Re: [News] Identity Management Works Better in the Open - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Identity Management Works Better in the Open - Linux ; On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:35:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Will a Little Openness Solve Your Web Identity Crisis? It worked wonders for you Roy Schestowitz. Your site, www.schestowitz.com was hacked and owned a couple of weeks ago. Additionally ...

  1. Re: [News] Identity Management Works Better in the Open

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:35:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Will a Little Openness Solve Your Web Identity Crisis?

    It worked wonders for you Roy Schestowitz.

    Your site, www.schestowitz.com was hacked and owned a couple of weeks ago.
    Additionally an embedded trojan was on the site for months before you
    decided to do something about it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: [News] Identity Management Works Better in the Open

    On 2008-04-01, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:35:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Will a Little Openness Solve Your Web Identity Crisis?

    > It worked wonders for you Roy Schestowitz.
    >
    > Your site, www.schestowitz.com was hacked and owned a couple of weeks ago.
    > Additionally an embedded trojan was on the site for months before you
    > decided to do something about it.

    And not, it was fscked exactly the way I mentioned a few days ago, via
    bad PHP crapware.

    The lesson is

    1) PHP is bad for you
    2) PHP gets you pwned

    I think that I forgot to mention that I do not like PHP?

  3. Re: [News] Identity Management Works Better in the Open

    Ignoramus3733 writes:

    > On 2008-04-01, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:35:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Will a Little Openness Solve Your Web Identity Crisis?

    >> It worked wonders for you Roy Schestowitz.
    >>
    >> Your site, www.schestowitz.com was hacked and owned a couple of weeks ago.
    >> Additionally an embedded trojan was on the site for months before you
    >> decided to do something about it.

    > And not, it was fscked exactly the way I mentioned a few days ago, via
    > bad PHP crapware.
    >
    > The lesson is
    >
    > 1) PHP is bad for you
    > 2) PHP gets you pwned
    >
    > I think that I forgot to mention that I do not like PHP?

    From a position of ignorance I am afraid.

    --
    "For example, user interfaces are _usually_ better in commercial software.
    I'm not saying that this is always true, but in many cases the user

  4. Re: [News] Identity Management Works Better in the Open

    "Ignoramus3733" schreef in bericht
    news:T_OdnZ2eH54p42_anZ2dnUVZ_gmdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > On 2008-04-01, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:35:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Will a Little Openness Solve Your Web Identity Crisis?

    >> It worked wonders for you Roy Schestowitz.
    >>
    >> Your site, www.schestowitz.com was hacked and owned a couple of weeks
    >> ago.
    >> Additionally an embedded trojan was on the site for months before you
    >> decided to do something about it.

    > And not, it was fscked

    There are no legal objections to use the word ****ed on usenet. You
    fsckwitted c*nt!

    A NSW Court Of Appeal Judgement found that the words ****** and *cunt* or
    their derivatives cannot be considered offensive;

    "The evidence discloses that Sergeant Anderson habitually used the word
    '****' or its derivatives; that everyone else did also; that Constable
    Cowin herself did so regularly. It was, so a witness said, part of what
    oxymoronically is called 'police culture'. Likewise, the word 'cunt'
    (is) used from time to time, although Sergeant Anderson never used this
    word to Constable Cowin. There was no evidence that persons in the
    public area were ever offended, nor that the public area was frequented
    by gentle old ladies or convent schoolgirls. Bearing in mind that we
    are living in a post-Chatterley, post-Wolfenden age, taking into account
    all circumstances, and judging the matter from the point of view of
    reasonable contemporary standards, I cannot believe that Sergeant
    Anderson's language was legally 'offensive'".

    Meagher JA.
    Commissioner of Police v Anderson
    CA NSW unrep, 21 Oct 1996

    This information applies to Internet content and newsgroup posts.

    In the view of the author, the material is likely to be considered
    unsuitable for children according to the Australian National Classification
    Code, though not Prohibited or Potential Prohibited content.

    Placing content on the Internet may entail legal responsibilities under
    applicable State, Territory or Commonwealth law; You have a right to make
    complaints to the Australian Broadcasting Authority (ABA) about Prohibited
    Content or Potential Prohibited Content; and you have the right to know
    about the procedures by which such complaints to the ABA can be made.

    The Internet Industry Association (IIA) registered Codes of Conduct for
    Internet Content Hosts are voluntary, until and unless an Internet Content
    Host is directed to comply by the Australian Broadcasting Authority (ABA).
    The following information is provided voluntarily by the author for the
    specific purposes of helping to protect our children;

    The following categories of Internet content are prohibited: Content
    which is (or would be) classified RC or X by the Classification Board. Such
    content includes: material containing detailed instruction in crime,
    violence or drug use; child pornography; bestiality; excessively violent or
    sexually violent material. real depictions of actual sexual activity; and
    Content hosted in Australia which is classified R and not subject to a
    restricted access system which complies with criteria determined by the ABA.

    To make a complaint about the content, please visit the ABA website,
    read their procedures and use the appropriate forms. The ABA will not
    investigate a complaint about something a person disagrees with or simply
    does not like, if it is not otherwise prohibited content. Such complaints
    should be directed to the authors of the content, who can be reached via
    e-mail at webmaster AT rainx.cjb.net

    Other information on the ABA complaints process is available from
    NetAlert.

    If you need information about supervising and controlling children's
    access to the content, what procedures you or others responsible for
    children can implement to control access to the content, including the
    availability, use and appropriate application of Internet Content filtering
    software;

    Read Google search results for Supervising and controlling children's
    access to Internet content.

    Visit the Australian Internet Safety Advisory Body's (IIA) NetAlert
    website.

    If you are a gentle old lady or a convent schoolgirl, do not read any
    further.