OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!! - Linux

This is a discussion on OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!! - Linux ; ISO SUCK DICK!!!! Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58

  1. OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    ISO SUCK DICK!!!!

    https://www.mixmaster.it

  2. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    George Orwell writes:

    > ISO SUCK DICK!!!!

    Hello, hello, have I missed something? Did OOXML get ratified as a standard?

    --
    If you take both of those factors together then WinXP is a flop, selling
    *less* than Win 98 by a factor of two.

  3. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:19:27 +0200, Hadron
    wrote:

    >George Orwell writes:
    >
    >> ISO SUCK DICK!!!!
    >>

    >Hello, hello, have I missed something? Did OOXML get ratified as a standard?

    Not yet. But it's not going to take long. Standards are good.

  4. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008...-last-lap.html

    "The Final Results are IN! Here are the final results of the countries
    voting for DIS 29500 (more popularly known as Microsoft OOXML).
    Countries without links are verified from the ISO results.

    [...]

    Final Vote:

    Criteria 1: 24/32 = 75.00% (PASS)
    Criteria 2: 10/71 = 14.08% (PASS)
    Overall Result: PASS "

    I suppose that Roy Kent & Co is now dreaming to sentence (and
    guillotine) 86% of world's NB folk for non-disapproving OOXML.

    regards,
    alexander.

    --
    "03/17/2008 10 NOTICE OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL: Pursuant to Rule 41(a)(1)
    of the F.R.C.P., plaintiffs Erik Andersen and Rob Landley hereby dismiss

    -- CIVIL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:07-cv-11070-LTS

  5. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    Alexander Terekhov writes:

    > http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008...-last-lap.html
    >
    > "The Final Results are IN! Here are the final results of the countries
    > voting for DIS 29500 (more popularly known as Microsoft OOXML).
    > Countries without links are verified from the ISO results.
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > Final Vote:
    >
    > Criteria 1: 24/32 = 75.00% (PASS)
    > Criteria 2: 10/71 = 14.08% (PASS)
    > Overall Result: PASS "
    >
    > I suppose that Roy Kent & Co is now dreaming to sentence (and
    > guillotine) 86% of world's NB folk for non-disapproving OOXML.
    >
    > regards,
    > alexander.

    Roy's masters wont be happy with this. Or, if he is a reverse troll as
    many suspect, will they?

    --

    The branden dodges your magical sigh. The branden attacks you with a
    slew of words! The branden misses!

    -- Henning Makholm in

  6. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:51:51 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Alexander Terekhov writes:
    >
    >> http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008...-last-lap.html
    >>
    >> "The Final Results are IN! Here are the final results of the countries
    >> voting for DIS 29500 (more popularly known as Microsoft OOXML).
    >> Countries without links are verified from the ISO results.
    >>
    >> [...]
    >>
    >> Final Vote:
    >>
    >> Criteria 1: 24/32 = 75.00% (PASS)
    >> Criteria 2: 10/71 = 14.08% (PASS)
    >> Overall Result: PASS "
    >>
    >> I suppose that Roy Kent & Co is now dreaming to sentence (and
    >> guillotine) 86% of world's NB folk for non-disapproving OOXML.
    >>
    >> regards,
    >> alexander.

    > Roy's masters wont be happy with this. Or, if he is a reverse troll as
    > many suspect, will they?

    I'm starting to wonder if Roy Schestowitz is a reverse troll.

    Can anyone be that obnozious and ignorant without trying?

    Can anyone be all the Linux user stereotypes rolled up into one?

    Roy Schestowitz certainly is.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:38:07 +0200, Alexander Terekhov wrote:

    > http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008...-last-lap.html
    >
    > "The Final Results are IN! Here are the final results of the countries
    > voting for DIS 29500 (more popularly known as Microsoft OOXML).
    > Countries without links are verified from the ISO results.
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > Final Vote:
    >
    > Criteria 1: 24/32 = 75.00% (PASS)
    > Criteria 2: 10/71 = 14.08% (PASS)
    > Overall Result: PASS "
    >
    > I suppose that Roy Kent & Co is now dreaming to sentence (and
    > guillotine) 86% of world's NB folk for non-disapproving OOXML.

