Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development. - Linux

This is a discussion on Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development. - Linux ; "In a move which shocked the Open Source Software community, Linux creator Linux Torwalds has announced that his on going efforts on the Linux kernel is to come to an end. In an interview with the New York Times technology ...

  1. Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    "In a move which shocked the Open Source Software community, Linux
    creator Linux Torwalds has announced that his on going efforts on the
    Linux kernel is to come to an end. In an interview with the New York
    Times technology Editor, Eros Nepis, Torwalds revealed that the failure
    of Linux to be more widely adopted has led to the conclusion that his
    time and skills are better used elsewhere."

    http://tinyurl.com/2swfqo

    --
    * Joey should not write changelog entries at 5:30am
    * DFSC Free cgi library

  2. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:05:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "In a move which shocked the Open Source Software community, Linux
    > creator Linux Torwalds has announced that his on going efforts on the
    > Linux kernel is to come to an end. In an interview with the New York
    > Times technology Editor, Eros Nepis, Torwalds revealed that the failure
    > of Linux to be more widely adopted has led to the conclusion that his
    > time and skills are better used elsewhere."
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/2swfqo

    Oh dear Hadron(Gary), if only you had a sense of humour instead of simply
    being an April Fool.

  3. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:05:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "In a move which shocked the Open Source Software community, Linux
    > creator Linux Torwalds has announced that his on going efforts on the
    > Linux kernel is to come to an end. In an interview with the New York
    > Times technology Editor, Eros Nepis, Torwalds revealed that the failure
    > of Linux to be more widely adopted has led to the conclusion that his
    > time and skills are better used elsewhere."
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/2swfqo

    Now you are going to get Marti, High Plains Humper and Sinister Midget all
    excited.

    Shame on you!
    Hahaha!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 11:37:24 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:05:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> "In a move which shocked the Open Source Software community, Linux
    >> creator Linux Torwalds has announced that his on going efforts on the
    >> Linux kernel is to come to an end. In an interview with the New York
    >> Times technology Editor, Eros Nepis, Torwalds revealed that the failure
    >> of Linux to be more widely adopted has led to the conclusion that his
    >> time and skills are better used elsewhere."
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/2swfqo

    > Now you are going to get Marti, High Plains Humper and Sinister Midget
    > all excited.
    >
    > Shame on you!
    > Hahaha!

    I would assume that was probably written yesterday?

  5. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    SomeBloke wrote:

    >On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:05:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> "In a move which shocked the Open Source Software community, Linux
    >> creator Linux Torwalds has announced that his on going efforts on the
    >> Linux kernel is to come to an end. In an interview with the New York
    >> Times technology Editor, Eros Nepis, Torwalds revealed that the failure
    >> of Linux to be more widely adopted has led to the conclusion that his
    >> time and skills are better used elsewhere."
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/2swfqo

    >Oh dear Hadron(Gary), if only you had a sense of humour instead of simply
    >being an April Fool.

    Yeah, it's just too hard to accept a joke from a snotty, lying,
    fscked-in-the-head asshole like Quack.

  6. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    ray did eloquently scribble:
    > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 11:37:24 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >> On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:05:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> "In a move which shocked the Open Source Software community, Linux
    >>> creator Linux Torwalds has announced that his on going efforts on the
    >>> Linux kernel is to come to an end. In an interview with the New York
    >>> Times technology Editor, Eros Nepis, Torwalds revealed that the failure
    >>> of Linux to be more widely adopted has led to the conclusion that his
    >>> time and skills are better used elsewhere."
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/2swfqo

    >> Now you are going to get Marti, High Plains Humper and Sinister Midget
    >> all excited.
    >>
    >> Shame on you!
    >> Hahaha!

    > I would assume that was probably written yesterday?

    After midday again though... Making hadron the april fool. Even more so if
    he actually read that online and believed it "weeeeee, this should set the
    cat amongst the pigeons, torvalds resigning?! yipeeee"

    But then, being a fool is hadron's natural state anyway.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  7. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    spike1@freenet.co.uk writes:

    > ray did eloquently scribble:

    >>> Now you are going to get Marti, High Plains Humper and Sinister Midget
    >>> all excited.
    >>>
    >>> Shame on you!
    >>> Hahaha!

    >> I would assume that was probably written yesterday?

    > After midday again though... Making hadron the april fool. Even more so if
    > he actually read that online and believed it "weeeeee, this should set the
    > cat amongst the pigeons, torvalds resigning?! yipeeee"
    >
    > But then, being a fool is hadron's natural state anyway.

    Poor Spike1.

    There was no online.

    And further more the link did not say April Fool.

    Are you ever right?

  8. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    > Poor Spike1.

    > There was no online.

    So you made it up... Big deal...
    You're still an april fool,
    1: you posted it on april the first and no-one fell for it,
    2: you posted it after midday, and
    3: it's just your natural state, anyway.

