From KDE-Usability - Linux

This is a discussion on From KDE-Usability - Linux ; ----- There are three rules for a GUI: Be consistent Be consistent Be consistent :-D :-D This is a joke, but it is also true. ----- Also true? Come on Linux Advocates... set them straight! -- I am one of ...

  1. From KDE-Usability

    -----

    --
    I am one of only .3% of people who have avoided becoming a statistic.

  2. Re: From KDE-Usability

    Snit writes:

    > -----
    > There are three rules for a GUI:
    >
    > Be consistent
    > Be consistent
    > Be consistent
    >
    > :-D :-D This is a joke, but it is also true.
    > -----
    >
    > Also true? Come on Linux Advocates... set them straight!

    Wowa!

    It's not "linux advocates", it's "COLA Linux advocates". Honestly, they
    put the lunacy in advocacy.

    --
    Thinking is dangerous. It leads to ideas.
    -- Seen on #Debian

  3. Re: From KDE-Usability

    "Hadron" stated in post
    fstr0n$v76$1@registered.motzarella.org on 4/1/08 10:22 AM:

    > Snit writes:
    >

    >> -----
    >> There are three rules for a GUI:
    >>
    >> Be consistent
    >> Be consistent
    >> Be consistent
    >>
    >> :-D :-D This is a joke, but it is also true.
    >> -----
    >>
    >> Also true? Come on Linux Advocates... set them straight!

    > Wowa!
    >
    > It's not "linux advocates", it's "COLA Linux advocates". Honestly, they
    > put the lunacy in advocacy.

    Well, I meant the Linux Advocates in COLA... but, sure, *real* Linux
    Advocates do not get up in arms about the fact that desktop Linux has a lot
    of room to grow in the are of consistency and that this weakness clearly and
    directly effects users.

    --
    "Uh... ask me after we ship the next version of Windows [laughs] then I'll
    be more open to give you a blunt answer." - Bill Gates

+ Reply to Thread