    Ever since the beginning, it's been a huge disinformation campaign
    instigated by IBM and Sun (so much so that they pay people to blog
    negatively against OOXML.

    Of course a huge percentage of the geek population is so contrarian that
    they will take up any cause that seems to be an underdog.

    I liken this to the "apparent" huge grass roots support for Ron Paul, which
    simply didn not translate into real votes. But if you looked anywhere like
    Digg, Slashdot, or Groklaw, it would seem there was an overwelming majority
    of people that supported him.

    In reality, it was a bunch of people in an echo chamber hearing their own
    words coming back at them as support for their opinion (Roy seems to live
    in such an environment). The real world, including most of the ISO
    participants did not swallow the red pill.

  8. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > In reality, it was a bunch of people in an echo chamber hearing their own
    > words coming back at them as support for their opinion (Roy seems to live
    > in such an environment). The real world, including most of the ISO
    > participants did not swallow the red pill.

    http://www.groklaw.com/

    Expect a 2nd Official Complaint -- Against UK's OOXML Vote , 01:50 PM

    The France Shift From No to Abstain -- HP helped Microsoft France do it, 09:46 PM

    Formal Protest Filed Asking that Norway's Vote Be Annulled & KEI Statement, Monday 02:47 PM

    New Zealand Votes No; Malaysia Tech Recommends No but It Abstains Anyway: Australia Abstains; India Suggests, Monday 04:50 AM

    OOXML Vote: Irregularities in Germany & Croatia and a Call for an Investigation of Norway, Saturday 02:03 PM

    What Really Happened at the BRM for OOXML & Who Attended - Updates on Results, Friday 09:30 AM

    You're dazed, Erik.

  9. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, OK

    wrote
    on Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:32:55 +0200
    :
    > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:19:27 +0200, Hadron
    > wrote:
    >
    >>George Orwell writes:
    >>
    >>> ISO SUCK DICK!!!!
    >>>

    >>Hello, hello, have I missed something? Did OOXML get ratified as a standard?

    > Not yet. But it's not going to take long. Standards are good.

    The official announcement of its overwhelming ratification
    is tomorrow; the vote was unanimous. The general
    commentary was that it was clearly a superior standard
    to ODF.

    The holdouts did not see its superiority until the last
    minute, as Microsoft put together a slick addendum,
    together with a reference implementation of OOXML that
    is already in production (from last Patch Tuesday, as it
    turned out).

    Meanwhile, Adobe and OpenOffice.org are scrambling for answers.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #7878218:
    class C { private: virtual void stupid() = 0; };

  10. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 15:59:34 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> In reality, it was a bunch of people in an echo chamber hearing their own
    >> words coming back at them as support for their opinion (Roy seems to live
    >> in such an environment). The real world, including most of the ISO
    >> participants did not swallow the red pill.

    > http://www.groklaw.com/
    >
    > Expect a 2nd Official Complaint -- Against UK's OOXML Vote , 01:50 PM

    I imagine there will be a lot of people complaining. People who don't get
    their way tend to do that. A complaint != a reversal.

    > The France Shift From No to Abstain -- HP helped Microsoft France do it, 09:46 PM

    Even if true, so what? Companies aren't allowed to make their views known?

    > Formal Protest Filed Asking that Norway's Vote Be Annulled & KEI Statement, Monday 02:47 PM

    Again, people not getting their way. Trying to get the vote annulled after
    the fact is like trying to file for a tax extension after the fact.

    > New Zealand Votes No; Malaysia Tech Recommends No but It Abstains Anyway: Australia Abstains; India Suggests, Monday 04:50 AM

    The technical committess, in most cases, had no power to affect this vote.
    See the DIN's statement about how everyone saying nasty things about them
    on the internet are wrong.