    > And further more the link did not say April Fool.

    Who said anything about the link saying april fool? Try reading that thread
    again, idiot.

    > Are you ever right?

    Are you?
    You're certainly showing a severe incapability of reading and comprehending
    a simple conversation.

  9. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    spike1@freenet.co.uk writes:

    > Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    >> Poor Spike1.

    >> There was no online.

    > So you made it up... Big deal...
    > You're still an april fool,
    > 1: you posted it on april the first and no-one fell for it,
    > 2: you posted it after midday, and
    > 3: it's just your natural state, anyway.
    >
    >> And further more the link did not say April Fool.

    > Who said anything about the link saying april fool? Try reading that thread
    > again, idiot.

    I didn't read the thread to start with. I just saw your post.

    >> Are you ever right?

    > Are you?

    Yes. Most of the time actually.

    > You're certainly showing a severe incapability of reading and comprehending
    > a simple conversation.

    Not at all Mr Degree. LOL. You've been made to such look a fool recently
    with your statements about compilers not being on CS Degrees (amongst
    other things) that I'm surprised you have the temerity to come back for
    more.

    I'm surprised you're not throwing your qualified opinion into the
    threads about consistent UIs being a waste of time and effort according
    to Rick and Gregory.

  10. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    >> Who said anything about the link saying april fool? Try reading that thread
    >> again, idiot.

    > I didn't read the thread to start with. I just saw your post.

    Quel surprise.
    As a result you took everything that I said out of context (as usual) in a
    feeble attempt to attack me (as usual)...

    Not very good at this, are you?

    >>> Are you ever right?

    >> Are you?

    > Yes. Most of the time actually.

    Yeah, riiiiiiiiiight.

    >> You're certainly showing a severe incapability of reading and comprehending
    >> a simple conversation.

    > Not at all Mr Degree. LOL. You've been made to such look a fool recently
    > with your statements about compilers not being on CS Degrees

    No, that wasn't what I said and you know it.
    Compiler course? The degree is a multitude of subjects mateyboy...
    And a whole course on compilers is most certainly NOT compulsary in most
    these days. Oh, I never said anything about compilers being COVERED, in
    detail, if fact if you bother to dredge through your feeble selective
    memory, you'll note I said we did DO compilers, as PART of a DIFFERENT
    course.

    But that's you through and through. You select whichever parts of a
    conversation suit you in order to launch an attack (with the usual result
    that you look a complete arse)

  11. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    spike1@freenet.co.uk writes:

    > Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    >>> Who said anything about the link saying april fool? Try reading that thread
    >>> again, idiot.

    >> I didn't read the thread to start with. I just saw your post.

    > Quel surprise.
    > As a result you took everything that I said out of context (as usual) in a
    > feeble attempt to attack me (as usual)...

    Excuse me? I posted the original. You started trying to make it into an
    April 1st. More fool you. As usual you tried to be clever - and failed.

    > Not very good at this, are you?

    You seem very good at it - if it is begin wrong all the time.

    >>> Are you?

    >> Yes. Most of the time actually.

    > Yeah, riiiiiiiiiight.

    Yup. Yet nearly every major discussion you have joined in on has left
    you looking stupid. From compilers to emulators. You lose.

    >>> You're certainly showing a severe incapability of reading and comprehending
    >>> a simple conversation.

    >> Not at all Mr Degree. LOL. You've been made to such look a fool recently
    >> with your statements about compilers not being on CS Degrees

    > No, that wasn't what I said and you know it.

    Yes it was.

    > Compiler course? The degree is a multitude of subjects mateyboy...
    > And a whole course on compilers is most certainly NOT compulsary in most
    > these days. Oh, I never said anything about compilers being COVERED,
    > in

    No one said anything about compulsory. I would not expect ALL courses t
    cover them. But you laughed at the VERY NOTION that a CS degree would
    include compiler techniques. In other words you are clueless.

    Dont make me quote you. I'm sure someone else might though.

    --
    The "XP could sink Microsoft" thread his an absolute gem. You'd think
    these advocates were related to Nostradamus!

  12. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    >Hadron quacked:

    >>> Are you?

    >> Yes. Most of the time actually.

    LOL

    Except when you're lying, which is a huge chunk of your snot...

  13. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk writes:

    >> Hadron did eloquently scribble:

    >>> I didn't read the thread to start with. I just saw your post.

    >> Quel surprise.
    >> As a result you took everything that I said out of context (as usual) in a
    >> feeble attempt to attack me (as usual)...

    > Excuse me? I posted the original. You started trying to make it into an
    > April 1st. More fool you. As usual you tried to be clever - and failed.

    Wrong again.
    That's what happens when you can't be bothered to read the thread.
    Have you bothered to read the thread? Didn't think so.

