[News] HDDVD Loss Claiming Its Toll (Microsoft and Sales for Losses)? - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] HDDVD Loss Claiming Its Toll (Microsoft and Sales for Losses)? - Linux ; Blu-ray Xbox 360 to be sold at a loss? ,----[ Quote ] | The source claimed that this price hike will force Microsoft to sell the | console at a loss, because consumers will be unwilling to pay the premium ...

  1. [News] HDDVD Loss Claiming Its Toll (Microsoft and Sales for Losses)?

    Blu-ray Xbox 360 to be sold at a loss?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The source claimed that this price hike will force Microsoft to sell the
    | console at a loss, because consumers will be unwilling to pay the premium for
    | a Blu-ray Xbox 360 – which could see them turn to the PS3 instead.
    `----

    http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/04...t_track_sales/

    Recent:

    PS3 tops Xbox 360 again; Microsoft cites shortages

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Nintendo's Wii led by a wide margin in U.S. video-game console unit sales in
    | February, followed by the Sony's PlayStation 3, according to data released by
    | the NPD Group this afternoon. Microsoft's Xbox 360 came in third among
    | current-generation consoles for the second straight month. Here are the
    | numbers that NPD released: * *
    |
    | Nintendo Wii: 432,000
    | PlayStation 2: 352,000
    | PlayStation 3: 281,000
    | Xbox 360: 255,000
    `----

    http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss

    Raikes and Other Exits

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It's weird that Mini and all the commenters here have failed to notice the
    | mass exodus from the Xbox team in 2007. By my count, more than 15% of the
    | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    | product team (dev/PM/test) have left Microsoft for Apple, Sony, Google,
    | Yahoo, MySpace, Amazon, and various other companies (including several
    | startups, local and in the Valley). * *
    `----

    http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2008/01...her-exits.html

    Microsoft Admits ALL Xbox360's Are Defective

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Though Robbie Bach, head of Microsoft's Xbox360 Division refused to elaborate
    | on the issue, the general consensus is that it's one of botched thermal
    | design management and inadequate dissipation of heat leading to component
    | failure.
    `----

    http://www.fastsilicon.com/latest-ne...html?Itemid=60

    Loot: Redmond, We Have a Problem, Or, What's Wrong With the Xbox 360

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | At this point, Former becomes impassioned. That's not fair, he says;
    | we always saw this as a long-term venture. To which we reply that we
    | were talking about the original Xbox, and while other divisions of
    | the company throw off more profits in a single quarter than the
    | entire $5 billion or so lost in the home and entertainment division
    | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
    | to date, the fact remains that, as we take-our-word-for-it predicted,
    | the Xbox group has been spectacularly unprofitable for Microsoft.
    | Hence, our heretofore unpublished Vietnam analogy. The rest of the
    | night is a blur, but we digress.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | The worst case scenario for Microsoft, then, is one in which the Xbox
    | 360's bid for the mass market is blocked by the Wii for the next two to
    | three years, at which point the aging and underpowered Wii gives way
    | to a cheaper-than-it-is-now PS3 with a selection of AAA titles that's
    | far wider than what the PS3 has at the moment; new installments of
    | Playstation's own popular and casual-leaning games; and a slew of
    | new franchises from Sony's much-larger studio operation.
    `----

    http://ncroal.talk.newsweek.com/default.asp?item=533168

  2. Re: [News] HDDVD Loss Claiming Its Toll (Microsoft and Sales for Losses)?

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Blu-ray Xbox 360 to be sold at a loss?
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | The source claimed that this price hike will force Microsoft to sell the
    > | console at a loss, because consumers will be unwilling to pay the
    > | premium for a Blu-ray Xbox 360 ? which could see them turn to the PS3
    > | instead.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/04...t_track_sales/

    Thats known as dumping and it is anti-trust issue that can be taken to the
    courts for by by all those companies whose sales are harmed by micoshaft
    corporation.

  3. Re: [News] HDDVD Loss Claiming Its Toll (Microsoft and Sales for Losses)?

    "7" wrote in message
    news:VF9Jj.1556$yD2.699@text.news.virginmedia.com. ..
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Blu-ray Xbox 360 to be sold at a loss?
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | The source claimed that this price hike will force Microsoft to sell
    >> the
    >> | console at a loss, because consumers will be unwilling to pay the
    >> | premium for a Blu-ray Xbox 360 ? which could see them turn to the PS3
    >> | instead.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/04...t_track_sales/

    > Thats known as dumping and it is anti-trust issue that can be taken to the
    > courts for by by all those companies whose sales are harmed by micoshaft
    > corporation.

    Idiot. Sony has been selling the PS3 at a HUGE loss since day #1. At least
    the XBox360 is currently making a profit and is being sold ABOVE cost.

    You are a retard Joseph Michael. Go play with your little robots and leave
    the grown ups alone.

  4. Re: [News] HDDVD Loss Claiming Its Toll (Microsoft and Sales for Losses)?

    In article ,
    7 wrote:
    > Thats known as dumping and it is anti-trust issue that can be taken to the
    > courts for by by all those companies whose sales are harmed by micoshaft
    > corporation.

    Nope. Maybe you should learn a bit about the relevant market before
    spouting off.

    --
    --Tim Smith

+ Reply to Thread