    It's largely people misrepresenting the procedures and claiming that votes
    for different things are votes for or against OOXML.

    > OOXML Vote: Irregularities in Germany & Croatia and a Call for an Investigation of Norway, Saturday 02:03 PM

    Yup, more whiners from people that really don't understand the processes.

    > What Really Happened at the BRM for OOXML & Who Attended - Updates on Results, Friday 09:30 AM

    Again, people misrepresenting (or rather telling only part of the story).

    > You're dazed, Erik.

    No, you're ignorant.

  11. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    On 2008-04-01, Erik Funkenbusch claimed:
    > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:38:07 +0200, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008...-last-lap.html
    >>
    >> "The Final Results are IN! Here are the final results of the countries
    >> voting for DIS 29500 (more popularly known as Microsoft OOXML).
    >> Countries without links are verified from the ISO results.
    >>
    >> [...]
    >>
    >> Final Vote:
    >>
    >> Criteria 1: 24/32 = 75.00% (PASS)
    >> Criteria 2: 10/71 = 14.08% (PASS)
    >> Overall Result: PASS "
    >>
    >> I suppose that Roy Kent & Co is now dreaming to sentence (and
    >> guillotine) 86% of world's NB folk for non-disapproving OOXML.

    > Ever since the beginning, it's been a huge disinformation campaign
    > instigated by IBM and Sun (so much so that they pay people to blog
    > negatively against OOXML.

    HIS MASTER'S VOICE
    ()._
    _.--. (##)_`-. "IT'S THE FAULT OF THE DRIVER"
    / . ``u (##), ` `.
    \__) _/ (##),--. \ "IT'S A CONSPIRACY BY IBM AND SUN"
    | --' ()' \ \
    / | | | "I'M GONNA ****ING KILL GOOGLE"
    ,' \ _,' /
    ,' | ,;--// "WINDOWS IS MORE SECURER THAN LINUX."
    / ___\ |/ ___V__{(_
    | ' \| || ,'-===- `,'| "SECURITY IS BINARY."
    __| ,' /| || |""""""""|-L|
    ,`__. < _)))_))) |________|,'
    gnv (,' ool

    --
    A book worth banning is a book worth reading.

  12. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 14:53:49 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:38:07 +0200, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008...-last-lap.html
    >>
    >> "The Final Results are IN! Here are the final results of the countries
    >> voting for DIS 29500 (more popularly known as Microsoft OOXML).
    >> Countries without links are verified from the ISO results.
    >>
    >> [...]
    >>
    >> Final Vote:
    >>
    >> Criteria 1: 24/32 = 75.00% (PASS)
    >> Criteria 2: 10/71 = 14.08% (PASS)
    >> Overall Result: PASS "
    >>
    >> I suppose that Roy Kent & Co is now dreaming to sentence (and
    >> guillotine) 86% of world's NB folk for non-disapproving OOXML.

    > Ever since the beginning, it's been a huge disinformation campaign
    > instigated by IBM and Sun (so much so that they pay people to blog
    > negatively against OOXML.

    These loons still grasp at IBM as the holy grail for Linux.
    Little do they know that they are making a pact with the devil and this
    devil is far worse than anything Microsoft could ever dream up.

    They will see.
    They will.
    But they will never learn.

    > Of course a huge percentage of the geek population is so contrarian that
    > they will take up any cause that seems to be an underdog.

    See digg and the huge number of diggs the anti OOXML posts are getting.
    Hell, even Schestowitz has finally brought his rating out of the sewer with
    a couple of "hanger on" anti-OOXML posts.

    Schestowitz is like groupie in this respect.

    > I liken this to the "apparent" huge grass roots support for Ron Paul, which
    > simply didn not translate into real votes. But if you looked anywhere like
    > Digg, Slashdot, or Groklaw, it would seem there was an overwelming majority
    > of people that supported him.

    Another nutball.

    Would you want his finger on the button?

