Human Interface Guidelines and Design Patterns for KDE4 - Linux

This is a discussion on Human Interface Guidelines and Design Patterns for KDE4 - Linux ; ----- KDE is a desktop environment including core applications for Linux workstations. KDE4, the next major version that has recently been released, makes a great leap forward. It makes Linux an excellent OS choice for the more sophisticated computer users ...

  1. Human Interface Guidelines and Design Patterns for KDE4

    -----
    KDE is a desktop environment including core applications for
    Linux workstations. KDE4, the next major version that has
    recently been released, makes a great leap forward. It makes
    Linux an excellent OS choice for the more sophisticated
    computer users out there.
    -----
    Wait... the "more sophisticated computer users"? Not for the general user?
    Hmmm, sounds familiar!

    -----
    Human interface guidelines (HIG) offer application developers
    a set of recommendations. Their aim is to improve the
    experience for the users by making application interfaces
    more intuitive, learnable, and consistent.
    -----
    More intuitive, learnable, and consistent? Why? I have been told that
    users should just "pay attention". What is up with these silly KDE folks
    who go against the claims of the Linux advocates in COLA! Don't they know
    better?

    --
    Picture of a tuna soda: http://snipurl.com/f351
    Feel free to ask for the recipe.

  2. Re: Human Interface Guidelines and Design Patterns for KDE4

    Snit writes:

    > -----
    > KDE is a desktop environment including core applications for
    > Linux workstations. KDE4, the next major version that has
    > recently been released, makes a great leap forward. It makes
    > Linux an excellent OS choice for the more sophisticated
    > computer users out there.
    > -----
    > Wait... the "more sophisticated computer users"? Not for the general user?
    > Hmmm, sounds familiar!
    >
    > -----
    > Human interface guidelines (HIG) offer application developers
    > a set of recommendations. Their aim is to improve the
    > experience for the users by making application interfaces
    > more intuitive, learnable, and consistent.
    > -----
    > More intuitive, learnable, and consistent? Why? I have been told that
    > users should just "pay attention". What is up with these silly KDE folks
    > who go against the claims of the Linux advocates in COLA! Don't they know
    > better?

    Tssk. Clearly this thinking is what has led to such low adoption
    rates. Clearly COLA is right and they are wrong!

    --
    Thinking is dangerous. It leads to ideas.
    -- Seen on #Debian

  3. Re: Human Interface Guidelines and Design Patterns for KDE4

    "Hadron" stated in post
    fstr4u$v76$3@registered.motzarella.org on 4/1/08 10:24 AM:

    > Snit writes:
    >

    >> -----
    >> KDE is a desktop environment including core applications for
    >> Linux workstations. KDE4, the next major version that has
    >> recently been released, makes a great leap forward. It makes
    >> Linux an excellent OS choice for the more sophisticated
    >> computer users out there.
    >> -----
    >> Wait... the "more sophisticated computer users"? Not for the general user?
    >> Hmmm, sounds familiar!
    >>
    >> -----
    >> Human interface guidelines (HIG) offer application developers
    >> a set of recommendations. Their aim is to improve the
    >> experience for the users by making application interfaces
    >> more intuitive, learnable, and consistent.
    >> -----
    >> More intuitive, learnable, and consistent? Why? I have been told that
    >> users should just "pay attention". What is up with these silly KDE folks
    >> who go against the claims of the Linux advocates in COLA! Don't they know
    >> better?

    > Tssk. Clearly this thinking is what has led to such low adoption
    > rates. Clearly COLA is right and they are wrong!

    No doubt... man, such egg on my face.

    --
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments
    that take our breath away.

+ Reply to Thread