ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company - Linux

This is a discussion on ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company - Linux ; http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080402/...1i2YPSJzQjtBAF Google exec to become EMI digital music president Wed Apr 2, 6:28 AM ET LONDON (Reuters) - Google Inc has lost another member of its executive team as Chief Information Officer Douglas Merrill is leaving to join music company ...

  1. ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080402/...1i2YPSJzQjtBAF

    Google exec to become EMI digital music president

    Wed Apr 2, 6:28 AM ET

    LONDON (Reuters) - Google Inc has lost another member of its executive team
    as Chief Information Officer Douglas Merrill is leaving to join music
    company EMI.

  2. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    Micoshaft Fraudster Ezekiel wrote on behalf of half wits at micoshaft
    corporation:

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080402/wr_nm

    google_emi_dc;_ylt=AhTfRPyzshpboI1i2YPSJzQjtBAF

    > Google exec to become EMI digital music president
    >
    > Wed Apr 2, 6:28 AM ET
    >
    > LONDON (Reuters) - Google Inc has lost another member of its executive
    > team as Chief Information Officer Douglas Merrill is leaving to join music
    > company EMI.

    So - take Note he didn't go to micoshaft corporation.
    Apparently the micoshaft brand name now stinks in the public domain.

  3. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    Ezekiel wrote:

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080402/...1i2YPSJzQjtBAF

    > Google exec to become EMI digital music president
    >
    > Wed Apr 2, 6:28 AM ET
    >
    > LONDON (Reuters) - Google Inc has lost another member of its executive
    > team as Chief Information Officer Douglas Merrill is leaving to join music
    > company EMI.

    Google are struggling? I expect they are now without a CIO. No, wait,
    haven't they appointed another in his place? No?

    Well, it's all over now isn't it. Time to alter my Firefox home page to MSN.

  4. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    In article ,
    7 wrote:
    > So - take Note he didn't go to micoshaft corporation.
    > Apparently the micoshaft brand name now stinks in the public domain.

    Google => Microsoft career moves are common.

    According to the data published at LinkedIn, Google employees are coming
    from:

    Microsoft
    IBM
    Sun
    Oracle
    Yahoo!

    and leaving Google for

    Yahoo!
    Microsoft
    Facebook
    Cisco
    YouTube

    The companies Google employees are most connected to are:

    Yahoo!
    Facebook
    YouTube
    Microsoft

    --
    --Tim Smith

  5. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    Appil Fraudster Tim Smith wrote on behalf of Appil Corporation:

    > In article ,
    > 7 wrote:
    >> So - take Note he didn't go to micoshaft corporation.
    >> Apparently the micoshaft brand name now stinks in the public domain.

    > Google => Microsoft career moves are common.

    Interesting - that guy must have forgotten to read the statistics.

    > According to the data published at LinkedIn, Google employees are coming
    > from:
    >
    > Microsoft
    > IBM
    > Sun
    > Oracle
    > Yahoo!
    >
    > and leaving Google for
    >
    > Yahoo!
    > Microsoft
    > Facebook
    > Cisco
    > YouTube
    >
    > The companies Google employees are most connected to are:
    >
    > Yahoo!
    > Facebook
    > YouTube
    > Microsoft

  6. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080402/...1i2YPSJzQjtBAF
    >>
    >> Google exec to become EMI digital music president
    >>
    >> Wed Apr 2, 6:28 AM ET
    >>
    >> LONDON (Reuters) - Google Inc has lost another member of its executive
    >> team as Chief Information Officer Douglas Merrill is leaving to join
    >> music
    >> company EMI.
    >>

    > Google are struggling? I expect they are now without a CIO. No, wait,
    > haven't they appointed another in his place? No?
    >

    > Well, it's all over now isn't it. Time to alter my Firefox home page to
    > MSN.

    At least MSN won't spy on you and record your every move the way Google
    does.

    Privacy Group Claims Google Has An "Entrenched Hostility to Privacy"

    http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/20...y_group_c.html

    Privacy International has come out with a report listing Google as the worst
    company on the web when it comes to protecting user privacy. Privacy
    International (PI) gave Google the dismay rating based on criteria like
    failing to provide an expunge option for retained data, failing to adhere to
    generally accepted privacy practices and failing to provide clear
    information on the length of time user data is retained.