    > In reality, it was a bunch of people in an echo chamber hearing their own
    > words coming back at them as support for their opinion (Roy seems to live
    > in such an environment). The real world, including most of the ISO
    > participants did not swallow the red pill.

    Schestowitz lives in an anechoic chamber where he listens to himself, and
    only himself, 24x7.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:32:55 +0200, OK wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:19:27 +0200, Hadron
    > wrote:
    >
    >>George Orwell writes:
    >>
    >>> ISO SUCK DICK!!!!
    >>>

    >>Hello, hello, have I missed something? Did OOXML get ratified as a
    >>standard?

    > Not yet. But it's not going to take long. Standards are good.

    Real standards, chosen without stacking the deck, without coercion and
    with honesty are good.

    I guess that lets Microsoft out.

    --
    Rick

  14. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 15:59:34 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> In reality, it was a bunch of people in an echo chamber hearing their own
    >>> words coming back at them as support for their opinion (Roy seems to live
    >>> in such an environment). The real world, including most of the ISO
    >>> participants did not swallow the red pill.

    >> http://www.groklaw.com/
    >>
    >> Expect a 2nd Official Complaint -- Against UK's OOXML Vote , 01:50 PM

    > I imagine there will be a lot of people complaining. People who don't get
    > their way tend to do that. A complaint != a reversal.
    >
    >> The France Shift From No to Abstain -- HP helped Microsoft France do it, 09:46 PM

    > Even if true, so what? Companies aren't allowed to make their views known?
    >
    >> Formal Protest Filed Asking that Norway's Vote Be Annulled & KEI Statement, Monday 02:47 PM

    > Again, people not getting their way. Trying to get the vote annulled after
    > the fact is like trying to file for a tax extension after the fact.
    >
    >> New Zealand Votes No; Malaysia Tech Recommends No but It Abstains Anyway: Australia Abstains; India Suggests, Monday 04:50 AM

    > The technical committess, in most cases, had no power to affect this vote.
    > See the DIN's statement about how everyone saying nasty things about them
    > on the internet are wrong.
    >
    > It's largely people misrepresenting the procedures and claiming that votes
    > for different things are votes for or against OOXML.
    >
    >> OOXML Vote: Irregularities in Germany & Croatia and a Call for an Investigation of Norway, Saturday 02:03 PM

    > Yup, more whiners from people that really don't understand the processes.
    >
    >> What Really Happened at the BRM for OOXML & Who Attended - Updates on Results, Friday 09:30 AM

    > Again, people misrepresenting (or rather telling only part of the story).
    >
    >> You're dazed, Erik.

    > No, you're ignorant.

    I'll let your statements stand for themselves.

    You must be reading much different material from what I've seen.

    --
    The finest pieces of software are those where one individual has a complete
    sense of exactly how the program works. To have that, you have to really

  15. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    Linonut writes:

    > * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 15:59:34 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> http://www.groklaw.com/
    >>>
    >>> Expect a 2nd Official Complaint -- Against UK's OOXML Vote , 01:50 PM

    >> I imagine there will be a lot of people complaining. People who don't get
    >> their way tend to do that. A complaint != a reversal.
    >>
    >>> The France Shift From No to Abstain -- HP helped Microsoft France do it, 09:46 PM

    >> Even if true, so what? Companies aren't allowed to make their views known?
    >>
    >>> Formal Protest Filed Asking that Norway's Vote Be Annulled & KEI Statement, Monday 02:47 PM

    >> Again, people not getting their way. Trying to get the vote annulled after
    >> the fact is like trying to file for a tax extension after the fact.
    >>
    >>> New Zealand Votes No; Malaysia Tech Recommends No but It Abstains Anyway: Australia Abstains; India Suggests, Monday 04:50 AM

    >> The technical committess, in most cases, had no power to affect this vote.
    >> See the DIN's statement about how everyone saying nasty things about them
    >> on the internet are wrong.
    >>
    >> It's largely people misrepresenting the procedures and claiming that votes
    >> for different things are votes for or against OOXML.
    >>
    >>> OOXML Vote: Irregularities in Germany & Croatia and a Call for an Investigation of Norway, Saturday 02:03 PM

    >> Yup, more whiners from people that really don't understand the processes.
    >>
    >>> What Really Happened at the BRM for OOXML & Who Attended - Updates on Results, Friday 09:30 AM

    >> Again, people misrepresenting (or rather telling only part of the story).
    >>
    >>> You're dazed, Erik.

