[News] Web Design with GNU/Linux: Thumbs Up from Professional - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Web Design with GNU/Linux: Thumbs Up from Professional - Linux ; Full-throttle Productivity and Web-Work With Ubuntu ,----[ Quote ] | Hopefully, I’m not sounding like another Linux fanatic fruitlessly trying to | preach. I went into writing this simply to let you know that it’s possible to | actually do ...

  1. [News] Web Design with GNU/Linux: Thumbs Up from Professional

    Full-throttle Productivity and Web-Work With Ubuntu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Hopefully, I’m not sounding like another Linux fanatic fruitlessly trying to
    | preach. I went into writing this simply to let you know that it’s possible to
    | actually do things with Linux. It’s not just for pale people who speak in
    | code anymore.
    |
    | If you combine web apps with open source alternatives like OpenOffice and
    | plug any holes with Wine, it’s fully possible to craft a computing
    | environment that’s just as easy and enjoyable to use as Windows or OS X.
    `----

    http://www.anywired.com/full-throttl...ith-ubuntu/99/

    Related:

    Web designing with Ubuntu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As a freelance web designer, I really thought migrating to Ubuntu Linux will
    | give me a really hard time. I never thought that Ubuntu Linux has a very good
    | graphic design tool that can do what I am doing with Photoshop. Although Gimp
    | is still way too different with Photoshop, I still see Gimp as a very
    | powerful tool in graphic and web designing. It also possess features that
    | Photoshop has. * *
    `----

    http://pinoy-blog.isoftinno.com/2007...g-with-ubuntu/

    Linux and Web Development Part 2

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Overall I'm still absolutely pleased with my switch from Windows to
    | Linux both at home and at work. If anything I honestly think I work
    | faster, smarter, and happier. Given my recent experience with hard
    | drive failure, I'm glad Linux provided the functionality to get back up
    | and running very quickly and easily. I'll definitely be looking into
    | some automated nightly backup solutions over the next few days due to
    | the fact that a RAID setup isn't in the cards for me just yet. I don't
    | plan on retreating back to Windows any time soon and I look forward to
    | working with Linux for a long time to come. I?m not trying to push
    | anyone into checking out Linux and switching, just cataloging my
    | experiences thus far.
    `----

    http://mondaybynoon.com/2006/09/11/l...opment-part-2/

    Nvu for Linux: Frontpage Who?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Mozilla Inside - In an effort to bring you the best speed and
    | functionality possible, Nvu is running off of Mozilla's Gecko engine.
    | This helps to give the developer the speed they need to get the job
    | done right.
    |
    | FTP Ability with One-Click Simplicity - Frankly, we believe that all
    | HTML editors really out to be offering this feature by default. Nvu not
    | only offers this, they make setting it up a snap as well.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | In the end, Nvu is a fantastic editor for those looking to have all
    | the functionality they could ever need from a HTML editor. However,
    | if you still feel it's too simplistic, then we'd recommend looking
    | into Quanta Plus, which is a more developer friendly alternative.
    `----

    http://madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=7600

    Online music school saves cash with Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Her experience has been so good, Hoefner recommends other Web developers take
    | a hard look at Linux. *
    `----

    http://www.linux.com/feature/121369

    3 months with Mandriva 2008 (production use)

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It’s been three months now, since I started using Mandriva 2008 at work. I
    | work at a web dev company where we do PHP/AJAX/XHTML/CSS stuff. Three months
    | ago, by the time I came into the company, we received laptops and some of us
    | decided to use Linux.
    `----

    http://checkerap.com/2007/12/22/3-mo...roduction-use/

  2. Re: [News] Web Design with GNU/Linux: Thumbs Up from Professional

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > Full-throttle Productivity and Web-Work With Ubuntu

    Is this the web design software that the hackers used when they took over
    www.schestowitz.com and inserted trojan code into every page? It sure worked
    well for them.