EU investigating OOXML vote - Linux

This is a discussion on EU investigating OOXML vote - Linux ; "The EU is investigating Microsoft's handling of the OOXML vote, in which Microsoft's problem-ridden format was approved by the ISO, CNET reports. In an ongoing investigation, the EU checked in with several European countries where there were allegations of irregularities. ...

  1. EU investigating OOXML vote

    "The EU is investigating Microsoft's handling of the OOXML vote, in
    which Microsoft's problem-ridden format was approved by the ISO, CNET
    reports.

    In an ongoing investigation, the EU checked in with several European
    countries where there were allegations of irregularities. "

    [...]

    http://government.zdnet.com/?p=3745

    -RFH

  2. Re: EU investigating OOXML vote

    On Apr 3, 11:55 am, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:

    > There is a lot of evidence and there will be big embarrassing fines.

    The appropriate measure, better than any pocket-change fine, would be
    to declare the vote null and void.

    -Ramon

  3. Re: EU investigating OOXML vote

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht
    > ____/ Ramon F Herrera on Thursday 03 April 2008 16:47 : \____
    >
    >> "The EU is investigating Microsoft's handling of the OOXML vote, in
    >> which Microsoft's problem-ridden format was approved by the ISO, CNET
    >> reports.
    >>
    >> In an ongoing investigation, the EU checked in with several European
    >> countries where there were allegations of irregularities. "
    >>
    >> [...]
    >>
    >> http://government.zdnet.com/?p=3745
    >>
    >> -RFH

    > There is a lot of evidence and there will be big embarrassing fines.

    It's very sore to lose, huh! I can feel your pain, Roy!
    As you know EU has no authority about how ISO reaches a decision.
    No way back Roy, as always you betted the wrong horse, you whining cry baby!
    Your masters who pay you spamming usenet and digg, might not be pleased.
    --
    PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: EU investigating OOXML vote

    some idiot forging chrisv wrote:

    >It's very sore

    I bet it is, stupid forger. Next time make sure Hadron lubes-up.

  5. Re: EU investigating OOXML vote

    Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > "The EU is investigating Microsoft's handling of the OOXML vote, in
    > which Microsoft's problem-ridden format was approved by the ISO, CNET
    > reports.
    >
    > In an ongoing investigation, the EU checked in with several European
    > countries where there were allegations of irregularities. "
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > http://government.zdnet.com/?p=3745

    .... and no matter what happens, nothing effective will happen to Microsoft.

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: EU investigating OOXML vote

    Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > On Apr 3, 11:55 am, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:
    >
    >> There is a lot of evidence and there will be big embarrassing fines.

    > The appropriate measure, better than any pocket-change fine, would be
    > to declare the vote null and void.

    Yes, it would. Why should OOXML be fast tracked anyway?

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: EU investigating OOXML vote

    On Apr 3, 4:06 pm, Rick wrote:
    > Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > > "The EU is investigating Microsoft's handling of the OOXML vote, in
    > > which Microsoft's problem-ridden format was approved by the ISO, CNET
    > > reports.

    > > In an ongoing investigation, the EU checked in with several European
    > > countries where there were allegations of irregularities. "

    > > [...]

    > >http://government.zdnet.com/?p=3745

    > ... and no matter what happens, nothing effective will happen to Microsoft.

    Many effective things are have been happening to Microsoft. Only a
    blind -by nature or by choice- observer would miss them.

    -Ramon

  8. Re: EU investigating OOXML vote

    Are you ready to get yourself ****ed?

    --
    chrisv: I am stupid, I do realize. Still my master Peter Kohlmann loves me

  9. Re: EU investigating OOXML vote

    ____/ Rick on Thursday 03 April 2008 21:07 : \____

    > Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >> On Apr 3, 11:55 am, Roy Schestowitz
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> There is a lot of evidence and there will be big embarrassing fines.

    >> The appropriate measure, better than any pocket-change fine, would be
    >> to declare the vote null and void.
    >>

    > Yes, it would. Why should OOXML be fast tracked anyway?

    There is a two-month appeal period. Microsoft and ECMA deliberately celebrated
    and deceived the press prematurely, in order to change perceptions. Remember
    that ISO is all about perceptions. It's about getting contracts.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Judging the success of GNU/Linux only by Desktop usage is like judging a prime
    minister based on a pissing contest.