Linux hits 6.1% on March! - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux hits 6.1% on March! - Linux ; APRIL'S FOOL!!!!!!!!!! Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February: http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux The future looks bright :-) Meanwhile, Vista reached 14.05% in a steady linear growth: http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...=Windows+Vista...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 383

  1. Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    APRIL'S FOOL!!!!!!!!!!

    Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February:

    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux

    The future looks bright :-)

    Meanwhile, Vista reached 14.05% in a steady linear growth:

    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...=Windows+Vista

  2. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    OK wrote:

    > Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February:

    And yet Ballmer considers Linux the biggest threat to Vista ME. Odd, huh?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  3. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    OK wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 03:48:53 -0500, RonB
    > wrote:
    >
    >>OK wrote:
    >>
    >>> Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February:

    >>And yet Ballmer considers Linux the biggest threat to Vista ME. Odd, huh?

    > Only in your dreams, you fool.

    Don't you mean, only in the fool Ballmer's dreams? No, he said it out
    loud -- and I think shortly afterwards he threw a chair to punctuate the
    point.

    Seemed a little upset to me.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  4. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    wrote:

    >OK wrote:
    >
    >> Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February:

    >And yet Ballmer considers Linux the biggest threat to Vista ME. Odd, huh?

    Only in your dreams, you fool.

  5. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    RonB wrote:

    > OK wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 03:48:53 -0500, RonB
    >> wrote:

    >>>And yet Ballmer considers Linux the biggest threat to Vista ME. Odd, huh?

    >> Only in your dreams, you fool.

    > Don't you mean, only in the fool Ballmer's dreams? No, he said it out
    > loud -- and I think shortly afterwards he threw a chair to punctuate the
    > point.
    >
    > Seemed a little upset to me.

    And there you have an other wintroll disputing M$ *own* figures, which put Linux
    users at 17% of all Internet users & a growth rate of more than 3% per annum.
    This was in a sworn testimony before Courts by Microsoft Executives, & is also
    in every quarterly SEC filing by them.

    And as for the trolls reply of: "Only in your dreams, you fool"

    Ballmer: Linux Is Top Threat To Windows
    http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20010110S0006

    Guess techweb-Network must have been dreaming too, huh...

    So who's the fool, M$ or the wintroll... I'll vote for the "OK" wintroll, who
    didn't do its homework before opening it's stupid mouth.

    --
    Mandriva - 2008.1 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:32:21 +0100, William Poaster
    wrote:

    >RonB wrote:
    >
    >> OK wrote:

    >>> Only in your dreams, you fool.

    >> Don't you mean, only in the fool Ballmer's dreams? No, he said it out
    >> loud -- and I think shortly afterwards he threw a chair to punctuate the
    >> point.
    >>
    >> Seemed a little upset to me.
    >>

    >And there you have an other wintroll disputing M$ *own* figures, which put Linux
    >users at 17% of all Internet users & a growth rate of more than 3% per annum.
    >This was in a sworn testimony before Courts by Microsoft Executives, & is also
    >in every quarterly SEC filing by them.
    >
    >And as for the trolls reply of: "Only in your dreams, you fool"
    >
    >Ballmer: Linux Is Top Threat To Windows
    >http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20010110S0006

    "janvier 10, 2001"

    BWahahaha.. you *REALLY* are an idiot.

  7. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    William Poaster writes:

    > RonB wrote:
    >
    >> OK wrote:

    >>> Only in your dreams, you fool.

    >> Don't you mean, only in the fool Ballmer's dreams? No, he said it out
    >> loud -- and I think shortly afterwards he threw a chair to punctuate the
    >> point.
    >>
    >> Seemed a little upset to me.
    >>

    > And there you have an other wintroll disputing M$ *own* figures, which put Linux
    > users at 17% of all Internet users & a growth rate of more than 3% per
    > annum.

    Which is why all the hit count stats say 0.6-1% eh Willy?

    You are one stupid man.

    17% ?!?!?!? LOL. Can you really be that clueless to believe that.

    Do you REALLY believe Ballmer meant that when he said Linux is the #1
    competitor? Look at the figures.

  8. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    "William Poaster" wrote in message

    > So who's the fool, M$ or the wintroll... I'll vote for the "OK" wintroll,
    > who
    > didn't do its homework before opening it's stupid mouth.

    This reference is more than 7 years old and Microsoft also identified AOL as
    a major competitor. As it turns out, these were a series of false alarms
    and Linux has proven to be a paper tiger with no real bite. You have a
    problem in that you seem to see things in terms of your favorite snapshots
    in time and fail to understand that time marches on. You need to stop
    posting and start reading.

  9. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    "OK" wrote in message

    > APRIL'S FOOL!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February:
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux
    >
    > The future looks bright :-)

    Maybe linux really is at 6.1%. But only 0.6% access the internet because the
    remaining 5.5% don't have linux drivers to support their network card.

    > Meanwhile, Vista reached 14.05% in a steady linear growth:
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...=Windows+Vista

    Looks very much like the path that XP took when it was first released. The
    release of XP was supposed to signal the start of linux domination on the
    desktop because XP was so slow, required activation, MS was treating their
    customers like thieves, the UI was Fisher Price, it was slow and needed lots
    of RAM.

    Today the linux nuts have the same dream once again, but this time it's
    Vista that's giving them a glimmer of hope.

  10. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    William Poaster wrote:

    > And there you have an other wintroll disputing M$ *own* figures, which put Linux
    > users at 17% of all Internet users

    Well now that is news to me. Actually I think you are the only one who
    knows that. Please provide a link.

    > & a growth rate of more than 3% per annum.
    > This was in a sworn testimony before Courts by Microsoft Executives, & is also
    > in every quarterly SEC filing by them.

  11. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    "Ezekiel" writes:

    > "OK" wrote in message
    >>
    >> APRIL'S FOOL!!!!!!!!!!
    >>
    >> Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February:
    >>
    >> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux
    >>
    >> The future looks bright :-)

    > Maybe linux really is at 6.1%. But only 0.6% access the internet because the
    > remaining 5.5% don't have linux drivers to support their network card.

    Hmm. God point. Maybe Willy Filters is right after all.

    --
    * Joey should not write changelog entries at 5:30am
    * DFSC Free cgi library

  12. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    Matt writes:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> And there you have an other wintroll disputing M$ *own* figures, which put Linux
    >> users at 17% of all Internet users

    > Well now that is news to me. Actually I think you are the only one
    > who knows that. Please provide a link.

    Willy Boaster is a taker not a giver. Expect nothing to support his
    absurd, dated claims.

    >> & a growth rate of more than 3% per annum.
    >> This was in a sworn testimony before Courts by Microsoft Executives, & is also
    >> in every quarterly SEC filing by them.

    --
    * Joey should not write changelog entries at 5:30am
    * DFSC Free cgi library
    What's that? DFSC?
    Debian Free Software mroooooCows
    -- Seen on #Debian

  13. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 10:34:38 +0200, OK wrote:

    > APRIL'S FOOL!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February:
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux
    >
    > The future looks bright :-)
    >
    > Meanwhile, Vista reached 14.05% in a steady linear growth:
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...=Windows+Vista

    Linux seems to be losing no matter where you look.
    The ODF vs OOXML debates.
    Market Share.

    So if you want to be on the losing team, go with Linux.
    At least you can say Linux is consistent.

    After 10+ years it still is hovering around 0.6 percent of desktop market
    share.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  14. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 15:20:43 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > William Poaster writes:
    >
    >> RonB wrote:

    >>> Don't you mean, only in the fool Ballmer's dreams? No, he said it out
    >>> loud -- and I think shortly afterwards he threw a chair to punctuate the
    >>> point.
    >>>
    >>> Seemed a little upset to me.
    >>>

    >> And there you have an other wintroll disputing M$ *own* figures, which put Linux
    >> users at 17% of all Internet users & a growth rate of more than 3% per
    >> annum.

    > Which is why all the hit count stats say 0.6-1% eh Willy?
    >
    > You are one stupid man.
    >
    > 17% ?!?!?!? LOL. Can you really be that clueless to believe that.
    >
    > Do you REALLY believe Ballmer meant that when he said Linux is the #1
    > competitor? Look at the figures.

    Poaster must be using "Ballard Math" .

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    OK wrote:
    > APRIL'S FOOL!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February:
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux

    Here are the numbers from that page right now:
    (((((
    > Month Linux
    > May, 2007 0.43%
    > June, 2007 0.43%
    > July, 2007 0.46%
    > August, 2007 0.47%
    > September, 2007 0.49%
    > October, 2007 0.50%
    > November, 2007 0.57%
    > December, 2007 0.63%
    > January, 2008 0.64%
    > February, 2008 0.65%
    > March, 2008 0.61%

    )))))

    Those numbers were changed by markeshare.hitslink.com.

    The January, 2008 Linux number originally appearing on or about Feb 1
    was 0.67%.

    Witness this COLA+COMA thread entitled "New Marketshare Numbers - OSX
    7.57% / Linux 0.67%" started by Oxford at 02/01/2008 02:16 PM:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....58d5defcc5d761
    (((((
    > New, true Marketshare Numbers are in... and it appears even the iPhone
    > will surpass Linux share in the next 16 months.
    >
    > Wow! the hugely successful iPhone will totally eclipse the Linux
    > installed "user base" in less than 16 months, no wonder Linus has given
    > up!
    >
    > Congrats to people that still want QUALITY in their lives!
    >
    > ---
    >
    > As of Feb 1st:
    >
    > Windows 91.46%
    > Mac 7.57%
    > Linux 0.67%
    > iPhone 0.13%
    > Playstation 0.03%
    > SunOS 0.01%
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=8
    >
    > -

    )))))

    This is the site always mentioned by Linux deniers because this site
    always reports less Linux usage than any other site.

    The discrepancy described above throws into doubt all
    data appearing on markeshare.hitslink.com.

  16. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    Matt writes:

    > OK wrote:
    >> APRIL'S FOOL!!!!!!!!!!
    >>
    >> Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February:
    >>
    >> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux

    > Here are the numbers from that page right now:
    > (((((
    >> Month Linux May, 2007 0.43% June, 2007 0.43%
    >> July, 2007 0.46% August, 2007 0.47% September, 2007
    >> 0.49% October, 2007 0.50% November, 2007 0.57% December, 2007
    >> 0.63% January, 2008 0.64% February, 2008 0.65% March, 2008
    >> 0.61%

    > )))))
    >
    > Those numbers were changed by markeshare.hitslink.com.
    >
    > The January, 2008 Linux number originally appearing on or about Feb 1
    > was 0.67%.
    >
    > Witness this COLA+COMA thread entitled "New Marketshare Numbers - OSX
    > 7.57% / Linux 0.67%" started by Oxford at 02/01/2008 02:16 PM:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....58d5defcc5d761
    > (((((
    >> New, true Marketshare Numbers are in... and it appears even the
    >> iPhone will surpass Linux share in the next 16 months.
    >>
    >> Wow! the hugely successful iPhone will totally eclipse the Linux
    >> installed "user base" in less than 16 months, no wonder Linus has
    >> given up!
    >>
    >> Congrats to people that still want QUALITY in their lives!
    >>
    >> ---
    >>
    >> As of Feb 1st:
    >>
    >> Windows 91.46% Mac 7.57% Linux 0.67%
    >> iPhone 0.13% Playstation 0.03% SunOS 0.01%
    >>
    >> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=8
    >>
    >> -

    > )))))
    >
    > This is the site always mentioned by Linux deniers because this site
    > always reports less Linux usage than any other site.
    >
    > The discrepancy described above throws into doubt all
    > data appearing on markeshare.hitslink.com.

    Yes. But unless you are a dribbling moron like, say, chrisv, the numbers
    give enough of an indication about relative install base. No one claims
    they are 100% correct. It's an indicator. And a pretty reliable one at
    that. It certainly correlates strongly with what I see in the wild.

    --
    any facts posited and opposes any conclusions reached in this message.

    -- Seen in the headers of a mail from Branden Robinson

  17. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, RonB

    :
    > OK wrote:
    >
    >> Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February:

    > And yet Ballmer considers Linux the biggest threat to Vista ME. Odd, huh?

