Preparing Kubuntu for KDE 4. - Linux

This is a discussion on Preparing Kubuntu for KDE 4. - Linux ; ----- KDE 4 will be converted to the new names and the Tango icon tools should be extended to include the complete icon naming spec, creating symlinks to the old names which will allow the icons to be used in ...

  1. Preparing Kubuntu for KDE 4.

    -----
    KDE 4 will be converted to the new names and the Tango icon
    tools should be extended to include the complete icon naming
    spec, creating symlinks to the old names which will allow the
    icons to be used in KDE 3 applications too, giving a
    consistent look and feel to a mixed KDE 3/4 desktop.
    -----

    What? Consistent look and feel for a mixed environment? But Rick tells me
    that to get consistency I should just pick one environment?

    These pesky KDE developers clearly do not read COLA to get his wisdom!

    --
    It usually takes me more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu
    speech. -- Mark Twain

  2. Re: Preparing Kubuntu for KDE 4.

    Snit writes:

    > -----
    > KDE 4 will be converted to the new names and the Tango icon
    > tools should be extended to include the complete icon naming
    > spec, creating symlinks to the old names which will allow the
    > icons to be used in KDE 3 applications too, giving a
    > consistent look and feel to a mixed KDE 3/4 desktop.
    > -----
    >
    > What? Consistent look and feel for a mixed environment? But Rick tells me
    > that to get consistency I should just pick one environment?
    >
    > These pesky KDE developers clearly do not read COLA to get his wisdom!

    Gregory Shearman should go stomping around there and tell them that its
    already as "good as possible" and that they should stop wasting time and
    effort on UIs when they have better things to be doing.

    Jesus. Do these developers not tune into COLA and the previaling
    thoughts on modern distro design?!?!?!?!?!?!

    --
    Thinking is dangerous. It leads to ideas.
    -- Seen on #Debian

  3. Re: Preparing Kubuntu for KDE 4.

    "Hadron" stated in post
    fstr3h$v76$2@registered.motzarella.org on 4/1/08 10:24 AM:

    > Snit writes:
    >

    >> -----
    >> KDE 4 will be converted to the new names and the Tango icon
    >> tools should be extended to include the complete icon naming
    >> spec, creating symlinks to the old names which will allow the
    >> icons to be used in KDE 3 applications too, giving a
    >> consistent look and feel to a mixed KDE 3/4 desktop.
    >> -----
    >>
    >> What? Consistent look and feel for a mixed environment? But Rick tells me
    >> that to get consistency I should just pick one environment?
    >>
    >> These pesky KDE developers clearly do not read COLA to get his wisdom!

    > Gregory Shearman should go stomping around there and tell them that its
    > already as "good as possible" and that they should stop wasting time and
    > effort on UIs when they have better things to be doing.

    I would *love* to see him do so - the responses would be great! He does, of
    course, know so much more about this than you and I so I am sure he would
    enjoy showing how others put the ideas of consistency down as he does.

    > Jesus. Do these developers not tune into COLA and the previaling
    > thoughts on modern distro design?!?!?!?!?!?!

    Clearly not! What the heck is wrong with them?

    --
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
    --Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread