  1. Linux: The New "Grass Roots" Campaign Against It

    Is it me, or is there a new "grass roots" campaign afoot?

    --
    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #1123133:
    void f(FILE * fptr, char *p) { fgets(p, sizeof(p), fptr); }

  2. Re: Linux: The New "Grass Roots" Campaign Against It

    ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Monday 31 March 2008 16:05 : \____

    > Is it me, or is there a new "grass roots" campaign afoot?

    From Microsoft (as text):

    keyword/tag: "jihad"

    Feeling the heat at Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

    | to go with that.
    `----

    Microsoft's SEC:

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://www. microsoft.com/msft/SEC/default.mspx

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | GPL'd Othello: http://othellomaster.com
    Swap: 1510068k total, 550016k used, 960052k free, 34980k cached

  3. Re: Linux: The New "Grass Roots" Campaign Against It

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 06:14:04 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Monday 31 March 2008 16:05 : \____
    >
    >> Is it me, or is there a new "grass roots" campaign afoot?

    > From Microsoft (as text):
    >
    > http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...10230502351958
    >
    > keyword/tag: "jihad"

    Roy Schestowitz....
    Keyword....Nutcase...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Linux: The New "Grass Roots" Campaign Against It

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb

    wrote
    on Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:43:53 -0400
    :
    > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 06:14:04 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Monday 31 March 2008 16:05 : \____
    >>
    >>> Is it me, or is there a new "grass roots" campaign afoot?

    >> From Microsoft (as text):
    >>
    >> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...10230502351958
    >>
    >> keyword/tag: "jihad"

    > Roy Schestowitz....
    > Keyword....Nutcase...

    I was referring to the new posts on this newsgroup
    specifically; my apologies for not making that clear in my
    initial post. Of course your posts apparently tend to veer
    off into very peculiar territory anyway, but never mind;
    Vista is winning, though not as fast as it should.

    At the current rate of adoption, every XP computer will be
    replaced with a Vista one in about 4.6 years. The standard
    depreciation schedule is 3 years.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux makes one use one's mind.
    Windows just messes with one's head.

  5. Re: Linux: The New "Grass Roots" Campaign Against It

    ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Tuesday 01 April 2008 17:41 : \____

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >
    > wrote
    > on Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:43:53 -0400
    > :
    >> On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 06:14:04 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Monday 31 March 2008 16:05 : \____

    >>> From Microsoft (as text):
    >>>
    >>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...10230502351958
    >>>
    >>> keyword/tag: "jihad"

    >> Roy Schestowitz....
    >> Keyword....Nutcase...

    Thank you, Gary, for proving you had absolutely no way to rebut the _true
    facts_.

    > I was referring to the new posts on this newsgroup
    > specifically; my apologies for not making that clear in my
    > initial post. Of course your posts apparently tend to veer
    > off into very peculiar territory anyway, but never mind;
    > Vista is winning, though not as fast as it should.
    >
    > At the current rate of adoption, every XP computer will be
    > replaced with a Vista one in about 4.6 years. The standard
    > depreciation schedule is 3 years.

    Ghost, it's better not to feed the trolls. It makes their insults visible.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Microsoft loves competition.
    "We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger….If you’re going to kill
    someone, there isn’t much reason to get all worked up about it and angry. You
    just pull the trigger. Any discussions beforehand are a waste of time. We need
    to smile at Novell while we pull the trigger."

    --Jim Allchin, Platform Group Vice President

  6. Re: Linux: The New "Grass Roots" Campaign Against It

    On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 03:31:34 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> Roy Schestowitz....
    >>> Keyword....Nutcase...

    > Thank you, Gary, for proving you had absolutely no way to rebut the _true
    > facts_.

    Facts?
    You have no facts Schestowitz.
    All you have are conspiracy theories, conjecture and "a little bird told
    me".

    In your little, nutty world those may count as *facts*.

    In the real world, they are just more of your bull ****.

    > Ghost, it's better not to feed the trolls. It makes their insults visible.

    It's best not to feed a maniac like you Roy Schestowitz because it keeps
    you employed as a SPAMMER.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: Linux: The New "Grass Roots" Campaign Against It

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb

    wrote
    on Wed, 2 Apr 2008 02:22:14 -0400
    <1rbeiaz8qfrya$.hzkkmfwyrm6f$.dlg@40tude.net>:

    >> Thank you, Gary, for proving you had absolutely no way to rebut the _true
    >> facts_.

    > Facts?
    > You have no facts Schestowitz.
    > All you have are conspiracy theories, conjecture and "a little bird told
    > me".

    Here's some facts.

    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=MSFT
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=MSFT
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=RHT
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=RHT

    Make of it what one will.

    > In your little, nutty world those may count as *facts*.
    >
    > In the real world, they are just more of your bull ****.
    >

    >> Ghost, it's better not to feed the trolls. It makes their insults visible.

    > It's best not to feed a maniac like you Roy Schestowitz because it keeps
    > you employed as a SPAMMER.

    I prefer visibility, personally.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net