(Not an April Fools joke) - "30 percent of all business desktops to run Linux by 2006" - Linux

This is a discussion on (Not an April Fools joke) - "30 percent of all business desktops to run Linux by 2006" - Linux ; http://www.wired.com/techbiz/it/news/2004/01/62016 But according to Bruce Perens, executive director of the Desktop Linux Consortium, Linux's own user experience and applications are now fully desktop-ready. At his "State of the Open-Source Union" speech at LinuxWorld on Wednesday, Perens predicted 30 percent of ...

  1. (Not an April Fools joke) - "30 percent of all business desktops to run Linux by 2006"

    http://www.wired.com/techbiz/it/news/2004/01/62016

    But according to Bruce Perens, executive director of the Desktop Linux
    Consortium, Linux's own user experience and applications are now fully
    desktop-ready.

    At his "State of the Open-Source Union" speech at LinuxWorld on Wednesday,
    Perens predicted 30 percent of all business desktops would be running Linux
    by 2006

  2. Re: (Not an April Fools joke) - "30 percent of all business desktops to run Linux by 2006"

    "Ezekiel" wrote in message
    news:47f293b8$0$27883$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
    > http://www.wired.com/techbiz/it/news/2004/01/62016
    >

    > But according to Bruce Perens, executive director of the Desktop Linux
    > Consortium, Linux's own user experience and applications are now fully
    > desktop-ready.
    >
    > At his "State of the Open-Source Union" speech at LinuxWorld on Wednesday,
    > Perens predicted 30 percent of all business desktops would be running
    > Linux by 2006

    Well, now we know why Perens isn't rich.

  3. Re: (Not an April Fools joke) - "30 percent of all business desktops to run Linux by 2006"

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > http://www.wired.com/techbiz/it/news/2004/01/62016
    >

    > But according to Bruce Perens, executive director of the Desktop Linux
    > Consortium, Linux's own user experience and applications are now fully
    > desktop-ready.
    >
    > At his "State of the Open-Source Union" speech at LinuxWorld on
    > Wednesday, Perens predicted 30 percent of all business desktops would
    > be running Linux by 2006

    BWA! As if...

    He meant 1/30th of 1 percent, or 0.000333.

+ Reply to Thread