    >> No, you're ignorant.

    > I'll let your statements stand for themselves.
    >
    > You must be reading much different material from what I've seen.

    What (titter) "material" have YOU seen Liarnut? Links please.#

    --
    "Its obvious Micoshaft sponsored frauds and net stalkers are now attacking individuals directly in organised gangs in linux advocacy newsgroups as predicted since it is known micoshaft is failing in the market place."
    7, COLA Linux "advocate" and nutjob.

  16. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 21:12:23 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > Nice graphic. I truly wonder what caused Erik to go down what seems to
    > be a lifelong path of unconditional support for just about everything
    > Microsoft does.

    I don't support everything Microsoft does. But there are times when people
    just can't seem to see when they're being manipulated, and I hate to say
    it, but you're fallen hook, line and sinker.

    Certainly Microsoft has been aggressive on this, but IBM and Sun have been
    far more aggresstive and done a lot more to "corrupt" things than Microsoft
    could have.

    > Anyway, after reading about how many technical groups were basically
    > overruled, I think that Microsoft's outrageous shenanigans are only part
    > of the reason for the quixotic process and quixotic vote changes.

    No, what you're reading about is where the process is being misrepresented.
    People are upset because, by the rules of the various NB's, they aren't
    getting their way.

  17. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    In article <6mwk0u4wrkk3.dlg@funkenbusch.com>,
    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    > I liken this to the "apparent" huge grass roots support for Ron Paul, which
    > simply didn not translate into real votes. But if you looked anywhere like
    > Digg, Slashdot, or Groklaw, it would seem there was an overwelming majority
    > of people that supported him.

    Actually, Digg users pretty quickly got tired of all the Ron Paul spam,
    and started burying it. Digg gives more weight to buries than to diggs,
    so it would quickly stop moving, and rarely make the front page.

    The Ron Paul supporters started screaming about how the Neocons had
    clearly gotten to Kevin Rose, and Digg was censoring them in order to
    promote all the other, CFR member, candidates, yadda yadda yadda, and
    largely moved to Reddit.

    By the time the Reddit users succeeded in largely laughing at them so
    much they were ready to run away, even the most disconnected from
    reality of them were starting to realize that no, it is not going to be
    a brokered convention that will let Ron Paul turn his mighty 14
    delegates into a win, and they pretty much faded away.

    What was interesting about the Paul crowd is how many of them were
    ignorant of his positions and policies. They went on and on about
    freedom and the Constitution, yet Ron Paul has twice now tried to get
    this bill passed:

    which basically tries to make it so large parts of the First Amendment
    no longer restrict State power. So, for example, if Utah wanted to make
    Mormonism the State religion, it would *NOT* be a First Amendment
    violation. If Texas wanted to start enforcing the provision in its
    Constitution that prohibits atheists, Buddhists, and others that do not
    believe in a Supreme Being, from holding public office--no problem.

    You'd think someone who is pushing a candidate because the supporter
    thinks we need to better obey the Constitution would at least be aware
    that said candidate has tried, twice, to use a loophole in the law to
    anally rape the Constitution. But no, most of Paul's supporters on the
    net had no idea about that bill.

    Based on their postings, it seems most hadn't *read* anything about
    Paul. Their postings were mostly links to videos. So, they'd post a
    story about some allegedly great thing Ron Paul said that we *must* see
    if we care about Freedom, the future of our country, etc...and it is a
    link to a 20 minute video on Youtube, most of which is narration telling
    us how great Ron Paul is, with text telling us the same thing (and using
    every cheesy transition and effect that came with whatever program was
    used to edit the video...). Somewhere in there, there will be a small
    amount of Ron Paul actually giving a speech that includes the point that
    the story is supposed to be about.

    Compare this to the posts at the same time from Obama supporters. He'd
    say something cool in a speech, and his supporters would post a story
    about it. Their story would link to a transcript of the speech. So,
    you could actually, quickly, read it, and get a grasp of the substance
    of it. You could easily see all his points, and open another window to
    go check them out.

    I pointed this difference out on Digg to the Paul supporters, noting
    that the Obama people posted useful links, and got dugg up. The
    anti-Obama people didn't bury them, because whether you were for or
    against Obama, his supporters posted useful stories, compared to useless
    videos that made it hard and annoying to get the message, and suggested
    that the Paul supporters could learn a lesson from the Obama supports.

    My comment got dugg up something like 300 times, which goes to show how
    annoyed Digg users had become with the Paul supporters by then. :-)

    --
    --Tim Smith

  18. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    In article <1nq9e6clqo9mr.dlg@funkenbusch.com>,
    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    > > The France Shift From No to Abstain -- HP helped Microsoft France do it,
    > > 09:46 PM

    > Even if true, so what? Companies aren't allowed to make their views known?

    Apparently, only some companies are supposed to voice their opinion.
    IBM is on the allowed list, but HP isn't.

    > > OOXML Vote: Irregularities in Germany & Croatia and a Call for an
    > > Investigation of Norway, Saturday 02:03 PM

    > Yup, more whiners from people that really don't understand the processes.

    The Germans have released a statement pointing out the errors in the
    reports of irregularities with their vote.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  19. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 21:12:23 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> Nice graphic. I truly wonder what caused Erik to go down what seems to
    >> be a lifelong path of unconditional support for just about everything
    >> Microsoft does.

    > I don't support everything Microsoft does. But there are times when people
    > just can't seem to see when they're being manipulated, and I hate to say
    > it, but you're fallen hook, line and sinker.

    Bull****.

    Show me the articles.

    > Certainly Microsoft has been aggressive on this, but IBM and Sun have been
    > far more aggresstive and done a lot more to "corrupt" things than Microsoft
    > could have.

    Bull****.

    Show me the articles.

    >> Anyway, after reading about how many technical groups were basically
    >> overruled, I think that Microsoft's outrageous shenanigans are only part
    >> of the reason for the quixotic process and quixotic vote changes.

    > No, what you're reading about is where the process is being misrepresented.
    > People are upset because, by the rules of the various NB's, they aren't
    > getting their way.

    I guess they don't have government of, by, and for the People like we do
    here, then.

    But I'm sure you can find justification for ramming a large, apparently
    very flawed, vendor-specific, standards document through a fast-track
    process whereby (like Massachusetts) government personnel deliberately
    go against the recommendations of their technical committees.

    --
    Gary Kildall was one of the original pioneers of the PC revolution. He was a
    very creative computer scientist who did excellent work. Although we were

  20. Re: OOXML should *NOT* be approved as ISO standard!!!

    Linonut writes:

    > * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 21:12:23 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> Nice graphic. I truly wonder what caused Erik to go down what seems to
    >>> be a lifelong path of unconditional support for just about everything
    >>> Microsoft does.

    >> I don't support everything Microsoft does. But there are times when people
    >> just can't seem to see when they're being manipulated, and I hate to say
    >> it, but you're fallen hook, line and sinker.

    > Bull****.
    >
    > Show me the articles.
    >
    >> Certainly Microsoft has been aggressive on this, but IBM and Sun have been
    >> far more aggresstive and done a lot more to "corrupt" things than Microsoft
    >> could have.

    > Bull****.
    >
    > Show me the articles.

    The Liarnut tactic ladies and gentlemen. Make things up, refuse to
    provide links and then demand links from people who have ALREADY done
    so.

    Some phony.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast