[News] [SOT] Another "Everything But Vista" Story - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [SOT] Another "Everything But Vista" Story - Linux ; 25-year PC vet dumps Microsoft’s Windows for Apple Mac, finds ‘digital heaven’ ,----[ Quote ] | "For the last two weeks, I have been in computing heaven," Dave writes. After | his "Sony Vaio, running Windows Vista Business Edition, crashed ...

  1. [News] [SOT] Another "Everything But Vista" Story

    25-year PC vet dumps Microsoft’s Windows for Apple Mac, finds ‘digital heaven’

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "For the last two weeks, I have been in computing heaven," Dave writes. After
    | his "Sony Vaio, running Windows Vista Business Edition, crashed for the
    | umpteenth time," Dave's wife, "a computer engineer, overheard my
    | under-the-breath comments and suggested that I finally give up on Vista, as
    | it seemed to require more time to maintain that to productively use. She
    | suggested that I call Apple and order a MacBook; she was sure that they could
    | deliver it within a day."
    `----

    http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/16834/

    Related:

    Windows Vista: Sold but not deployed

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft says it remains happy with enterprise sales of Vista -- however,
    | the software behemoth acknowledges that many businesses which have bought
    | Vista licences are yet to deploy the software. *
    `----

    Nine burning questions about how Vista is really doing

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9021838
    http://tinyurl.com/2u6gzq

    | Financial Times Deutschland on Monday. *

    | Lenovo.

    `----

    http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/...SS&NewsID=9579

  2. Re: [News] [SOT] Another "Anything But Linux" Story

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > 25-year PC vet dumps Microsoft's Windows for Apple Mac, finds 'digital
    > heaven'
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | "For the last two weeks, I have been in computing heaven," Dave writes.
    > After
    > | his "Sony Vaio, running Windows Vista Business Edition, crashed for the
    > | umpteenth time," Dave's wife, "a computer engineer, overheard my
    > | under-the-breath comments and suggested that I finally give up on Vista,
    > as
    > | it seemed to require more time to maintain that to productively use. She
    > | suggested that I call Apple and order a MacBook; she was sure that they
    > could
    > | deliver it within a day."
    > `----
    >
    > http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/16834/

    So they used Windows. And are now using Mac OSX.

    And they NEVER bothered to even consider linux which is free. His wife is a
    "computer engineer" so the premise of 'but...but... but nobody knows about
    linux' certainly doesn't apply.

    Once again, consumers ignore linux.

  3. Re: [SOT] Another "Anything But Linux" Story

    On Apr 2, 7:43 am, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > > 25-year PC vet dumps Microsoft's Windows for Apple Mac, finds 'digital
    > > heaven'

    > > ,----[ Quote ]
    > > | "For the last two weeks, I have been in computing heaven," Dave writes.
    > > After
    > > | his "Sony Vaio, running Windows Vista Business Edition, crashed for the
    > > | umpteenth time," Dave's wife, "a computer engineer, overheard my
    > > | under-the-breath comments and suggested that I finally give up on Vista,
    > > as
    > > | it seemed to require more time to maintain that to productively use. She
    > > | suggested that I call Apple and order a MacBook; she was sure that they
    > > could
    > > | deliver it within a day."
    > > `----

    > >http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/16834/

    > So they used Windows. And are now using Mac OSX.
    >
    > And they NEVER bothered to even consider linux which is free. His wife is a
    > "computer engineer" so the premise of 'but...but... but nobody knows about
    > linux' certainly doesn't apply.
    >
    > Once again, consumers ignore linux.
    >
    > --

    Well, Ezek... er... Mosh...er ... flatfish, there is at least the
    consolation that when Apple takes over the market you'll be out of a
    job.

  4. Re: [SOT] Another "Anything But Linux" Story

    wrote in message
    > On Apr 2, 7:43 am, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >> > 25-year PC vet dumps Microsoft's Windows for Apple Mac, finds 'digital
    >> > heaven'

    >> > ,----[ Quote ]
    >> > writes.
    >> > After
    >> > the
    >> > Vista,
    >> > as
    >> > She
    >> > they
    >> > could
    >> > `----

    >> >http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/16834/

    >> So they used Windows. And are now using Mac OSX.
    >>
    >> And they NEVER bothered to even consider linux which is free. His wife is
    >> "computer engineer" so the premise of 'but...but... but nobody knows
    >> about
    >> linux' certainly doesn't apply.
    >>
    >> Once again, consumers ignore linux.
    >>
    >> --

    > Well, Ezek... er... Mosh...er ... flatfish, there is at least the
    > consolation that when Apple takes over the market you'll be out of a
    > job.

    At least I'm not unbathed and living in my moms basement the way most linux
    losers like you are.