  7. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    Ezekiel wrote:

    > "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >> Ezekiel wrote:

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080402/...1i2YPSJzQjtBAF

    >>> Google exec to become EMI digital music president
    >>>
    >>> Wed Apr 2, 6:28 AM ET
    >>>
    >>> LONDON (Reuters) - Google Inc has lost another member of its executive
    >>> team as Chief Information Officer Douglas Merrill is leaving to join
    >>> music
    >>> company EMI.
    >>>

    >> Google are struggling? I expect they are now without a CIO. No, wait,
    >> haven't they appointed another in his place? No?
    >>

    >> Well, it's all over now isn't it. Time to alter my Firefox home page to
    >> MSN.
    >>

    > At least MSN won't spy on you and record your every move the way Google
    > does.
    >

    > Privacy Group Claims Google Has An "Entrenched Hostility to Privacy"
    >
    > http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/20...y_group_c.html
    >
    > Privacy International has come out with a report listing Google as the
    > worst company on the web when it comes to protecting user privacy. Privacy
    > International (PI) gave Google the dismay rating based on criteria like
    > failing to provide an expunge option for retained data, failing to adhere
    > to generally accepted privacy practices and failing to provide clear
    > information on the length of time user data is retained.

    From the same article,

    However, it’s worth bearing in mind that many other companies are just as
    bad and possibly worse.

    Danny Sullivan over at Search Engine Land has a pointed critique of the PI
    report that offers a point by point analysis of PI’s claims about Google.

    Sullivan concludes that “overall, looking at just the performance of the
    best companies PI found shows that Google measures up well — and thus
    ranking it the worse simply doesn’t seem fair.”

    It begs the question, who can you trust?

    [Paranoid_Mode=ON]
    Just because MSN have not been caught out yet doesn't mean that they don't
    spy on you.
    [Paranoid_Mode=OFF]

    Heh, Heh!!

  8. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:32:31 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080402/wr_nm/

    google_emi_dc;_ylt=AhTfRPyzshpboI1i2YPSJzQjtBAF

    > Google exec to become EMI digital music president
    >
    > Wed Apr 2, 6:28 AM ET
    >
    > LONDON (Reuters) - Google Inc has lost another member of its executive
    > team as Chief Information Officer Douglas Merrill is leaving to join
    > music company EMI.

    What struggling company did he leave?

    --
    Rick

  9. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 07:21:54 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > Ask your clueless buddy Roy Schestowtiz. He seeems to think it's big news
    > every time some mid-level product manager at Microsoft changes jobs.

    Ain't that a pip?
    The guy who hasn't ever actually worked a day in his adult life, except as
    a PAID SPAMMER, Roy Schestowitz, seems to like to comment on other's career
    advancement skills.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  10. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 07:21:54 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >

    >> Ask your clueless buddy Roy Schestowtiz. He seeems to think it's big news
    >> every time some mid-level product manager at Microsoft changes jobs.

    > Ain't that a pip?
    > The guy who hasn't ever actually worked a day in his adult life, except as
    > a PAID SPAMMER, Roy Schestowitz, seems to like to comment on other's career
    > advancement skills.

    Really" He's never worked a day in his life? I guess by your criteria,
    then, you haven't either.

    --
    Rick

  11. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:56:28 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 07:21:54 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>

    >>> Ask your clueless buddy Roy Schestowtiz. He seeems to think it's big news
    >>> every time some mid-level product manager at Microsoft changes jobs.

    >> Ain't that a pip?
    >> The guy who hasn't ever actually worked a day in his adult life, except as
    >> a PAID SPAMMER, Roy Schestowitz, seems to like to comment on other's career
    >> advancement skills.
    >>

    > Really" He's never worked a day in his life? I guess by your criteria,
    > then, you haven't either.

    Sure I have.
    Adult = 21yo + Schestowitz has been in school, and in school and in school
    and in school......
    Read Roy's resume'.
    Ok, he worked at the University computer center.....
    Big deal...Someone has to add paper to the printers and change the toner.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 21:28:56 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:56:28 -0500, Rick wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> Ain't that a pip?
    >>> The guy who hasn't ever actually worked a day in his adult life,
    >>> except as a PAID SPAMMER, Roy Schestowitz, seems to like to comment on
    >>> other's career advancement skills.
    >>>

    >> Really" He's never worked a day in his life? I guess by your criteria,
    >> then, you haven't either.

