Linux hits 6.1% on March! - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux hits 6.1% on March! - Linux ; Hadron wrote: > caver1 writes: > >> Hadron wrote: >>> caver1 writes: >>> >>>> dennis@home wrote: >>>>> "Linonut" wrote in message >>>>> news:AS4Kj.26981$Er2.17932@bignews6.bellsouth.net. .. >>>>>> * dennis@home peremptorily fired off this memo: >>>>>> >>>>>>>> You seem to want vendors to ...

  1. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    Hadron wrote:
    > caver1 writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> What are you talking about? Seriously. You keep talking about things
    >>> which are out and out lies. Loads of SW has Office layers. YOu even have
    >>> Wine for crying outside. OOXML is an open standard. Where is this "not
    >>> allowed" garbage you keep spouting?
    >>>

    >> Prove me wrong.
    >> caver1

    > Err, yet again, I just did. What is it with you?

    No you just keep arguing or say I just did. No proof.
    caver1

  2. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    Hadron wrote:
    > caver1 writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> What are you talking about? Seriously. You keep talking about things
    >>> which are out and out lies. Loads of SW has Office layers. YOu even have
    >>> Wine for crying outside. OOXML is an open standard. Where is this "not
    >>> allowed" garbage you keep spouting?
    >>>

    >> MS really didn't concede to let others in until the EU forced them to.
    >> Many court cases have proven that MS tries to keep every one out.
    >> A monolithic society is no good. Just imagine if everyone was like you.
    >> who would you ever argue with let alone claim you.
    >> And no I am not a liar. Which is one term you like to throw around
    >> when a point has you beaten.
    >> caver1

    > beaten? Huh? You're quite crazy. I use MS Office formats daily in
    > OO. Also in Wine. I also run Windows under VMWare.

    Really. Did you buy another copy of Windows so you can virtualize it?
    And yes After OO Figured out how to coexist with Office. Then with xml
    the EU forced them to cooperate. Remember the EU ruling?
    Both Corel Office and OO can convert to many more formats than Office
    ever could.
    So who shows more cooperation?
    caver1

  3. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_splice

    > this is an open standard.

  4. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    dennis@home wrote:

    > Well that is a well chosen test,

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_splice

    > which well known commercial apps are
    > available for linux in the first place and why don't they use their own
    > format anyway?

  5. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    "Matt" wrote in message
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >>
    >> Well that is a well chosen test,

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_splice
    >
    >> which well known commercial apps are available for linux in the first
    >> place and why don't they use their own format anyway?

    So what? since when has wikipedia been correct?

  6. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    dennis@home wrote:

    > Well that is a well chosen test, which well known commercial apps are
    > available for linux in the first place and why don't they use their own
    > format anyway? Anyway didn't M$ say if its for commercial use you had to
    > negotiate. Talk about prejudging the outcome.

    Comma splice.
    Comma missing after "in the first place".
    Apostrophe missing in "its"

  7. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    "Matt" wrote in message
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >
    >> Well that is a well chosen test, which well known commercial apps are
    >> available for linux in the first place and why don't they use their own
    >> format anyway? Anyway didn't M$ say if its for commercial use you had to
    >> negotiate. Talk about prejudging the outcome.

    > Comma splice.
    > Comma missing after "in the first place".
    > Apostrophe missing in "its"

    Is that the best you can do, pick on my typing skills?

  8. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Matt" wrote in message
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well that is a well chosen test, which well known commercial apps are
    >>> available for linux in the first place and why don't they use their
    >>> own format anyway? Anyway didn't M$ say if its for commercial use you
    >>> had to negotiate. Talk about prejudging the outcome.

    >> Comma splice.
    >> Comma missing after "in the first place".
    >> Apostrophe missing in "its"

    > Is that the best you can do, pick on my typing skills?

    I wouldn't have mentioned it, but you denigrated Linonut's usage and the
    wikipedia article despite your punctuation skills being so clearly
    substandard.

    I don't usually correct people's writing errors, but sometimes I get
    tired of pure Linux advocacy, and I was feeling generous. No harm
    intended. Really, if you were to spend fifteen minutes per week to
    learn one punctuation rule per week, your writing could be impeccable in
    a year.

    HTH

  9. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    "Matt" wrote in message
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >> "Matt" wrote in message

    >>> Comma splice.
    >>> Comma missing after "in the first place".
    >>> Apostrophe missing in "its"

    >> Is that the best you can do, pick on my typing skills?

    > I wouldn't have mentioned it, but you denigrated Linonut's usage and the
    > wikipedia article despite your punctuation skills being so clearly
    > substandard.

    He was the one that said my sentence was unreadable when his are cr@p. Why
    not correct him?

    > I don't usually correct people's writing errors, but sometimes I get tired
    > of pure Linux advocacy, and I was feeling generous. No harm intended.
    > Really, if you were to spend fifteen minutes per week to learn one
    > punctuation rule per week, your writing could be impeccable in a year.

    English is a living language and it changes.
    I am English and I can use it as I feel fit.
    The minor errors did not cause a problem in understanding for most people.
    HTH.

    > HTH

    BTW acronyms and TLA are bad English.

  10. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    * dennis@home peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Don't produce /your/ documents in one of their formats then!
    > You really are being stupid.

    Plonked for being obstinately and repetitively stupid.

    --
    Sometimes we do get taken by surprise. For example, when the Internet came
    along, we had it as a fifth or sixth priority. It wasn't like somebody told

  11. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    Linonut wrote:

    > * dennis@home peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Don't produce /your/ documents in one of their formats then!
    >> You really are being stupid.