    Linux must be contained, obviously, as there's a
    "slippery slope". Today, Linux, tomorrow FreeBSD, HURD
    next Wednesday, another OS in a week or so that sounds
    neat, and pretty soon Microsoft has lost the entire market
    to a fragmented bunch of Johnny-come-oldies, whose sole
    salvation is that they actually *gasp* work together
    because they all hew to standards.

    Can't have that, now, can we? ;-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux makes one use one's mind.
    Windows just messes with one's head.

  18. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:14:43 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 10:34:38 +0200, OK wrote:
    >
    >> APRIL'S FOOL!!!!!!!!!!
    >>
    >> Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February:
    >>
    >> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux
    >>
    >> The future looks bright :-)
    >>
    >> Meanwhile, Vista reached 14.05% in a steady linear growth:
    >>
    >> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...=Windows+Vista

    >Linux seems to be losing no matter where you look.
    >The ODF vs OOXML debates.
    >Market Share.
    >
    >So if you want to be on the losing team, go with Linux.
    >At least you can say Linux is consistent.
    >
    >After 10+ years it still is hovering around 0.6 percent of desktop market
    >share.

    Yeah, even the Linux Counter is regressing: http://counter.li.org/
    (141K users, how silly is that?)

  19. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:55:51 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Matt writes:
    >
    >> OK wrote:
    >>> APRIL'S FOOL!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>
    >>> Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February:
    >>>
    >>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux

    >> Here are the numbers from that page right now:
    >> (((((
    >>> Month Linux May, 2007 0.43% June, 2007 0.43%
    >>> July, 2007 0.46% August, 2007 0.47% September, 2007
    >>> 0.49% October, 2007 0.50% November, 2007 0.57% December, 2007
    >>> 0.63% January, 2008 0.64% February, 2008 0.65% March, 2008
    >>> 0.61%

    >> )))))
    >>
    >> Those numbers were changed by markeshare.hitslink.com.
    >>
    >> The January, 2008 Linux number originally appearing on or about Feb 1
    >> was 0.67%.
    >>
    >> Witness this COLA+COMA thread entitled "New Marketshare Numbers - OSX
    >> 7.57% / Linux 0.67%" started by Oxford at 02/01/2008 02:16 PM:
    >>
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/comp....58d5defcc5d761
    >> (((((
    >>> New, true Marketshare Numbers are in... and it appears even the
    >>> iPhone will surpass Linux share in the next 16 months.
    >>>
    >>> Wow! the hugely successful iPhone will totally eclipse the Linux
    >>> installed "user base" in less than 16 months, no wonder Linus has
    >>> given up!
    >>>
    >>> Congrats to people that still want QUALITY in their lives!
    >>>
    >>> ---
    >>>
    >>> As of Feb 1st:
    >>>
    >>> Windows 91.46% Mac 7.57% Linux 0.67%
    >>> iPhone 0.13% Playstation 0.03% SunOS 0.01%
    >>>
    >>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=8
    >>>
    >>> -

    >> )))))
    >>
    >> This is the site always mentioned by Linux deniers because this site
    >> always reports less Linux usage than any other site.
    >>
    >> The discrepancy described above throws into doubt all
    >> data appearing on markeshare.hitslink.com.

    > Yes. But unless you are a dribbling moron like, say, chrisv, the numbers
    > give enough of an indication about relative install base. No one claims
    > they are 100% correct. It's an indicator. And a pretty reliable one at
    > that. It certainly correlates strongly with what I see in the wild.

    Add to that the fact that most of these sites come up with pretty much the
    same numbers.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    On Apr 1, 4:34 am, OK wrote:
    > APRIL'S FOOL!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > Actually, is DECREASED to 0.61%, down from 0.65% in February:
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...qpcustom=Linux
    >
    > The future looks bright :-)
    >
    > Meanwhile, Vista reached 14.05% in a steady linear growth:
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...custom=Windows...

    Ah, nothing like corporate shills shilling for the corporate pigs.
    Here's a big "oink oink" to you, piggy. Now squeal like a pig.

    Besides, you're probably more of a sow than a boar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast