Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system" - Linux

This is a discussion on Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system" - Linux ; DFS wrote: > http://eeepc.asus.com/us/news10192007.htm > > Let the sales begin. Check out Newegg's lines of Eee's for Windows and Linux: Newegg search for Eee and Linux: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...inux&x=15&y=35 Newegg search for Eee and Windows: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...indows&x=0&y=0...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

  1. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operatingsystem"

    DFS wrote:
    > http://eeepc.asus.com/us/news10192007.htm
    >
    > Let the sales begin.

    Check out Newegg's lines of Eee's for Windows and Linux:

    Newegg search for Eee and Linux:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...inux&x=15&y=35

    Newegg search for Eee and Windows:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...indows&x=0&y=0

  2. Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

  3. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operatingsystem"

    On Apr 2, 9:49 pm, Matt wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    > >http://eeepc.asus.com/us/news10192007.htm

    > > Let the sales begin.

    > Check out Newegg's lines of Eee's for Windows and Linux:
    >
    > Newegg search for Eee and Linux:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...NE&DEPA=0&Desc...
    >
    > Newegg search for Eee and Windows:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...NE&DEPA=0&Desc...

    Yeah, I got to wonder if Vista reaches it's full potential running on
    this hardware:
    Sunpentown WA-1220H 12,000btu Portable Heater With Air Conditioner

  4. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

    On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 00:06:16 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > http://eeepc.asus.com/us/news10192007.htm
    >
    > Let the sales begin.

    Looks like they have a Rex Ballard model in "blush pink" !!!
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

    * Matt peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > DFS wrote:
    >> http://eeepc.asus.com/us/news10192007.htm
    >>
    >> Let the sales begin.

    Why does DFS bring that up? That was October of last year, and there's
    still no buzz about Eee PCs with Windows.

    > Check out Newegg's lines of Eee's for Windows and Linux:
    >
    > Newegg search for Eee and Linux:
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...inux&x=15&y=35

    ASUS Eee PC 4G Surf - Pure White Intel processor 7" Wide VGA 512MB Memory 4GB HDD Integrated Graphics Eee PC - Retail

    * Battery Life: 2.8 hours
    * Color: White
    * CPU Type: Intel Mobile CPU
    * Graphics Card: Intel UMA
    * Model #: Eee PC 4G Surf - PW
    * Item #: N82E16834220260
    * Return Policy: Desktop PC, Notebook, and Tablet PC Return Policy

    Combo Special

    * Free 3 Business Day Shipping
    * Your Price:$349.99

    > Newegg search for Eee and Windows:
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...indows&x=0&y=0

    Sunpentown WA-1220H 12,000btu Portable Heater With Air Conditioner

    * Features: Stay COOL or WARM and breathe fresher air with our new ...
    * Specifications: Cooling Capacity: 12,000btu/hr Cooling Pwr Consumpt...
    * Type: Air Conditioners
    * Model #: WA-1220H
    * Item #: N82E16896100124
    * Return Policy: Limited Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy

    * Original Price: $479.99
    * You Save: $80.00
    * 3 Business Day Shipping $52.08
    * Your Price:$399.99

    Funny as hell.

    --
    The U.S. couldn't even get rid of Saddam Hussein. And we all know that the
    EU is just a passing fad. They'll be killing each other again in less than a

  6. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windowsoperating system"

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 00:06:16 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > http://eeepc.asus.com/us/news10192007.htm
    >
    > Let the sales begin.

    Ah yes, I can't wait to run vista on one.

  7. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    news:2J4Jj.26095$dT.18029@bignews1.bellsouth.net.. .

    > Funny as hell.

    Laugh as you must, but you better do it soon. The handwriting is on the
    wall.

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=1507

  8. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operatingsystem"

    Linonut wrote:
    > * Matt peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>> http://eeepc.asus.com/us/news10192007.htm
    >>>
    >>> Let the sales begin.

    > Why does DFS bring that up? That was October of last year, and there's
    > still no buzz about Eee PCs with Windows.
    >
    >> Check out Newegg's lines of Eee's for Windows and Linux:
    >>
    >> Newegg search for Eee and Linux:
    >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...inux&x=15&y=35

    > ASUS Eee PC 4G Surf - Pure White Intel processor 7" Wide VGA 512MB Memory 4GB HDD Integrated Graphics Eee PC - Retail
    >
    > * Battery Life: 2.8 hours
    > * Color: White
    > * CPU Type: Intel Mobile CPU
    > * Graphics Card: Intel UMA
    > * Model #: Eee PC 4G Surf - PW
    > * Item #: N82E16834220260
    > * Return Policy: Desktop PC, Notebook, and Tablet PC Return Policy
    >
    > Combo Special
    >
    > * Free 3 Business Day Shipping
    > * Your Price:$349.99
    >
    >> Newegg search for Eee and Windows:
    >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...indows&x=0&y=0

    > Sunpentown WA-1220H 12,000btu Portable Heater With Air Conditioner
    >
    > * Features: Stay COOL or WARM and breathe fresher air with our new ...
    > * Specifications: Cooling Capacity: 12,000btu/hr Cooling Pwr Consumpt...
    > * Type: Air Conditioners
    > * Model #: WA-1220H
    > * Item #: N82E16896100124
    > * Return Policy: Limited Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy
    >
    > * Original Price: $479.99
    > * You Save: $80.00
    > * 3 Business Day Shipping $52.08
    > * Your Price:$399.99

    When you include shipping costs, the Linux machine is $102.08 cheaper
    than the Window unit.

