iTunes now #1 music retailer - surpassing Walmart - Linux

  1. iTunes now #1 music retailer - surpassing Walmart

    Although Walmart was mostly in-store sales and iTunes has always been
    electronic downloads.

    You heard it here first!

  2. Re: Linux radio now #1 music facility on the Internet

    Micoshaft Fraudster Ezekiel Goldfart Fish Flatly wrote on behalf of half
    wits at Micoshaft Corporation:

    > Although Walmart was mostly in-store sales and iTunes has always been
    > electronic downloads.
    >
    > You heard it here first!

    And you heard it wrong.

    Linux users have 10,000+ International radio stations.
    Run up streamtuner on a virtual box Ubuntu install say
    and you can hear uninterrupted music all day.
    If you install streamripper etc. you can record it as well
    if you want.
    And then since its on a virtual PC, you can carry it around
    with you wherever you go and play it on any Linux desktop.
    A 16Gb flash disk only about 45 pounds at www.ebuyer.com.

    http://www.ubuntu.com
    http://www.virtualbox.org

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  3. Re: iTunes now #1 music retailer - surpassing Walmart

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:50:46 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > Although Walmart was mostly in-store sales and iTunes has always been
    > electronic downloads.
    >
    > You heard it here first!

    Even if true, so what?

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Linux radio now #1 music facility on the Internet

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:57:32 GMT, 7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft Fraudster Ezekiel Goldfart Fish Flatly wrote on behalf of half
    > wits at Micoshaft Corporation:
    >
    >> Although Walmart was mostly in-store sales and iTunes has always been
    >> electronic downloads.
    >>
    >> You heard it here first!

    > And you heard it wrong.

    Off your meds again Joseph Michael?

    > Linux users have 10,000+ International radio stations.
    > Run up streamtuner on a virtual box Ubuntu install say
    > and you can hear uninterrupted music all day.

    Huh?
    Virtual box?
    You just lost your audience.

    > If you install streamripper etc. you can record it as well
    > if you want.

    Why would I want to record inferior compressed audio?

    > And then since its on a virtual PC, you can carry it around
    > with you wherever you go and play it on any Linux desktop.
    > A 16Gb flash disk only about 45 pounds at www.ebuyer.com.

    Why?

    > http://www.ubuntu.com
    > http://www.virtualbox.org
    >
    > http://www.livecdlist.com
    > http://www.distrowatch.com

    And 10 years and 10,000 google searches to make them work.
    Linux is great if your time has no value.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: iTunes now #1 music retailer - surpassing Walmart

    "Rick" wrote in message
    newsr6dnTqarIQ1ymjanZ2dnUVZ_v3inZ2d@supernews.com...
    > On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:50:46 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> Although Walmart was mostly in-store sales and iTunes has always been
    >> electronic downloads.
    >>
    >> You heard it here first!

    > Even if true, so what?

    I forgot, my mistake. Linux users have zero interested in iTunes since they
    don't actually /buy/ music. You prefer to steal/pirate/illegally-download
    music because it's free and you don't believe in existing copyright laws.

    > --
    > Rick

  6. Re: Ezekiel lies.

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:59:00 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > newsr6dnTqarIQ1ymjanZ2dnUVZ_v3inZ2d@supernews.com...
    >> On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:50:46 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> Although Walmart was mostly in-store sales and iTunes has always been
    >>> electronic downloads.
    >>>
    >>> You heard it here first!

    >> Even if true, so what?

    > I forgot, my mistake. Linux users have zero interested in iTunes since
    > they don't actually /buy/ music. You prefer to
    > steal/pirate/illegally-download music because it's free and you don't
    > believe in existing copyright laws.

    So, "Ezekiel", you prove yourself a liar. I do have an iTunes account. I
    do pay for music from the iTunes Music store. I will be checking to see
    if they have it at Amazon first from now on.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: iTunes now #1 music retailer - surpassing Walmart

    On 2008-04-04, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > newsr6dnTqarIQ1ymjanZ2dnUVZ_v3inZ2d@supernews.com...
    >> On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:50:46 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> Although Walmart was mostly in-store sales and iTunes has always been
    >>> electronic downloads.
    >>>
    >>> You heard it here first!

    >> Even if true, so what?

    > I forgot, my mistake. Linux users have zero interested in iTunes since they
    > don't actually /buy/ music. You prefer to steal/pirate/illegally-download
    > music because it's free and you don't believe in existing copyright laws.

    Why bother with music? Walmart has initiated the sale of $5 movies.

    Don't like Walmart? Then go to Target and Best Buy for the same
    price point. Free markets are nifty that way.

    I was on my way to the CD aisle but I got distracted by the cheap
    copy of "A Fistful of Dollars"...

    --
    If you think that an 80G disk can hold HUNDRENDS of |||
    hours of DV video then you obviously haven't used iMovie either. / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

+ Reply to Thread