Nokia Comes Out with WiMax tablet

,----[ Quote ]
| The newest and fifth version of the N810 tablet will become commercially
| available along with Xohm's official launch, scheduled for the second
| quarter. Xohm is the WiMax network that Sprint Nextel is building, with test
| networks already running in Chicago and the Baltimore-Washington, D.C., area.
| The new N810 will be available initially only in the U.S.
|
| [...]
|
| The earliest version of the tablet, the N800, had only an on-screen keyboard,
| but subsequent versions feature a slide-out Qwerty keyboard. The tablets run
| on the maemo Linux-based OS2008 operating system and include a range of
| applications such as a Mozilla browser, Skype and Google Talk. It also
| includes GPS (Global Positioning Service).
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,14...1/article.html

Mini Linux notebook to gain WiMAX option

,----[ Quote ]
| U.S.-based PC vendor Everex has announced plans to offer a WiMAX-enabled
| version of its mini-notebook. The "CloudBook Max" will feature a mobile WiMAX
| radio chip supplied by GCT Semiconductor, and will work with Sprint's
| high-speed XOHMwireless network, Everex said.
`----

Cutting edge, yet affordable. There's some FUD a[b|r]ound about Linux rarely
doing WiMax.

"I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. ...
they should do a delicate dance"

--Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief

Related:

MontaVista Enables EB and NextWave Wireless to Rapidly Develop First
Linux-Based WiMAX Mobile Phone

,----[ Quote ]
| This innovative new reference design for mobile WiMAX handsets will debut
| this week at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. The Mobilinux-based
| handset reference design is the first Linux phone to enable mobile WiMAX
| (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access), a telecommunications
| technology, which provides wireless voice and data at broadband speeds. * *
`----

http://www.wallstreet-online.de/nach...t/2266101.html

Nokia N800 gets WiMAX

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia has patents in parts of the 3G standard, so would like to see that
| succeed, but it's certainly not going to cut itself off from alternative
| technologies if they provide another route into the pockets of punters. *
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08...ia_goes_wimax/

Production-ready WiMax CPE design runs Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----