  9. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5...ml?tag=btxcsim

    ,----
    | However, the tests turned up some oddities in Linux that affected
    | usability. Users found the file system difficult to understand, despite
    | the Konqueror file manager, Relevantive said, and the OpenOffice.org
    | word processor was found difficult to use.
    `----

    Could Gregory and Rick please go and put these idiot users right please.

    But mocking aside, this was a good review for Linux.

    --
    If you are going to run a rinky-dink distro made by a couple of
    volunteers, why not run a rinky-dink distro made by a lot of volunteers?

  10. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

    No, they replaced with the Moshe model in ****stain brown.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them.

    Good to the last supper

  11. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:20:37 +0200, Hadron
    wrote:

    >http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5...ml?tag=btxcsim
    >

    >,----
    >| However, the tests turned up some oddities in Linux that affected
    >| usability. Users found the file system difficult to understand, despite
    >| the Konqueror file manager, Relevantive said, and the OpenOffice.org
    >| word processor was found difficult to use.
    >`----
    >
    >Could Gregory and Rick please go and put these idiot users right please.
    >
    >But mocking aside, this was a good review for Linux.

    How do you suppose Windows Vista would have done in a 3-way
    comparison?

    Charlie

  12. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

    Charlie Wilkes wrote:

    > How do you suppose Windows Vista would have done in a 3-way
    > comparison?

    Don't say "3-way". You'll bring back fond memories to Moshe, Hadron and
    D00Fus.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Pantone 666: The color of the Beast

    Good to the last supper

  13. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

    On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 20:02:47 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> Looks like they have a Rex Ballard model in "blush pink" !!!

    > No, they replaced with the Moshe model in ****stain brown.

    What is it with Linux advocates and their sick obsession with fecal matter?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  14. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

    "Moshe Goldfarb" wrote in message

    > What is it with Linux advocates and their sick obsession with fecal
    > matter?

    Isn't it obvious? They are Linux users - they are used to dealing with
    ****.

  15. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windowsoperating system"

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 22:21:34 -0400, Bob Campbell wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb" wrote in message
    >
    >> What is it with Linux advocates and their sick obsession with fecal
    >> matter?

    > Isn't it obvious? They are Linux users - they are used to dealing with
    > ****.

    .... and what is it you eat regularly?

    --
    Rick

  16. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

    Tattoo Vampire writes:

    > Charlie Wilkes wrote:
    >
    >> How do you suppose Windows Vista would have done in a 3-way
    >> comparison?

    > Don't say "3-way". You'll bring back fond memories to Moshe, Hadron and
    > D00Fus.

    So says quiff boy as he repeatedly ignores Marti's cross Atlantic calls

    "Distance means it can never be".

    --
    I was attacked by dselect as a small child and have since avoided
    debian.

  17. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Charlie Wilkes wrote:
    >
    >> How do you suppose Windows Vista would have done in a 3-way
    >> comparison?

    > Don't say "3-way". You'll bring back fond memories to Moshe, Hadron and
    > D00Fus.

    Damn, another keyboard.

    /.me makes note "Do not drink coffee while reading newsgroups".

    --
    Mandriva - 2008.1 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  18. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

    It's due to them swallowing Roy Schestowitz' ****.

    --
    http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    - Personalised Desktop Computers

  19. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

    "Dr.Hal0nf1r$" wrote in message
    > Dr.Hal0nf1r$ wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> What is it with Linux advocates and their sick obsession with fecal
    >>> matter?

    >> It's due to them swallowing Roy Schestowitz' ****.

    > When a Linux**** became manager of the local delivery depot of |Kentucky
    > Fried Chicken they had to recompile the Colnel before any of the drivers
    > would work.

    :-)

  20. Re: Asus: "pleased to offer the renowned Microsoft Windows operating system"

    "Dr.Hal0nf1r$" schreef in
    bericht news:h_-dnVhIGrVZvWvanZ2dnUVZ8uSdnZ2d@bt.com...
    > Dr.Hal0nf1r$ wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> What is it with Linux advocates and their sick obsession with fecal
    >>> matter?

    >> It's due to them swallowing Roy Schestowitz' ****.

    > When a Linux**** became manager of the local delivery depot of |Kentucky
    > Fried Chicken they had to recompile the Colnel before any of the drivers
    > would work.

    Are you talking about the lintard version of chrisv, perhaps?
    Rumours go that he's an "assistant shift manager" at a Burger King, not at
    Kentucky Fried Chicken.
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...risv-liar.html
    --
    Clogwog, resident yap-yap dog of alt.os.windows-xp & alt.os.windows-vista
    http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/yap-yap_dog.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast