Google making major layoffs - Linux

This is a discussion on Google making major layoffs - Linux ; http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...ce=yahoo_quote Google to lay off a quarter of DoubleClick By Yi-Wyn Yen Google is making its first major layoffs by cutting employees across the board from DoubleClick, its newly acquired ad serving company. -- Posted via a free Usenet account ...

  1. Google making major layoffs

    http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...ce=yahoo_quote

    Google to lay off a quarter of DoubleClick
    By Yi-Wyn Yen

    Google is making its first major layoffs by cutting employees across the
    board from DoubleClick, its newly acquired ad serving company.

  2. Re: Google making major layoffs

    On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 09:26:09 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...ce=yahoo_quote
    >
    > Google to lay off a quarter of DoubleClick
    > By Yi-Wyn Yen
    >
    > Google is making its first major layoffs by cutting employees across the
    > board from DoubleClick, its newly acquired ad serving company.

    Well now we know why those executives were jumping ship last week.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Google making major layoffs

    "Moshe Goldfarb" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 09:26:09 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...ce=yahoo_quote
    >>
    >> Google to lay off a quarter of DoubleClick
    >> By Yi-Wyn Yen
    >>
    >> Google is making its first major layoffs by cutting employees across the
    >> board from DoubleClick, its newly acquired ad serving company.

    > Well now we know why those executives were jumping ship last week.

    Maybe some of them will be willing to testify in an antitrust trial!

    "Together, DoubleClick and Google commanded 70% of the ad server market
    share in January."

  4. fuddie: what were you saying again about misleading posts ..

    On 3 Apr, 15:43, "amicus_curious" wrote:

    fake headline "Google making major layoffs Options"

    "Google (GOOG) confirmed a New York Times report that about 300 people
    will be laid off"

    > Maybe some of them will be willing to testify in an antitrust trial!

    "the company has 16,805 full-time employees (as of December 31, 2007)"

    That's 300 out of 16,805, fuddie ..

    http://www.google.com/press/pressrel/revenues_q407.html

  5. Re:Doug Mentohl - Too stupid to read

    "Doug Mentohl" wrote in message
    > On 3 Apr, 15:43, "amicus_curious" wrote:
    >
    > fake headline "Google making major layoffs Options"
    >
    > "Google (GOOG) confirmed a New York Times report that about 300 people
    > will be laid off"
    >
    >> Maybe some of them will be willing to testify in an antitrust trial!

    > "the company has 16,805 full-time employees (as of December 31, 2007)"
    >
    > That's 300 out of 16,805, fuddie ..
    >
    > http://www.google.com/press/pressrel/revenues_q407.html

    Read the opening sentence of the article retard.

    http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...ce=yahoo_quote

    --- "Google is making its first major layoffs by cutting employees across
    the board from DoubleClick, its newly acquired ad serving company."

    Did you notice the part where it says "MAJOR LAYOFFS" ****wit?

  6. Re: Re:Doug Mentohl - Too stupid to read

    "Ezekiel" wrote in message

    > "Doug Mentohl" wrote in message
    >> On 3 Apr, 15:43, "amicus_curious" wrote:
    >>
    >> fake headline "Google making major layoffs Options"
    >>
    >> "Google (GOOG) confirmed a New York Times report that about 300 people
    >> will be laid off"
    >>
    >>> Maybe some of them will be willing to testify in an antitrust trial!

    >> "the company has 16,805 full-time employees (as of December 31, 2007)"
    >>
    >> That's 300 out of 16,805, fuddie ..
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/press/pressrel/revenues_q407.html
    >>

    > Read the opening sentence of the article retard.
    >
    > http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...ce=yahoo_quote
    >
    > --- "Google is making its first major layoffs by cutting employees across
    > the board from DoubleClick, its newly acquired ad serving company."
    >
    > Did you notice the part where it says "MAJOR LAYOFFS" ****wit?

    Well if you are one of the 300, it is more major than if you are not. I,
    for one, am not part of that number.

  7. Re: fuddie: what were you saying again about misleading posts ..

    "Doug Mentohl" wrote in message
    > On 3 Apr, 15:43, "amicus_curious" wrote:
    >
    > fake headline "Google making major layoffs Options"

    But not MY headline. As to truth of the matter, the 300 being laid off
    consider it major as did the article cited, but not by me.

    > "Google (GOOG) confirmed a New York Times report that about 300 people
    > will be laid off"
    >
    >> Maybe some of them will be willing to testify in an antitrust trial!

    I was merely pointing out that GOOG enjoys a monopoly in its limited
    marketing segments similar to the scope of Microsoft's in its arena. The
    DOJ made it a practice to seek out those ex-employees of IBM and other
    computer related companies whose ox had been gored by Mr. Softee to testify
    as to the "facts" of Microsoft's business dealings, so maybe these folk
    would be a good place to look for dirt on Google.

    > "the company has 16,805 full-time employees (as of December 31, 2007)"
    >
    > That's 300 out of 16,805, fuddie ..

    Or 16, 505 more recently, eh?

    > http://www.google.com/press/pressrel/revenues_q407.html

  8. Re: Google making major layoffs

    Micoshaft Fraudster Ezekiel Goldfart Fish Flatly wrote on behalf of half
    wits at Micoshaft Corporation:

    > http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/04/02

    google-to-lay-off-a-quarter-of-doubleclick/?source=yahoo_quote

    > Google to lay off a quarter of DoubleClick
    > By Yi-Wyn Yen
    >
    > Google is making its first major layoffs by cutting employees across the
    > board from DoubleClick, its newly acquired ad serving company.

    Because they are windummies and no longer required in an open source
    friendly company?

    The final insult to windummies hiding everywhere are being delivered through
    the market place it seems.

    If I bought a company like that, I know I have no choice but to let the
    windummies go quickly before they wreck the company infrastructure with
    their unproductive windmmific solutions. Linux solutions are cheaper and
    quicker to deploy, particularly servers in server farms.

+ Reply to Thread