[OT] The malware villian - Linux

This is a discussion on [OT] The malware villian - Linux ; http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...form-security/ Will there be efforts to advertise spam, pop up ads, and spy on users in the future? Certainly, but those efforts will not delivered at firehouse pressures via the cheap, tacky Windows PCs that Bill Gates served up, where ...

  1. [OT] The malware villian

    http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...form-security/

    Will there be efforts to advertise spam, pop up ads, and spy on users
    in the future? Certainly, but those efforts will not delivered at
    firehouse pressures via the cheap, tacky Windows PCs that Bill Gates
    served up, where computers shipped right from the manufacturer with a
    poorly designed operating system full of weak holes, open ports, and
    ActiveX plugins that begging for exploitation, topped with bundled
    spyware from Microsoft itself and their prominent desktop real estate
    auctioned off to the highest bidder.

    . . .

    Microsoft's Malware Infatuation.

    While Microsoft chafes at Apple\u2019s advertising that touts Mac
    security and the reality that no viruses exist for its platform, the
    company is too indebted to its own efforts to:

    * auction off the rights to bundle malware created by approved
    partners in Windows,
    * benefit from the bundling of its own adware and spyware,
    * and profit from third party malware removal,

    that it will never be able to let go of its dysfunctional
    relationship with malware. Microsoft is joined at the hip to malware,
    and will dance with it into oblivion as its platform is abandoned by
    users sick of ads, tired of being spied upon, and irate that a
    significant percentage of their purchased hardware computing power is
    being eaten up by tools that exist to clean up the mess Microsoft
    allowed, then supported, and currently seeks to monopolize and
    rebrand as a legitimate business.

    Another screamer from Roughly Drafted.

    --
    He is divisive. He is manipulative. He is a user. He has taken much from me and
    the industry.

  2. Re: The malware villian

    Here's another quote:

    The disease pool of today's Windows PCs, including all those
    enterprise boxes that won't be upgrading to Vista anytime soon, will
    continue to breed a cheap and profitable malware industry that sends
    out spam, pops up ads, and tries to replicate itself into new botnet
    nodes. However, the real malware problem of the future won't be
    anchored in Microsoft's bad decisions of the past. Instead, it will be
    charted out by Microsoft's bad decisions of the present and
    unfortunately, it appears, the future.

  3. Re: The malware villian

    wrote in message
    > Here's another quote:
    >

    > The disease pool of today's Windows PCs, including all those
    > enterprise boxes that won't be upgrading to Vista anytime soon, will
    > continue to breed a cheap and profitable malware industry that sends
    > out spam, pops up ads, and tries to replicate itself into new botnet
    > nodes. However, the real malware problem of the future won't be
    > anchored in Microsoft's bad decisions of the past. Instead, it will be
    > charted out by Microsoft's bad decisions of the present and
    > unfortunately, it appears, the future.

    Smug as a bug in a rug! Can you imagine how horribly bad the market
    prospects would be for Microsoft competitors had Microsoft, as you seem to
    think they should have done, provided great technical decisions in the past,
    present, and future? There would be no room at all to complain and
    Microsoft would be as big or bigger for the effort. How lucky you are that
    they are so inept.

+ Reply to Thread