    As you're soooo incapable, let's recap shall we, in a way you MAY be able to
    understand...

    He're the summarised conversation, starting with the first mention of april
    the first...

    Moshe wrote this...
    > Now you are going to get Marti, High Plains Humper and Sinister Midget
    > all excited.
    >
    > Shame on you!
    > Hahaha!

    Ray replied with this...
    ] I would assume that was probably written yesterday?

    I then replied with the thing you got so het up about...

    ! After midday again though... Making hadron the april fool. Even more so if
    ! he actually read that online and believed it "weeeeee, this should set the
    ! cat amongst the pigeons, torvalds resigning?! yipeeee"

    >> Not very good at this, are you?

    > You seem very good at it - if it is begin wrong all the time.

    Where have I been wrong in this thread?
    You couldn't even spot a reference to 1st of april I replied to, and you
    accuse ME of being wrong for replying to it?

    Hah!

    Hardron... Find a new target, please... You're getting too pathetic to
    bother arguing with at the moment.

    >>> Yes. Most of the time actually.

    >> Yeah, riiiiiiiiiight.

    > Yup. Yet nearly every major discussion you have joined in on has left
    > you looking stupid. From compilers to emulators. You lose.

    Emulators? Pray, do tell. What has been said by me on the subect of emulators that you so
    sooooo disagree with? (hint: disagreement does not always indicate the
    opposing argument is wrong...sorry to burst your bubble on that one)

    We all know what you think I said about compilers.
    (utterly irrelevant and wrong of course, but that's you through and
    through)

    >>> Not at all Mr Degree. LOL. You've been made to such look a fool recently
    >>> with your statements about compilers not being on CS Degrees

    >> No, that wasn't what I said and you know it.

    > Yes it was.

    Nope, it wasn't. I clarified and you ignored it.
    (what a surprise, eh?)

    >> Compiler course? The degree is a multitude of subjects mateyboy...
    >> And a whole course on compilers is most certainly NOT compulsary in most
    >> these days. Oh, I never said anything about compilers being COVERED,
    >> in

    > No one said anything about compulsory. I would not expect ALL courses t
    > cover them. But you laughed at the VERY NOTION that a CS degree would
    > include compiler techniques.

    No, I laughed at your IMPLICATION that I'd "failed my compiler course" or
    some such... can't even be BOTHERED to look up that pile of ****e again now.

    > Dont make me quote you. I'm sure someone else might though.

    Quote me, oh PLEASE quote me.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  14. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > Hadron did scribble:

    .... snip ...

    >> Excuse me? I posted the original. You started trying to make it
    >> into an April 1st. More fool you. As usual you tried to be clever
    >> - and failed.

    > Wrong again. That's what happens when you can't be bothered to
    > read the thread. Have you bothered to read the thread? Didn't
    > think so.

    Wrong. Even for Hadron trolls. If an article doesn't quote
    material, there is no need to examine the thread (which may not
    even be available) since the quotes should contain whatever was
    being replied to.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  15. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    CBFalconer did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> Hadron did scribble:
    >>

    > ... snip ...
    >>
    >>> Excuse me? I posted the original. You started trying to make it
    >>> into an April 1st. More fool you. As usual you tried to be clever
    >>> - and failed.

    >> Wrong again. That's what happens when you can't be bothered to
    >> read the thread. Have you bothered to read the thread? Didn't
    >> think so.

    > Wrong. Even for Hadron trolls. If an article doesn't quote
    > material, there is no need to examine the thread (which may not
    > even be available) since the quotes should contain whatever was
    > being replied to.

    Ah... But the quotes WERE visible in the body of the text I (and indeed,
    hardon) replied to. He replied attacking me for bringing up april the first
    even though it was the person I replied to... So, either his memory is
    totally ****e, forgetting what was in the message he replied to 2 messages
    ago or (much more likely), he simply didn't bother reading anything but wot
    I wrote.

    Now, which seems more likely? Hmmm *rubs chin*

    You should know by now how usenet works, CB.
    Only cascade threads contain the entire quoted text of all previous
    articles. (which are one of the worst forms of usenet abuse out there)
    | in |good to you so far... |

  16. Re: Torwalds calls it a day on Kernel development.

    On Apr 2, 8:31*pm, CBFalconer wrote:
    > spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > > Hadron did scribble:

    > ... snip ...
    >
    > >> Excuse me? I posted the original. You started trying to make it
    > >> into an April 1st. More fool you. As usual you tried to be clever
    > >> - and failed.

    > > Wrong again. *That's what happens when you can't be bothered to
    > > read the thread. Have you bothered to read the thread? *Didn't
    > > think so.

    > Wrong. *Even for Hadron trolls. *If an article doesn't quote
    > material, there is no need to examine the thread (which may not
    > even be available) since the quotes should contain whatever was
    > being replied to.

    How long should .sigs be?