Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Tax Evasion History Comes Under Fire - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Tax Evasion History Comes Under Fire - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Microsoft is poor (approaching debt actually). Why should it pay tax? > Let the others pay. Microsoft's history of tax evasion is already well known and documented: ..---- | Microsoft has, according to reports on Irish ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Tax Evasion History Comes Under Fire

    ..----
    `----

    http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2...nce-in-secret/

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    19:41:46 up 102 days, 16:17, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.11, 0.08

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Tax Evasion History Comes Under Fire

    ____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 01 April 2008 19:42 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Microsoft is poor (approaching debt actually). Why should it pay tax?
    >> Let the others pay.

    > Microsoft's history of tax evasion is already well known and documented:
    >
    > .----
    > | Microsoft has, according to reports on Irish website FinFacts,
    > | decided to re-register Round Island One as an unlimited company.
    > | Which means it will no longer have to file its accounts in Ireland
    > | for public inspection but will retain all the benefits of its
    > | structure.
    > `----

    http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2...nce-in-secret/

    There was another recent story about missing roughly half a billion dollars
    because Microsoft moves its taxes to a particular US state. It was also
    mentioned in Slashdot.

    Financially, Microsoft isn't doing too well (compared to past days), but it
    sure gives an /illusion/. I reckon that amid OOXML crimes it also goes all the
    way with AstroTurfing (the two are related) and hopes that will save it.
    Prepare for a "new" Microsoft (a much more criminal Microsoft that is) just
    before its IBMisation.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | LINUX - (L)ove (I)s (N)ever (U)tterly eXPensive
    Mem: 515500k total, 444496k used, 71004k free, 3928k buffers