Ubuntu Linux 8.04 final release set for April 24

,----[ Quote ]
| When they're released in final form on April 24, the new server and desktop
| variants of Ubuntu Linux Version 8.04 will include features aimed at making
| the open-source operating system easier to deploy and use.

First Impressions: Ubuntu 8.04 Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| It was pretty easy to make a judgment about 8.04–it’s a great step forward
| for Ubuntu and the distribution is looking better than ever. This is more or
| less what people say after each release, but it’s really impressive to see
| how far things have come over the past few generations. It’s still a beta so
| you should give it some time before moving it to a mission critical system,
| but once it is officially released Hardy Heron is going to be a great choice
| for both your desktop and notebook (with just a few customizations). If you
| haven’t tried Ubuntu, definitely give the live CD a shot and don’t be afraid
| to give it a go alongside a Windows installation if you simply can’t part
| ways with XP or Vista.

ufw ftw! Ubuntu 8.04’s uncomplicated firewall

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the exciting new features coming up in the impending release of the
| brand spanking new Ubuntu 8.04 is the uncomplicated firewall known as ufw.
| This system will allow straightforward configuration of firewall rules and
| will also intelligently integrate with the rest of Ubuntu. Here's all there
| is to know about driving it and why it's a good move by Ubuntu.

New Ubuntu 8.04 Beta Refines The Linux Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical, makers of the popular Ubuntu Linux, have released a beta of "Hardy
| Heron," the next version of Ubuntu.

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Hardy Heron Beta [Screenshots]

,----[ Quote ]
| There's just about a month left until Ubuntu 8.04 is officially introduced,
| but the second to the last testing release is now available. The Ubuntu 8.04
| beta came out last night and hardens up Hardy Heron on both the desktop and
| server ends for this first LTS (Long Term Support) release in nearly two
| years. The Canonical team and all involved free software projects have done a
| phenomenal job and Ubuntu 8.04 is shaping up to be their best release yet.
| Ubuntu 8.04 ships with many GNOME enhancements found in the recent 2.22
| release, PulseAudio integration, virtualization improvements, and it uses the
| Linux 2.6.24 kernel. * * * *

What to Expect from Ubuntu 8.04 LTS

,----[ Quote ]
| Every two years, Canonical prepares an LTS (Long Term Support) release of one
| of the best desktop Linux distributions available today. Actually, this is
| the second LTS edition of Ubuntu, the first one was 6.06 (Dapper Drake),
| released on June 1, 2006. * *

Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ubuntu developers are moving very quickly to bring you the absolute
| latest and greatest software the Open Source Community has to offer...

Hardy Heron Beta

Ubuntu gets SELinux

,----[ Quote ]
| It's official: SELinux is now available in the Ubuntu development ("Hardy
| Heron") distribution. "This is the result of the amazing work of the
| ubuntu-security and ubuntu-hardened teams, as well as the huge contributions
| from the folks at Tresys. (note: SELinux will not be the default, but is
| available as a security option.)" Installing it is a simple apt operation. * *

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Alpha 4 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| It's arriving a day late, but this evening Steve Langasek has announced the
| availability of Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Alpha 4. *

First look: Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) alpha 4

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 8.04 alpha 4 was officially released today and is now available for
| testing. This alpha offers an early look at some of the features that will be
| included in the final 8.04 release, which is scheduled for April. Codenamed
| Hardy Heron, Ubuntu 8.04 will be the second long-term support (LTS) release,
| which means that it will be supported on the desktop for three years and on
| the server for five years. * *

Hardy Heron Features

,----[ Quote ]