[News] Raves, Migrations to, and Small Business on Ubuntu GNU/Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Raves, Migrations to, and Small Business on Ubuntu GNU/Linux - Linux ; My first impressions of Ubuntu Hardy Heron (8.04) Beta ,----[ Quote ] | From the brief look I’ve had, Hardy Heron looks very promising. There are | plenty of changes to the architecture underneath the distro that bring it up ...

  1. [News] Raves, Migrations to, and Small Business on Ubuntu GNU/Linux

    My first impressions of Ubuntu Hardy Heron (8.04) Beta

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | From the brief look I’ve had, Hardy Heron looks very promising. There are
    | plenty of changes to the architecture underneath the distro that bring it up
    | to date with some of the developments in other distributions (PulseAudio, for
    | example), but the experience from the user’s point of view remains one of the
    | best and easiest of any Linux distribution available.
    `----

    http://fosswire.com/2008/04/01/my-fi...eron-804-beta/

    Farewell Windows, Hello Ubuntu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I have finally ridden Windows,
    | Out of my personal computer,
    | My source of countless sorrows,
    | Thou hath been year after year.
    `----

    http://epiphanous.lifeinborneo.com/?p=5

    Ryan Orsers’ Review of Ubuntu Hardy Heron (8.04)

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The machine somehow got faster when I installed Ubuntu Hardy Heron. (remember
    | I have used almost all Ubuntu versions except versions 4.10 - 5.10 and the
    | ones I have used before we almost as slow as Windows. Although that happened,
    | I am glad to have something a lot faster than Windows again. Thank you
    | Ubuntu.!
    `----

    http://ryanorser.com/?p=327

    Ubuntu on the Eee: Way Cool!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I’ve been using the computer with Ubuntu on it since Thursday or Friday
    | (today is Monday), and have even been using it for work today. I work for an
    | internet company, so we’re all about web applications and Outlook. I’m using
    | Thunderbird instead of Outlook, and that’s working just fine (though I have
    | to login to the webmail interface to get at my calendar). Firefox is just
    | Firefox, like on every other platform, and I’m having no issues there. Same
    | with OpenOffice…all working excellently.
    `----

    http://www.radparker.com/2008/03/ubu...-way-cool.html

    Small Business on Ubuntu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The business is Digital Printing Service. This small outlet serving consumer
    | in printing matter i.e photo printing (from digital camera and/or mobile
    | phone), business cards, invitation and other printing matters. The outlet
    | also selling pin, T-shirt and mug.
    `----

    http://opotumon.blogspot.com/2008/04...on-ubuntu.html

    Related:

    Survey Says … Linux Desktop Is Ever More Popular

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Okay, now lets tie this all back in together. Novell claimed several months
    | back in a video ad that Desktop Linux users accounted for upwards of
    | 30,000,000 different people. That's 30 million. Recent statements made by
    | some Novell representatives indicate that they expect there are upwards of
    | 50,000,000 Desktop Linux users. Microsoft has never contested the number of
    | Desktop Linux users, and if anything the deal Microsoft signed with Novell
    | was tacit agreement that Microsoft believed those numbers to be accurate.
    `----

    http://zerias.blogspot.com/2007/11/d...-vs-linux.html

    Linux Users Base More Than doubled Over Last One Year: Survey

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The number of Linux users has more than doubled over the last one year, says
    | a new survey by DesktopLinux.com. The survey also said Ubuntu remains their
    | Linux distribution of choice. *
    `----

    http://www.sda-india.com/sda_india/p...19940,p,0.html

    Survey: Desktop Linux use grows

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | DesktopLinux.com, which is a Web site devoted to, obviously, desktop Linux,
    | has finished a survey that found more than a doubling of Linux desktop users
    | in the past year. *
    `----

    http://weblog.infoworld.com/techwatc...es/013576.html

    Desktop Linux on the Rise, Linux Foundation Reports

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | For starters, almost 20,000 self-selected users filled out this year's survey
    | compared with fewer than 10,000 in 2006's survey.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | In those businesses and organizations that have deployed Linux desktops, 39.5
    | percent are running Linux on more than half of their machines.
    `----

    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759...119TX1K0000594

  2. Re: Raves, Migrations to, and Small Business on Ubuntu GNU/Linux

    > Farewell Windows, Hello Ubuntu
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | I have finally ridden Windows,
    > | Out of my personal computer,
    > | My source of countless sorrows,
    > | Thou hath been year after year.

    It's actually "thou hast". Apart from that, OK.

  3. Re: Raves, Migrations to, and Small Business on Ubuntu GNU/Linux

    On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:27:50 -0700 (PDT), nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    >> Farewell Windows, Hello Ubuntu
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| I have finally ridden Windows,
    >>| Out of my personal computer,
    >>| My source of countless sorrows,
    >>| Thou hath been year after year.

    > It's actually "thou hast". Apart from that, OK.

    I think I have to take a Ubuntu.
    Carry on without me for a while.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Raves, Migrations to, and Small Business on Ubuntu GNU/Linux

    Micoshaft Fraudster Moshe Goldfarb wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    > I think I have to take a Ubuntu.
    > Carry on without me for a while.

    "Hello" lied the flatfish.

    Is that a promise then goldfart?