[News] The Mobile Linux Operating System from LiMo is Here - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] The Mobile Linux Operating System from LiMo is Here - Linux ; LiMo Foundation ready with mobile Linux OS ,----[ Quote ] | Google's Android may get all the attention, but there's more than one | industry consortium working to unify Linux development for mobile phones. `---- http://www.news.com/8301-13579_3-990...=2547-1_3-0-20 LiMo Foundation Unleashes Mobile ...

  1. [News] The Mobile Linux Operating System from LiMo is Here

    LiMo Foundation ready with mobile Linux OS

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Google's Android may get all the attention, but there's more than one
    | industry consortium working to unify Linux development for mobile phones.
    `----

    LiMo Foundation Unleashes Mobile Platform

    http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Li...orm-62365.html

    Related:

    Why major mobile handset makers are riding with LiMo

    ,----[ Quoet ]
    | The LiMo Foundation was formed on January 2007 as a consortium of mobile
    | industry companies joining together to create for handsets an open and
    | standardized software platform based on Linux. Their goal is to deliver an
    | open handset format that will become more widely accepted and used over
    | closed, proprietary platforms. The foundation's major founders include
    | Motorola, NEC, NTT DoCoMo, Panasonic Mobile Communications, Samsung
    | Electronics and Vodafone. These companies and other members share leadership
    | and decision making. * * *
    `----

    http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/...rss-linux-news

    LiMo Foundation aims to put Linux in your handset

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Purple Labs has joined the LiMo Foundation. Unless you're really in the know,
    | you'll probably look at this announcement the same way I did. I said, "Who is
    | Purple Labs, and what is the LiMo Foundation?" But more importantly, "Why is
    | this important to me?" *
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Good technologies tend to eventually find their way into mainstream devices,
    | regardless of whether they're adopted by an industry group. I suspect the
    | same will be true for Linux, if it's not already true. *
    `----

    http://www.embedded.com/columns/esde...questid=576147

    World's mobile phone industry gathers in Barcelona

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "A lot of Internet players and media companies see in the mobile phone a way
    | of accessing emerging markets where there are only a few computers and where
    | the population has not heard of Facebook or Google," analyst Vincent Poulbere
    | from consultancy Ovum told AFP before the event opened. *
    `----

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080211...elecominternet

    More heavyweights join mobile Linux group

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Orange and Access have become the latest significant companies to join the
    | LiMo Foundation, a consortium aimed at promoting mobile Linux.
    `----

    http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communicatio...9292743,00.htm

    MWC - Razr, others designated LiMo Linux phones

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The LiMo Foundation plans to announce 18 phones based on its platform,
    | including some that are already on the market, on Monday at the Mobile World
    | Congress in Barcelona. *
    `----

    http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/...ated-limo.html

    Orange Joins LiMo Foundation to Mobilise Linux Industry

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Orange today announced its entrance to the LiMo Foundation, a landmark move
    | that marks a new era for mobile Linux, fostering unprecedented industry
    | collaboration and a new future of exciting mobile services for customers. *
    `----

    http://media.netpr.pl/notatka_93336.html

    LiMo Gains Steam as Mobile Linux of Choice

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Several more members of the mobile Linux LiPS Forum are switching allegiance
    | to the LiMo Foundation, this time including board and executive committee
    | members, indicating that LiPS is losing steam. Orange and its parent France
    | Telecom, Access and Open-Plug all plan to announce at the Mobile World
    | Congress in Barcelona on Monday that they are joining LiMo. * *
    `----

    LG, Samsung bet on new mobile Linux platform

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The world's second largest cellphone maker Samsung, which has used Linux in
    | its phones in 2006, launched new SGH-i800 phone model running on LiMo
    | software at the Mobile World Congress trade show, while LG Electronics showed
    | a prototype phone LG LiMo. *
    `----

    http://uk.reuters.com/article/techno...49926420080211

    LiMo's Linux phone platform nears launch

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On Monday, the Foundation will publish a beta version of the software's APIs
    | (application programming interfaces) so that developers can begin writing
    | applications to run on it. *
    `----

    http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...orm-nears.html

    Azingo Launches Azingo Mobile, Industry's First Mobile Linux Platform Based on
    LiMo Foundation Software

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Mobile Linux company Azingo, formerly Celunite, today announced Azingo
    | Mobile, a comprehensive suite of open mobile software and services designed
    | to help companies deliver web 2.0 applications, music, video, vivid graphics
    | and more to a wide range of mobile phones *
    `----

    http://www.centredaily.com/business/...ry/367263.html

    LiMo Foundation Selects Azingo as Core Technology Provider for Its . Common
    Integration Environment

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Common Integration Environment 07/01/2008 18:13:00 Business Wire Azingo,
    | formerly Celunite, developer of a next-generation mobile software platform
    | based on Linux and other open source innovations, announced today at CES that
    | its technology has been selected by the LiMo Foundation as core components of
    | its Common Integration Environment (CIE). * *
    `----

    http://www.infobolsa.es/v2002/Notici...&Numnot=106339
    http://tinyurl.com/37ej5j

    LiMo: New members added; First release on deck; Is the future about mobile
    middleware?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | LiMo will announce Monday that Acrodea, ETRI, Huawei, Purple Labs and
    | Trolltech are joining the consortium, which launched a year ago with founding
    | members Motorola, NEC, NTT DoCoMo, Panasonic, Samsung and Vodafone. *
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=7495

    Mobile Linux Group Gains New Associate Member

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Purple Labs, a supplier of embedded Linux solutions for mobile phones, has
    | announced that it has joined the LiMo Foundation, which is developing a Linux
    | based software platform for mobile phones. In joining the LiMo Foundation as
    | an Associate member, Purple Labs becomes the first commercial Linux platform
    | for feature phones in the consortium. * *
    `----

    http://www.cellular-news.com/story/28368.php

    Celunite joins LiMo Foundation

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Celunite, developer of a next-generation mobile software platform based on
    | Linux and other open source innovations, announced it has become the first
    | mobile phone operating system provider to join the LiMo Foundation, an
    | independent, not-for-profit entity that strives to increase the adoption of
    | Linux within the mobile industry. * *
    `----

    http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/1767/limo-foundation/

    Symbian senior VP defects to mobile Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The LiMo (Linux Mobile) Foundation, an industry group building a common
    | software stack for Linux-based mobile phones, today announced a dozen new
    | members. The organization also disclosed that rival Symbian's longtime Senior
    | VP of Sales and Professional Services, Morgan Gillis, will soon become its
    | Executive Director. * *
    `----

    LiMo Foundation Announces Membership Surge

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | World’s first global mobile Linux initiative announces rapid early expansion
    | of membership as powerful ecosystem begins to take shape
    `----

    http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...38&newsLang=en

    Wind River Joins LiMo Foundation, Reinforces Commitment to Reduce Complexity of
    Linux for Mobile Handsets

    http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...12&newsLang=en

    Broadcom Joins the LiMo Foundation as a Leading Semiconductor Provider for
    Mobile Linux(R) Solutions

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Broadcom Corporation, a global leader in semiconductors for wired and
    | wireless communications, today announced that it has joined the LiMo
    | Foundation as one of its first semiconductor suppliers. *
    `----

    http://www.stockhouse.ca/news/news.a...newsid=6113695

  2. Re: [News] The Mobile Linux Operating System from LiMo is Here

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > LiMo Foundation ready with mobile Linux OS

    Yet another version of linux. I guess if there's several millions of linux
    versions one of them is bound to work. It's the blind squirrel finding a nut
    syndrome.