Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users - Linux ; "If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast it will lose me and millions of others." http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=46...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 124

  1. Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    "If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast it will lose me and
    millions of others."

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=46

  2. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    DFS wrote:

    > "If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast it will lose me
    > and millions of others."
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=46

    This is the relevant fragment of the post made by "Ron Byers":

    =========
    If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast it will lose me and
    millions of others. Too bad too, the software had such promise. I know I
    wrote a post on a general computer site saying Ubuntu 7.10 was ready for
    prime time. Man was I wrong
    =========

    "If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast it will lose
    me..." - his privilege of course

    "... and millions of others" - only his opinion.

    With all due respect to "Ron Byers", who is he, and why do "millions of
    others" follow him?

    The quote you've given is, in effect, one persons opinion of the sequence of
    events likely to occur if the Ubuntu development community doesn't dance to
    his tune.

    Frustrating for him no doubt, and if he considers it a valid reason to
    switch, who is anyone to argue with him?

    But an indicator that it's about to "chase off millions of users"?

    Absolute rubbish.

  3. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:50:05 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > "If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast it will lose me
    > and millions of others."
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=46

    Are you too stupid to realize that all Linux isn't Ubuntu, and Ubuntu
    isn't all Linux?

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:50:05 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > "If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast it will lose me and
    > millions of others."
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=46

    It wouldn't surprise me at all.

    The problem with being the most popular Linux distribution is that now it's
    time to pony up and deliver because the people are ready and waiting.

    It looks like Ubuntu is riddled with bugs which is not a good thing.

    Tell me, Linux desktop is currently hovering on life support at about 0.6
    percent of the desktop market share.

    Can it go any lower?

    Someone pull the plug on this fossil already.
    People are obviously not interested in Linux as a desktop system.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:16:51 -0000, Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:50:05 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast it will lose me
    >> and millions of others."
    >>
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=46

    > Are you too stupid to realize that all Linux isn't Ubuntu, and Ubuntu
    > isn't all Linux?

    Could have fooled me.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:17:49 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:50:05 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast it will lose me
    >> and millions of others."
    >>
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?

    t=587905&highlight=freeze&page=46

    > It wouldn't surprise me at all.
    >
    > The problem with being the most popular Linux distribution is that now
    > it's time to pony up and deliver because the people are ready and
    > waiting.
    >
    > It looks like Ubuntu is riddled with bugs which is not a good thing.

    Why does it look like "Ubuntu is riddled with bugs"?

    > Tell me, Linux desktop is currently hovering on life support at about
    > 0.6 percent of the desktop market share.

    "on life support"? How can Linux be "on life support" when its userbase
    keeps increasing?

    > Can it go any lower?
    >
    > Someone pull the plug on this fossil already. People are obviously not
    > interested in Linux as a desktop system.

    So, you will no longer be using and Linux distros?

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:23:56 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:16:51 -0000, Rick wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:50:05 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast it will lose
    >>> me and millions of others."
    >>>
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?

    t=587905&highlight=freeze&page=46

    >> Are you too stupid to realize that all Linux isn't Ubuntu, and Ubuntu
    >> isn't all Linux?

    > Could have fooled me.

    Yes, we know.
    --
    Rick

  8. Re: Microshaft Corporation Software: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of half wits from
    Micoshaft Corporation:

    > "If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast it will lose me
    > and millions of others."
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=46

    This is typical windummies sponsored by half wits from Micoshaft Corporation
    posting net abuse by posting tech support forum articles into Linux
    advocacy newsgroups again.

    May be they should google and fix numerous tech support issues with PISTA
    before trying to fix Ubuntu!

  9. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:30:02 -0000, Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:17:49 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:50:05 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast it will lose me
    >>> and millions of others."
    >>>
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?

    > t=587905&highlight=freeze&page=46
    >>
    >> It wouldn't surprise me at all.
    >>
    >> The problem with being the most popular Linux distribution is that now
    >> it's time to pony up and deliver because the people are ready and
    >> waiting.
    >>
    >> It looks like Ubuntu is riddled with bugs which is not a good thing.

    > Why does it look like "Ubuntu is riddled with bugs"?

    Read the forums.

    >> Tell me, Linux desktop is currently hovering on life support at about
    >> 0.6 percent of the desktop market share.

    > "on life support"? How can Linux be "on life support" when its userbase
    > keeps increasing?

    From what 0.6 percent to 0.8 percent over at least 10 years?
    That's hardly anything to brag about.

    >> Can it go any lower?
    >>
    >> Someone pull the plug on this fossil already. People are obviously not
    >> interested in Linux as a desktop system.

    > So, you will no longer be using and Linux distros?

    Of course not.
    Linux will remain a niche desktop system.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    "Rick" stated in post 13v01iqfmhpofad@news.supernews.com
    on 3/30/08 2:30 PM:

    > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:17:49 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:50:05 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast it will lose me
    >>> and millions of others."
    >>>
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?

    > t=587905&highlight=freeze&page=46
    >>
    >> It wouldn't surprise me at all.
    >>
    >> The problem with being the most popular Linux distribution is that now
    >> it's time to pony up and deliver because the people are ready and
    >> waiting.
    >>
    >> It looks like Ubuntu is riddled with bugs which is not a good thing.

