be a good competitor for other multimedia-centered
    | distros like dyne:bolic or the Ubuntu clones like Linux Mint or
    | Ubuntu Multimedia Center. If you are an experienced Linux user,
    | Dreamlinux probably won?t offer you any extra value. But you may
    | still consider recommending it for your non-geek friends that care
    | for stability and great multimedia support out-of-the-box.
    `----

    http://polishlinux.org/reviews/dream...ams-come-true/

    Dreamlinux Multimedia Edition 2.2 -- Things just keep getting better in
    Brazil

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I am honestly pleased to give this package a 5 Pennie review, simply
    | in the fact that I love the look, the functionality and the way
    | they went about getting what any newbie would want into an easy to
    | use Live CD, quick installer, ease of access to proprietary
    | packages and functional desktop that is easy to use and a joy
    | to work with.
    `----

    http://knolinux.com/2007/01/04/dream...in-brazil.aspx

  2. Re: [News] Preview of DreamLinux 3.0 Final, Life Without Windows (IBM VP)

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > Life after Windows, Day 24
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Not much to report of late on my experience after giving up Windows XP
    > cold
    > | turkey. I'm using the IBM Open Client for Linux on Red Hat RHEL 5.1 and
    > it
    > | all pretty much works. I haven't used Windows at all for any reason in
    > over
    > | three weeks, though I've been tempted to go back as a tourist and
    > reminisce.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=2186

    This has not been my only computing environment since I made this change, I
    have a desktop Mac that I use that for non-business things during the day.
    If I could only use one desktop environment, it would certainly be OS X on
    the Mac, no question, and not by a small amount. That includes Linux but
    especially Windows.