    > Sure I have.
    > Adult = 21yo + Schestowitz has been in school, and in school and in
    > school and in school......
    > Read Roy's resume'.
    > Ok, he worked at the University computer center.....

    So, which is it? He worked or he didn't?

    > Big deal...Someone
    > has to add paper to the printers and change the toner.

    And how do you know what his duties were, or are ow?

    --
    Rick

  13. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 23:18:54 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 21:28:56 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> Really" He's never worked a day in his life? I guess by your criteria,
    >>> then, you haven't either.

    >> Sure I have.
    >> Adult = 21yo + Schestowitz has been in school, and in school and in
    >> school and in school......
    >> Read Roy's resume'.
    >> Ok, he worked at the University computer center.....

    > So, which is it? He worked or he didn't?

    Actually worked...IOW a REAL JOB....Not some student position to earn
    pocket change and help offset his parent's (God help them) tuition costs.

    >> Big deal...Someone
    >> has to add paper to the printers and change the toner.

    > And how do you know what his duties were, or are ow?

    Get real....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  14. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 14:25:36 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> So, which is it? He worked or he didn't?

    >> Actually worked...IOW a REAL JOB....Not some student position to earn
    >> pocket change and help offset his parent's (God help them) tuition costs.

    > So, which is it? He worked or he didn't? A job is a job.

    Stop splitting hairs Rick.
    I'm not going to get sucked into a semantic discussion with you.

    I'm sure Roy was a paperboy at some point in his life as well.

    I'm talking about a real job, and how it relates to the context of this
    group and what Roy spews here each day.

    IOW he has never worked professionally in this field.

    >>> And how do you know what his duties were, or are ow?

    >> Get real....
    >>

    > And how do you know what his duties were, or are now?

    I don't care.
    He's a professional student and nothing he has done, said, published or
    spammed leads me to believe otherwise.
    Some day he might have a real job and then he will learn how wrong he has
    been all these years.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    "Rick" stated in post
    YIidnXpQVOQ572vanZ2dnUVZ_qXinZ2d@supernews.com on 4/4/08 12:25 PM:

    >> Actually worked...IOW a REAL JOB....Not some student position to earn
    >> pocket change and help offset his parent's (God help them) tuition costs.

    > So, which is it? He worked or he didn't? A job is a job.

    Not all jobs are equal.

    --
    The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of
    limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and

  16. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 23:18:54 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >>> Sure I have.
    >>> Adult = 21yo + Schestowitz has been in school, and in school and in
    >>> school and in school......
    >>> Read Roy's resume'.
    >>> Ok, he worked at the University computer center.....

    >> So, which is it? He worked or he didn't?

    > Actually worked...IOW a REAL JOB....Not some student position to earn
    > pocket change and help offset his parent's (God help them) tuition costs.

    So, which is it? He worked or he didn't? A job is a job.

    >>> Big deal...Someone
    >>> has to add paper to the printers and change the toner.

    >> And how do you know what his duties were, or are ow?

    > Get real....

    And how do you know what his duties were, or are now?

    --
    Rick

  17. Re: ANOTHER senior Google exec flees struggling company

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 14:28:43 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 14:25:36 -0500, Rick wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> Actually worked...IOW a REAL JOB....Not some student position to earn
    >>> pocket change and help offset his parent's (God help them) tuition
    >>> costs.

    >> So, which is it? He worked or he didn't? A job is a job.

    > Stop splitting hairs Rick.
    > I'm not going to get sucked into a semantic discussion with you.

    That's your standard reply when run out of BS.

    > I'm sure Roy was a paperboy at some point in his life as well.
    >
    > I'm talking about a real job, and how it relates to the context of this
    > group and what Roy spews here each day.
    >
    > IOW he has never worked professionally in this field.

    Really? Prove it.

    >>> Get real....
    >>>

    >> And how do you know what his duties were, or are now?

    > I don't care.
    > He's a professional student and nothing he has done, said, published or
    > spammed leads me to believe otherwise. Some day he might have a real job
    > and then he will learn how wrong he has been all these years.

    IOW, you have no idea what his work related duties have been.
    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread