[News] Matrox Delivers New Linux SDK - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Matrox Delivers New Linux SDK - Linux ; Matrox Developer Products Now With Linux Software Development Kit ,----[ Quote ] | Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that a Linux Software | Development Kit (SDK) is now available for the Matrox DSX™ family of | developer products. Designed ...

  1. [News] Matrox Delivers New Linux SDK

    Matrox Developer Products Now With Linux Software Development Kit

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that a Linux Software
    | Development Kit (SDK) is now available for the Matrox DSX™ family of
    | developer products. Designed to enable rapid application development, the
    | Matrox DSX SDK for Linux provides a common API across the entire DSX family
    | of hardware components.
    `----

    http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=62521

    Recent:

    Asus launches Eee PC SDK

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | According to the user guide (PDF link), the SDK includes the following
    | components:
    |
    | * * * Xandros Desktop Open Circulation Version 4.5
    | * * * QT
    | * * * Eclipse
    | * * * QT plugin for Eclipse
    | * * * Debian packaging wizard developed by Xandros
    `----

    http://eeesite.net/2008/03/asus-laun...ee-pc-sdk.html

    First look: latest Google Android SDK a big improvement

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I tested several of the applications that come with the SDK, including the
    | mapping program, the contact book, and the web browser. I also tested the
    | experimental Google Talk chat integration feature. I was able to connect to
    | Google Talk and receive messages, which are displayed as items on the
    | notification panel. The performance and usability of the bundled applications
    | is pretty decent.
    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...provement.html

  2. Re: [News] Matrox Delivers New Linux SDK

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > Matrox Developer Products Now With Linux Software Development Kit
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Matrox Video Products Group today announced that a Linux Software
    > | Development Kit (SDK) is now available for the Matrox DSXT family of
    > | developer products. Designed to enable rapid application development,
    > the
    > | Matrox DSX SDK for Linux provides a common API across the entire DSX
    > family
    > | of hardware components.
    > `----

    Matrox.... are they still around? I thought they went out of business (or
    were acquired) years ago. With nVidia and ATI dominating the market Matrox
    must have what... about a 0.6% marketshare?

  3. Re: [News] Matrox Delivers New Linux SDK

    Micoshaft Fraudster Ezekiel Goldfart Fish flatly wrote on behalf of half
    wits at micoshaft corporation:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> Matrox Developer Products Now With Linux Software Development Kit
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Matrox Video Products Group today announced that a Linux Software
    >> | Development Kit (SDK) is now available for the Matrox DSXT family of
    >> | developer products. Designed to enable rapid application development,
    >> the
    >> | Matrox DSX SDK for Linux provides a common API across the entire DSX
    >> family
    >> | of hardware components.
    >> `----

    > Matrox.... are they still around? I thought they went out of business (or
    > were acquired) years ago. With nVidia and ATI dominating the market Matrox
    > must have what... about a 0.6% marketshare?

    Note thats 0.6% more market share than micoshaft's products have in
    the same market. Proof that Micoshaft is crap and Linux is better.

  4. Re: [News] Matrox Delivers New Linux SDK

    ____/ 7 on Thursday 03 April 2008 20:20 : \____

    > Micoshaft Fraudster Ezekiel Goldfart Fish flatly wrote on behalf of half
    > wits at micoshaft corporation:
    >

    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>> Matrox Developer Products Now With Linux Software Development Kit
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> the
    >>> family
    >>> `----

    >> Matrox.... are they still around? I thought they went out of business (or
    >> were acquired) years ago. With nVidia and ATI dominating the market Matrox
    >> must have what... about a 0.6% marketshare?

    > Note thats 0.6% more market share than micoshaft's products have in
    > the same market. Proof that Micoshaft is crap and Linux is better.

    It's not 0.6%. He's lying to you. Even Microsoft and its shill analysts know
    it's not true. Just yesterday from the news:

    World's Hottest Tech Markets Voted Against Microsoft OOXML

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Gartner estimates that the market share for desktop Linux is about 2% in the
    | Asia-Pacific region, 4.5% in Eastern Europe, and 4% in the Middle East and
    | Africa. By contrast, Linux holds 1.2% of the desktop market in the U.S.
    `----

    And Gartner uses _Microsoft figures_. The real figures are much higher, but
    it's interesting to find that Microsoft's clients cite almost 5% market share
    for Linux on the desktop in Europe.

    Please try to refrain from quoting or parroting the Munchkins' Big Lie. They
    try to discourge developers from supporting Linux using false perceptions.
    It's a propaganda technique. People used to think Enron too was mighty.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
    Tasks: 109 total, 1 running, 108 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  5. Re: [News] Matrox Delivers New Linux SDK

    > It's not 0.6%. He's lying to you. Even Microsoft and its shill analysts know
    > it's not true. Just yesterday from the news:
    >
    > http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=207001577

    Gartner estimates that the market share for desktop Linux is about 2%
    in the Asia-Pacific region, 4.5% in Eastern Europe, and 4% in the
    Middle East and Africa. By contrast, Linux holds 1.2% of the desktop
    market in the U.S.

    > And Gartner uses _Microsoft figures_.

    How about Microsoft words? Is "market share" a Microsoft word? Do they
    mean "usage" or "percentage of sales"?

    > Please try to refrain from quoting or parroting the Munchkins' Big Lie. They
    > try to discourge developers from supporting Linux using false perceptions.
    > It's a propaganda technique.

    Indeed.

    --
    When you want to do your homework, fill out your tax return, or see all the
    choices for a trip you want to take, you need a full-size screen.

  6. Re: [News] Matrox Delivers New Linux SDK

    > ____/ 7 on Thursday 03 April 2008 20:20 : \____
    >
    >> Micoshaft Fraudster Ezekiel Goldfart Fish flatly wrote on behalf of half
    >> wits at micoshaft corporation:
    >>

    >>> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >>> Matrox.... are they still around? I thought they went out of business
    >>> (or
    >>> were acquired) years ago. With nVidia and ATI dominating the market
    >>> Matrox
    >>> must have what... about a 0.6% marketshare?

    >> Note thats 0.6% more market share than micoshaft's products have in
    >> the same market. Proof that Micoshaft is crap and Linux is better.

    > It's not 0.6%. He's lying to you. Even Microsoft and its shill analysts
    > know
    > it's not true. Just yesterday from the news:

    Learn to read dumb****. I'm talking about Matrox, not linux you retard.

    And I think that 0.6% marketshare for Matrox is being quite generous.

    --- "ATI Technologies supplied the majority of standalone GPUs for desktop
    and mobile PCs - 56%, NVIDIA Corp. shipped 41% of discrete graphics chips,
    whereas the remaining 3% were shared by companies like 3Dlabs, Matrox
    Graphics, S3 Graphics, XGI and so on. Both leading suppliers of discrete
    GPUs sustained their market positions compared to the previous quarter."