    > Plonked for being obstinately and repetitively stupid.

    It certainly is one of the most obnoxious and deliberately obtuse trolls
    writing in this current surge.

    It's sick obsession with crossposting is certainly an annoyance.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  12. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    news:bNdKj.18302$9O.15332@bignews3.bellsouth.net.. .
    > * dennis@home peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Don't produce /your/ documents in one of their formats then!
    >> You really are being stupid.

    > Plonked for being obstinately and repetitively stupid.

    The Linonut idiot doesn't know that he can't put himself in other peoples
    killfile for being a repetitive idiot!

  13. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    * Gregory Shearman peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >> * dennis@home peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Don't produce /your/ documents in one of their formats then!
    >>> You really are being stupid.

    >> Plonked for being obstinately and repetitively stupid.

    > It certainly is one of the most obnoxious and deliberately obtuse trolls
    > writing in this current surge.
    >
    > It's sick obsession with crossposting is certainly an annoyance.

    dennis... yet another pro-Microsoft business fascist.

    --
    Like almost everyone who uses e-mail, I receive a ton of spam every day.
    Much of it offers to help me get out of debt or get rich quick. It would be

  14. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    dumbass@home wrote:

    >"chrisv" wrote:
    >>
    >> Josef Moellers wrote:
    >>
    >>>2. As I read the complaints published and referenced on groklaw, the
    >>>OOXML standard is riddled with captchas that will prevent anyone else,
    >>>especially FOSS, to implement OOXML.

    >> And that's OOXML, which is "required" to be "open". Dumbass@home
    >> claims that even .doc and .xls are "open"!

    >Well that proves you are a moron.. I even posted links to the publicly
    >available spec.

    Try getting the point, here, dumbass. Start with Josef's post and
    *think* for once in your life.

  15. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    dumbass@home wrote:

    >"Matt" wrote:
    >>
    >> I don't usually correct people's writing errors, but sometimes I get tired
    >> of pure Linux advocacy, and I was feeling generous. No harm intended.
    >> Really, if you were to spend fifteen minutes per week to learn one
    >> punctuation rule per week, your writing could be impeccable in a year.

    >English is a living language and it changes.
    >I am English and I can use it as I feel fit.
    >The minor errors did not cause a problem in understanding for most people.

    In other words, you're a lazy, selfish bastard who won't take the time
    properly write, because you don't care if everyone has to work at
    understanding your flotsam. I'm surprised that you don't top-post.

  16. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    "chrisv" wrote in message
    > dumbass@home wrote:

    >>> And that's OOXML, which is "required" to be "open". Dumbass@home
    >>> claims that even .doc and .xls are "open"!

    >>Well that proves you are a moron.. I even posted links to the publicly
    >>available spec.

    > Try getting the point, here, dumbass. Start with Josef's post and
    > *think* for once in your life.

    Do your own thinking, if you try it once you may find you like it.

    The world runs on open standards with proprietary code incase you hadn't
    noticed.
    Your internet access to these very posts relies on that incase you hadn't
    noticed.
    Now go out and play.

  17. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    chrisv writes:

    > dumbass@home wrote:
    >
    >>"Matt" wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I don't usually correct people's writing errors, but sometimes I get tired
    >>> of pure Linux advocacy, and I was feeling generous. No harm intended.
    >>> Really, if you were to spend fifteen minutes per week to learn one
    >>> punctuation rule per week, your writing could be impeccable in a year.

    >>English is a living language and it changes.
    >>I am English and I can use it as I feel fit.
    >>The minor errors did not cause a problem in understanding for most people.

    > In other words, you're a lazy, selfish bastard who won't take the time
    > properly write, because you don't care if everyone has to work at
    > understanding your flotsam. I'm surprised that you don't top-post.

    "take the time properly write"?

    Huh? What *are* you trying to say? Surely that isn't English? Are you
    Chinese?

  18. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    "chrisv" wrote in message

    > In other words, you're a lazy, selfish bastard who won't take the time
    > properly write, because you don't care if everyone has to work at
    > understanding your flotsam. I'm surprised that you don't top-post.

    Read what you said, cretin.

  19. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    "Hadron" wrote in message
    > chrisv writes:
    >
    >> dumbass@home wrote:

    >>>English is a living language and it changes.
    >>>I am English and I can use it as I feel fit.
    >>>The minor errors did not cause a problem in understanding for most
    >>>people.

    >> In other words, you're a lazy, selfish bastard who won't take the time
    >> properly write, because you don't care if everyone has to work at
    >> understanding your flotsam. I'm surprised that you don't top-post.
    >>

    > "take the time properly write"?
    >
    > Huh? What *are* you trying to say? Surely that isn't English? Are you
    > Chinese?

    He is just a cretin that lies. He probably lives in COLA.

  20. Re: Linux hits 6.1% on March!

    dumbass@home wrote:

    > "chrisv" wrote:
    >>
    >> dumbass@home wrote:

    >>>Well that proves you are a moron.. I even posted links to the publicly
    >>>available spec.

    >> Try getting the point, here, dumbass. Start with Josef's post and
    >> *think* for once in your life.

    > The world runs on open standards with proprietary code incase you hadn't
    > noticed.
    > Your internet access to these very posts relies on that incase you
    > hadn't noticed.

    The fact that some open standards are used does not prove that all
    "standards" are open. Certainly it doesn't prove that Micro$oft's defacto
    "standards" are "open".

    Idiot.