[News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux? - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux? - Linux ; Ezekiel wrote: > Kind of neat to see it work but I've never used it after that. It's all > rather pointless. Since *you* don't use it, it's obvious pointless for everyone else also. Good grief. -- RonB "There's a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

  1. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  2. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 15:27:34 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Chupacabra" wrote in message
    >> "7" wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Search www.youtube.com for compiz and beryl and see videos
    >>> of much more superior technology at work.
    >>> Its all free and you can download and install to your PC today.

    >> Sorry, don't follow. How does fancy desktop effects equal superior
    >> technology? And all the fancy graphics effects in the world don't mean
    >> **** if you can't run necessary applications on it.
    >>
    >> Yes, compiz and beryl are cool and fun to play with but they don't make
    >> Linux any more useful if you have a need to run Windows applications.

    > Some of the dimmer bulbs here (like Joseph Michael aka "7") see the wobbling
    > windows, a rotating cube with pretty colors and that basically covers their
    > computer needs. It doesn't have to work or do anything useful. But it sure
    > does look purdy.

    Not to mention there's similar technology available for Windows. See
    Deskspace, for instance.

  3. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    Micoshaft Fraudster Chupacabra wrote on behalf of half wits at Micoshaft
    Corporation:

    > "7" wrote in message
    >
    >> Search www.youtube.com for compiz and beryl and see videos
    >> of much more superior technology at work.
    >> Its all free and you can download and install to your PC today.

    > Sorry, don't follow.

    Then read it again dumb fsck!

    ---------------------again--------------------
    *
    > At 0.6 percent of desktop market evidently no too many people care about
    > Linux.

    You merely have to prove you have used approved statistics.
    Otherwise, your claims and techniques are fraudulent.

    Linux is distributed not sold.
    If you take press releases of Linux installs, then it is running
    at least 1 million+ Linux desktop installs per month.
    Embedded Linux is selling at least 3 million embedded Linux devices PER DAY.

    Thats a lot of Linux advocacy done by people with their feet and their
    wallets. Some $200 billion+ last year in revenues. Linux has created
    a lot of millionairs.

    Search www.youtube.com for compiz and beryl and see videos
    of much more superior technology at work.
    Its all free and you can download and install to your PC today.

    Its all free to download, copy and install any time you want
    and comes with source code to modify to heart's content!

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  4. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    Micoshaft Fraudster Erik Funkenbusch wrote on behalf of half wits from
    Micoshaft Corporation:

    > Not to mention there's similar technology available for Windows. See
    > Deskspace, for instance.

    Its not similar at all.
    There is no source code to download for it unlike Compiz and Beryl.

  5. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    7 wrote:
    > Micoshaft Fraudster Moshe Goldfarb wrote on behalf of half wits from
    > Micoshaft Corporation:
    >
    >> On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:29:33 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Dear Distros: Embrace USB Installs!!!

    >> Who cares?

    > You do.
    >
    >> At 0.6 percent of desktop market evidently no too many people care
    >> about Linux.

    > You merely have to prove you have used approved statistics.
    > Otherwise, your claims and techniques are fraudulent.

    0.6% is /way/ too high, huh!

  6. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > At 0.6 percent of desktop market evidently no too many people care about
    > Linux.

    However, the newsgroup market share of posts like this
    suggest that you feel very threatened by this 0.6 percent.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    Even if you do learn to speak correct English,
    whom are you going to speak it to?
    -- Clarence Darrow

  7. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 23:22:58 GMT, Wes Groleau wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> At 0.6 percent of desktop market evidently no too many people care about
    >> Linux.

    > However, the newsgroup market share of posts like this
    > suggest that you feel very threatened by this 0.6 percent.

    Grow up already,.
    I'm simply correcting the Linux loons that claim Linux is overtaking
    Microsoft and that Microsoft is going bankrupt.

    Threatened by Linux?
    Why?

    For ten years or more, Linux still has not made 1 percent of the desktop
    market.

    That's laughable.

    I've yet to see Linux anywhere except an occasional geeks desktop and even
    then it is most likely a dual boot with Windows.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  8. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 15:27:34 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Chupacabra" wrote in message
    >>> "7" wrote in message

    >>> Sorry, don't follow. How does fancy desktop effects equal superior
    >>> technology? And all the fancy graphics effects in the world don't mean
    >>> **** if you can't run necessary applications on it.
    >>>
    >>> Yes, compiz and beryl are cool and fun to play with but they don't make
    >>> Linux any more useful if you have a need to run Windows applications.

    >> Some of the dimmer bulbs here (like Joseph Michael aka "7") see the
    >> wobbling windows, a rotating cube with pretty colors and that basically
    >> covers their computer needs. It doesn't have to work or do anything
    >> useful. But it sure does look purdy.

    > Not to mention there's similar technology available for Windows. See
    > Deskspace, for instance.

    Yes! And it costs *only* $29.95 USD! What a deal! I think I'll dump compiz
    and go and purchase Deskspace. Psst. Wanna send me your credit card
    details?

    Cheers.

    --

    A US president declared war on poverty. Poverty won.
    Another US president declared a war on drugs. Drugs won.

  9. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive LikeGNU/Linux?

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:44:48 -0400
    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > At 0.6 percent of desktop market evidently no too many people care
    > about Linux.

    Goldfart
    you know it's is more then .6, since the true number cannot be
    identified by those "experts" running the analysis. With many
    California schools now pushing Linux, the number is much higher then
    advertised.

    --
    Live & let live, or leave.
    :-)

  10. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:36:04 -0700, Holz wrote:

    > On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:44:48 -0400
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> At 0.6 percent of desktop market evidently no too many people care
    >> about Linux.

    > Goldfart
    > you know it's is more then .6, since the true number cannot be
    > identified by those "experts" running the analysis. With many
    > California schools now pushing Linux, the number is much higher then
    > advertised.

    Yea the entire city of Lardo Florida switched to Linux.
    Microsoft is still hurting from that major coup.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    an idiot who is 7 wrote:

    ....you're on drugs right, or you're actually brain dead and just haven't
    fallen over as of yet, huh...LOL!
    Frank

  12. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    Mushy Goldfart drooled:

    > Yea the entire city of Lardo Florida switched to Linux.

    ....and the entire German government, French government, most of
    Scandinavia, /all/ of China, much of India...

    > Microsoft is still hurting from that major coup.

    Right now, they're ****ting themselves. They haven't got a product ("Vista"
    is a disaster) and they can't develop Windoze 7 in-house - they're having
    to /buy/ a kernel...

    C.

  13. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 07:33:39 +0100, Christopher Hunter wrote:

    > Mushy Goldfart drooled:
    >
    >> Yea the entire city of Lardo Florida switched to Linux.

    > ...and the entire German government, French government, most of
    > Scandinavia, /all/ of China, much of India...
    >
    >> Microsoft is still hurting from that major coup.

    > Right now, they're ****ting themselves. They haven't got a product ("Vista"
    > is a disaster) and they can't develop Windoze 7 in-house - they're having
    > to /buy/ a kernel...
    >
    > C.

    Yet Vista surpassed 10+year old Linux in a matter of months.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  14. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    wrote:

    >Mushy Goldfart drooled:
    >
    >> Yea the entire city of Lardo Florida switched to Linux.

    >...and the entire German government, French government, most of
    >Scandinavia, /all/ of China, much of India...
    >
    >> Microsoft is still hurting from that major coup.

    >Right now, they're ****ting themselves. They haven't got a product ("Vista"
    >is a disaster) and they can't develop Windoze 7 in-house - they're having
    >to /buy/ a kernel...

    ....only in your dreams...

  15. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 02:35:25 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 07:33:39 +0100, Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >
    >> Mushy Goldfart drooled:
    >>
    >>> Yea the entire city of Lardo Florida switched to Linux.

    >> ...and the entire German government, French government, most of
    >> Scandinavia, /all/ of China, much of India...
    >>
    >>> Microsoft is still hurting from that major coup.

    >> Right now, they're ****ting themselves. They haven't got a product ("Vista"
    >> is a disaster) and they can't develop Windoze 7 in-house - they're having
    >> to /buy/ a kernel...
    >>
    >> C.

    >Yet Vista surpassed 10+year old Linux in a matter of months.

    Three weeks, actually. Vista grabs market share at a steady rate of
    ~1%/month.

  16. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    wrote:

    >On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:44:48 -0400
    >Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> At 0.6 percent of desktop market evidently no too many people care
    >> about Linux.

    >Goldfart
    >you know it's is more then .6, since the true number cannot be
    >identified by those "experts" running the analysis. With many
    >California schools now pushing Linux, the number is much higher then
    >advertised.

    Yeah, right, keep dreaming. But in a sense you are tight, it's 0.61%,
    not 0.6%

  17. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    Christopher Hunter writes:

    > Mushy Goldfart drooled:
    >
    >> Yea the entire city of Lardo Florida switched to Linux.

    > ...and the entire German government, French government, most of
    > Scandinavia, /all/ of China, much of India...

    Entire German government? Really?

    All of China? Are you nuts? Oh, It's you. Yes. You are.

  18. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 13:03:55 +0200, OK wrote:

    > On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 02:35:25 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 07:33:39 +0100, Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >>
    >>> Mushy Goldfart drooled:

    >>> ...and the entire German government, French government, most of
    >>> Scandinavia, /all/ of China, much of India...

    >>> Right now, they're ****ting themselves. They haven't got a product ("Vista"
    >>> is a disaster) and they can't develop Windoze 7 in-house - they're having
    >>> to /buy/ a kernel...
    >>>
    >>> C.

    >>Yet Vista surpassed 10+year old Linux in a matter of months.

    > Three weeks, actually. Vista grabs market share at a steady rate of
    > ~1%/month.

    I stand corrected!
    Thanks!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  19. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:06:15 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Christopher Hunter writes:
    >
    >> Mushy Goldfart drooled:
    >>
    >>> Yea the entire city of Lardo Florida switched to Linux.

    >> ...and the entire German government, French government, most of
    >> Scandinavia, /all/ of China, much of India...

    > Entire German government? Really?
    >
    > All of China? Are you nuts? Oh, It's you. Yes. You are.

    Yea.
    Christopher Hunter doesn't appear to be one of the sharper knives in the
    drawer.
    Not only has he swallowed the Koolaid, he seems to be manufacturing it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: [News] Can You Put Vista and Leopard on a Thumb Drive Like GNU/Linux?

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb

    wrote
    on Wed, 2 Apr 2008 11:28:18 -0400
    :
    > On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 13:03:55 +0200, OK wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 02:35:25 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    >> wrote:

    >>>Yet Vista surpassed 10+year old Linux in a matter of months.

    >> Three weeks, actually. Vista grabs market share at a steady rate of
    >> ~1%/month.

    > I stand corrected!
    > Thanks!

    OK, so Vista takes over the desktop market in 2 years
    (1 year = 52 weeks).

    This to me sounds a tad optimistic.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Q: "Why is my computer doing that?"