OOXML said to win ISO standardization approval with 75 percent of the vote - Linux

This is a discussion on OOXML said to win ISO standardization approval with 75 percent of the vote - Linux ; http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1304 While ISO isn't set to announce the official voting tally until tomorrow, the OpenDoc Society has posted to a mailing list what it claims are the final results indicating that Microsoft will be granted ISO approval for its Office ...

  1. OOXML said to win ISO standardization approval with 75 percent of the vote

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1304

    While ISO isn't set to announce the official voting tally until tomorrow,
    the OpenDoc Society has posted to a mailing list what it claims are the
    final results indicating that Microsoft will be granted ISO approval for its
    Office Open XML (OOXML) document format.

    According to the alleged results page, OOXML received a 75 percent "approve"
    total. It needed 66.66 percent to become an ISO standard.

    Update: Microsoft is now confirming (in a rather long-winded way) that OOXML
    won the vote for ISO standards approval. From the company's April 1 press
    release:

    "While the final vote has not yet been announced formally, publicly
    available information shows overwhelming support for Open XML. According to
    documents available on the Internet, 86% of all national body members
    support ISO/IEC standardization, well above the 75% requirement for formal
    acceptance under ISO and IEC rules. In addition, 75% of the Participating
    national body members (known as P-members) support standardization, also
    well above the required 66.67% requirement for this group.

    "Open XML, IS29500, now joins HTML, PDF and ODF as ISO- and IEC-recognized
    open document format standards.

    "The ratification of Open XML is proof that the consensus-building process
    worked."

  2. Re: OOXML said to win ISO standardization approval with 75 percent of the vote

    "Ezekiel" schreef in bericht
    news:47f2582b$0$26015$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .

    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1304
    >

    > While ISO isn't set to announce the official voting tally until tomorrow,
    > the OpenDoc Society has posted to a mailing list what it claims are the
    > final results indicating that Microsoft will be granted ISO approval for
    > its Office Open XML (OOXML) document format.
    >
    > According to the alleged results page, OOXML received a 75 percent
    > "approve" total. It needed 66.66 percent to become an ISO standard.
    >
    > Update: Microsoft is now confirming (in a rather long-winded way) that
    > OOXML won the vote for ISO standards approval. From the company's April 1
    > press release:
    >
    > "While the final vote has not yet been announced formally, publicly
    > available information shows overwhelming support for Open XML. According
    > to documents available on the Internet, 86% of all national body members
    > support ISO/IEC standardization, well above the 75% requirement for formal
    > acceptance under ISO and IEC rules. In addition, 75% of the Participating
    > national body members (known as P-members) support standardization, also
    > well above the required 66.67% requirement for this group.
    >
    > "Open XML, IS29500, now joins HTML, PDF and ODF as ISO- and IEC-recognized
    > open document format standards.
    >

    > "The ratification of Open XML is proof that the consensus-building process
    > worked."

    I bet Roy Schestowitz spam employers gambled on the wrong horse, Roy
    Spammowitz might eat his hat tomorrow ;-)
    --
    Roy Schestowitz = a born loser!

  3. Re: OOXML said to win ISO standardization approval with 75 percent of the vote

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:56:54 +0200, Clogwog wrote:

    > "Ezekiel" schreef in bericht
    > news:47f2582b$0$26015$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
    >>
    >> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1304
    >>

    >> While ISO isn't set to announce the official voting tally until tomorrow,
    >> the OpenDoc Society has posted to a mailing list what it claims are the
    >> final results indicating that Microsoft will be granted ISO approval for
    >> its Office Open XML (OOXML) document format.
    >>
    >> According to the alleged results page, OOXML received a 75 percent
    >> "approve" total. It needed 66.66 percent to become an ISO standard.
    >>
    >> Update: Microsoft is now confirming (in a rather long-winded way) that
    >> OOXML won the vote for ISO standards approval. From the company's April 1
    >> press release:
    >>
    >> "While the final vote has not yet been announced formally, publicly
    >> available information shows overwhelming support for Open XML. According
    >> to documents available on the Internet, 86% of all national body members
    >> support ISO/IEC standardization, well above the 75% requirement for formal
    >> acceptance under ISO and IEC rules. In addition, 75% of the Participating
    >> national body members (known as P-members) support standardization, also
    >> well above the required 66.67% requirement for this group.
    >>
    >> "Open XML, IS29500, now joins HTML, PDF and ODF as ISO- and IEC-recognized
    >> open document format standards.
    >>

    >> "The ratification of Open XML is proof that the consensus-building process
    >> worked."

    > I bet Roy Schestowitz spam employers gambled on the wrong horse, Roy
    > Spammowitz might eat his hat tomorrow ;-)

    >Roy Schestowitz = a born loser!

    Rats!
    14 years of college down the drain!

    The life of a paid SPAMMER is a lonely one.

    Just ask Roy Schestowitz!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: