DistroWatch April Fool? - Linux

This is a discussion on DistroWatch April Fool? - Linux ; Anyone notice the new distros listed on the 6 month page hit rankings? I need a review of the new number 1, Karamad or number 2 ROSLIMS Hacked or April Fool? Tony(UK)...

  1. DistroWatch April Fool?

    Anyone notice the new distros listed on the 6 month page hit rankings?

    I need a review of the new number 1, Karamad or number 2 ROSLIMS

    Hacked or April Fool?

    Tony(UK)

  2. Re: DistroWatch April Fool?

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:21:14 GMT, Tony(UK) wrote:

    > Anyone notice the new distros listed on the 6 month page hit rankings?
    >
    > I need a review of the new number 1, Karamad or number 2 ROSLIMS
    >
    > Hacked or April Fool?
    >
    > Tony(UK)

    Probably hacked or it could be Linux user *humor*.
    If the latter, I doubt anyone is going to get the joke.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: DistroWatch April Fool?

    Tony(UK) wrote:

    > Anyone notice the new distros listed on the 6 month page hit
    > rankings?
    >
    > I need a review of the new number 1, Karamad or number 2 ROSLIMS
    >
    > Hacked or April Fool?

    It's an April fool, and only on the front page. The stats have been
    reversed (last <--> first).

    Here's the /real/ stats:

    http://distrowatch.com/stats.php?section=popularity

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    19:47:28 up 102 days, 16:23, 2 users, load average: 0.05, 0.27, 0.18

  4. Re: DistroWatch April Fool?

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:21:14 +0000, Tony(UK) wrote:

    > Anyone notice the new distros listed on the 6 month page hit rankings?
    >
    > I need a review of the new number 1, Karamad or number 2 ROSLIMS
    >
    > Hacked or April Fool?
    >
    > Tony(UK)

    Moshe ****forbrains, of course, has 'hacked' on the brain. It is
    Ladislav's 4/1 joke. Click on 'More Statistics' to see real numbers.

  5. Re: DistroWatch April Fool?

    ____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 01 April 2008 19:47 : \____

    > Tony(UK) wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone notice the new distros listed on the 6 month page hit
    >> rankings?
    >>
    >> I need a review of the new number 1, Karamad or number 2 ROSLIMS
    >>
    >> Hacked or April Fool?

    > It's an April fool, and only on the front page. The stats have been
    > reversed (last <--> first).
    >
    > Here's the /real/ stats:
    >
    > http://distrowatch.com/stats.php?section=popularity

    So March 31st was a good day to aim for last place (for a big burst the day
    after).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | LINUX - (L)ove (I)s (N)ever (U)tterly eXPensive
    Mem: 515500k total, 444496k used, 71004k free, 3928k buffers