Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever - Linux

This is a discussion on Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever - Linux ; We all have heard about Compiz Fusion. We all have seen rotating cube on youtube. But it's time to tell the world a truth. It's time to uncover the greatest Linux myth ever. The Compiz Fusion is a fake. http://magicgarden.sourceforge.net/?q=node/146...

  1. Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    We all have heard about Compiz Fusion. We all have seen rotating cube on
    youtube. But it's time to tell the world a truth. It's time to uncover
    the greatest Linux myth ever. The Compiz Fusion is a fake.

    http://magicgarden.sourceforge.net/?q=node/146

  2. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 15:03:15 +0200, Jacek Popławski wrote:

    > We all have heard about Compiz Fusion. We all have seen rotating cube on
    > youtube. But it's time to tell the world a truth. It's time to uncover
    > the greatest Linux myth ever. The Compiz Fusion is a fake.
    >
    > http://magicgarden.sourceforge.net/?q=node/146

    Oh how wonderful, a Conspiracy Theory!

    I love 'em. I bet you're really Elvis. Tell us please, how did you manage
    to shoot JFK from the grassy knoll without being recognised in that
    spangly jumpsuit?

  3. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    Jacek Pop??awski did eloquently scribble:
    > We all have heard about Compiz Fusion. We all have seen rotating cube on
    > youtube. But it's time to tell the world a truth. It's time to uncover
    > the greatest Linux myth ever. The Compiz Fusion is a fake.

    > http://magicgarden.sourceforge.net/?q=node/146

    Hate to break it to you...
    But the tradition states that it's only a valid april fool if it's done
    before midday. You posted that 3 hours late.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  4. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    spike1@freenet.co.uk pisze:
    > But the tradition states that it's only a valid april fool if it's done
    > before midday. You posted that 3 hours late.

    In which timezone?

  5. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    Jacek Pop??awski did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk pisze:
    >> But the tradition states that it's only a valid april fool if it's done
    >> before midday. You posted that 3 hours late.

    > In which timezone?

    Yours.
    Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 15:03:15 +0200

    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  6. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    spike1@freenet.co.uk pisze:
    > Yours.

    You are wrong.

    > Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 15:03:15 +0200

    It's 17:41 now. I haven't submitted it 3 hours ago.

  7. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    Jacek Popławski writes:

    > spike1@freenet.co.uk pisze:
    >> Yours.

    > You are wrong.

    Don't argue with Andrew. He has a CS degree as you will note from his
    signature. He also claims that CS degrees do not do compiler courses
    ...... so in other words he's usually wrong.

    --
    any facts posited and opposes any conclusions reached in this message.

    -- Seen in the headers of a mail from Branden Robinson

  8. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    "Jacek Pop³awski" wrote in message
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk pisze:
    >> Yours.

    > You are wrong.
    >
    >> Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 15:03:15 +0200

    > It's 17:41 now. I haven't submitted it 3 hours ago.

    Spike has a CS degree but laughed at the notion that CS students would study
    something like "compilers". Evidently spike never studied "time zones"
    either.

  9. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    Jacek Pop?awski wrote:

    > spike1@freenet.co.uk pisze:
    >> Yours.

    > You are wrong.

    Says the clown calling Compiz a fake...

    What a joke!

    >> Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 15:03:15 +0200

    > It's 17:41 now. I haven't submitted it 3 hours ago.

    Sure... everyone believes you.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  10. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > Jacek Pop?awski wrote:
    >
    >> spike1@freenet.co.uk pisze:
    >>> Yours.

    >> You are wrong.

    > Says the clown calling Compiz a fake...
    >
    > What a joke!
    >
    >>> Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 15:03:15 +0200

    >> It's 17:41 now. I haven't submitted it 3 hours ago.

    > Sure... everyone believes you.

    Sounds like a desperate troll to me.

    --
    Mandriva - 2008.1 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    William Poaster pisze:
    > Sounds like a desperate troll to me.

    Face the truth:

    http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?p=53573

  12. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:23:22 +0200, Jacek Pop³awski wrote:

    > William Poaster pisze:
    >> Sounds like a desperate troll to me.

    > Face the truth:
    >
    > http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?p=53573

    haha.
    Good one!

    FWIW William Poaster is a totally empty suit.
    He spends more time talking about his filters than anything else.
    Completely useless as a Linux advocate and thank God he is not a Windows
    advocate.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  13. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Jacek Pop??awski did eloquently scribble:
    >> We all have heard about Compiz Fusion. We all have seen rotating cube on
    >> youtube. But it's time to tell the world a truth. It's time to uncover
    >> the greatest Linux myth ever. The Compiz Fusion is a fake.

    >> http://magicgarden.sourceforge.net/?q=node/146

    > Hate to break it to you...
    > But the tradition states that it's only a valid april fool if it's done
    > before midday. You posted that 3 hours late.

    I didn't see the OP but Poland should only be 2 hours ahead of the UK, so if
    he's showing 3 hours, is his clock wrong?
    Anyhoo it would appear his "April Fool" was too late, & thus backfired...

    The telegraph.co.uk had "Flying Penguins" as their joke.

    --
    Mandriva - 2008.1 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  14. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    William Poaster did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> Jacek Pop??awski did eloquently scribble:
    >>> We all have heard about Compiz Fusion. We all have seen rotating cube on
    >>> youtube. But it's time to tell the world a truth. It's time to uncover
    >>> the greatest Linux myth ever. The Compiz Fusion is a fake.

    >>> http://magicgarden.sourceforge.net/?q=node/146

    >> Hate to break it to you...
    >> But the tradition states that it's only a valid april fool if it's done
    >> before midday. You posted that 3 hours late.

    > I didn't see the OP but Poland should only be 2 hours ahead of the UK, so if
    > he's showing 3 hours, is his clock wrong?

    Only if he claims to have posted it on time (and is telling the truth).

    > Anyhoo it would appear his "April Fool" was too late, & thus backfired...

    Quite.

    > The telegraph.co.uk had "Flying Penguins" as their joke.

    But the flying penguins? I've seen them on the BBC iPlayer advert.

    | in |good to you so far... |

  15. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 21:19:21 +0100, troll spike1@freenet.co.uk said after being slapped:

    Hi Thief! Are you going to get your 1-hour Masters degree now?

  16. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    William Poaster pisze:
    > I didn't see the OP but Poland should only be 2 hours ahead of the UK, so if
    > he's showing 3 hours, is his clock wrong?

    Are you talking about time of sending Usenet post or time of publishing
    article?

  17. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    Jacek Popławski did eloquently scribble:
    > William Poaster pisze:
    >> I didn't see the OP but Poland should only be 2 hours ahead of the UK, so if
    >> he's showing 3 hours, is his clock wrong?

    > Are you talking about time of sending Usenet post or time of publishing
    > article?

    The time of posting the article is the one that matters (and the one that's
    saved in the headers).
    What do you mean by "publishing article"?
    D'y'mean you run leafnode and ran fetchnews a few hours after posting or
    something?
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  18. Re: Compiz Fusion - the greatest Linux myth ever

    spike1@freenet.co.uk pisze:
    > The time of posting the article is the one that matters (and the one that's
    > saved in the headers).
    > What do you mean by "publishing article"?
    > D'y'mean you run leafnode and ran fetchnews a few hours after posting or
    > something?

    I mean article on website, not on Usenet.

+ Reply to Thread