    > Why does it look like "Ubuntu is riddled with bugs"?

    I have given you some examples in the past - largely dealing with
    inconsistencies in its UI. From the general user perspective these appear,
    at the very least, to be bugs. No reasonable designer would do so on
    purpose!

    --
    "For example, user interfaces are _usually_ better in commercial software.
    I'm not saying that this is always true, but in many cases the user

  11. Re: Micoshaft Software: slopware about to chase off millions of users to Linux

    Micoshaft Asstroturger Moshe Goldfarb wrote on behalf of half wits at
    Micoshaft Corporation:

    > Tell me, Linux desktop is currently hovering on life support at about 0.6
    > percent of the desktop market share.

    There are no approved ways of measuring Linux.
    If you know of any please post instead of ranting with numbers supplied
    by fraudsters from Micoshaft Corporation.

    Linux is distributed not sold.
    If you take press releases of Linux installs, then it is running
    at least 1 million+ Linux desktop installs per month.
    Embedded Linux is selling at least 3 million embedded Linux devices PER DAY.

    Thats a lot of Linux advocacy done by people with their feet and their
    wallets. Some $200 billion+ last year in revenues. Linux has created
    a lot of millionairs.

    And you can join the Linux bandwagon any time. There is no entrance fee.
    Its all free to download, copy and install any time you want
    and comes with source code.
    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  12. Re: Microshaft Software: slopware about to chase off millions of users to Linux

    "7" wrote in message
    news:VSTHj.2018$xA.1315@text.news.virginmedia.com. ..
    > There are no approved ways of measuring Linux.

    "Approved" by who - you?

    All of the accepted numbers (you know, the numbers accepted by everyone
    except Linux Loonies) show Linux below 1%. That you don't like the numbers
    doesn't make them "unapproved".

    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=10

    http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2008/February/os.php

    http://www.google.com/intl/en/press/...ist-jun04.html

  13. Re: Microshaft Software: slopware about to chase off millions of users to Linux

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 18:03:04 -0400, Bob Campbell wrote:

    > "7" wrote in message
    > news:VSTHj.2018$xA.1315@text.news.virginmedia.com. ..
    >> There are no approved ways of measuring Linux.

    > "Approved" by who - you?
    >
    > All of the accepted numbers (you know, the numbers accepted by everyone
    > except Linux Loonies) show Linux below 1%. That you don't like the numbers
    > doesn't make them "unapproved".
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=10
    >
    > http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2008/February/os.php
    >
    > http://www.google.com/intl/en/press/...ist-jun04.html

    The BBC also pegged Linux usage at 0.8 percent recently.
    The fact is no matter where you pull the numbers, they come out pretty much
    the same.

    Excepting loaded Linux loon sites of course where they are celebrating the
    demise of Microsoft.

    I wonder if they still think the world is flat?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  14. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > Linux will remain a niche desktop system.

    Good enough - it's such a "niche" that it commands almost 100% of the
    desktop machines in China. It's such a "niche" that major Government
    agencies are leaving the Windoze Crapware in droves - they want security,
    reliability and a guarantee that the wanky yanks won't have buried yet more
    back doors in their "operating system".

    Now run along and play with your digital colouring set - after all, that's
    just about the upper limit of Windoze use.

    C.

  15. Re: Microshaft Software: slopware about to chase off millions of users to Linux

    Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer Bob Campbell wrote on behalf of half
    wits from Micoshaft Coporation:

    > "7" wrote in message
    > news:VSTHj.2018$xA.1315@text.news.virginmedia.com. ..
    >> There are no approved ways of measuring Linux.

    > "Approved" by who - you?

    I take it you don't know then?

    > All of the accepted numbers (you know, the numbers accepted by everyone
    > except Linux Loonies) show Linux below 1%. That you don't like the
    > numbers doesn't make them "unapproved".

    What a total fsck wit!

    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=10
    >
    > http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2008/February/os.php
    >
    > http://www.google.com/intl/en/press/...ist-jun04.html

    Submit these fraudulent techniques to a standards body
    and get it approved before broadcasting fraudulent measurement
    of Linux uptake.

  16. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    Yes, utter poppy****.

    --
    Mandriva - 2008.1 - RC2 - 64bit OS.
    COLA trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: Microshaft Software: slopware about to chase off millions of users to Linux

    Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer Moshe Goldfarb wrote on behalf of half
    wits from Micoshaft Corporation:

    > The BBC also pegged Linux usage at 0.8 percent recently.
    > The fact is no matter where you pull the numbers, they come out pretty
    > much the same.

    You merely have to prove MSBBC used approved statistics.
    Otherwise, their claims and techniques are fraudulent.

    The last time MSBBC employees opened their mouth about Linux
    uptake, they were publicly exposed as liars and fraudsters.

    Linux is distributed not sold.
    If you take press releases of Linux installs, then it is running
    at least 1 million+ Linux desktop installs per month.
    Embedded Linux is selling at least 3 million embedded Linux devices PER DAY.

    Thats a lot of Linux advocacy done by people with their feet and their
    wallets. Some $200 billion+ last year in revenues. Linux has created
    a lot of millionairs.

    And you can join the Linux bandwagon any time. There is no entrance fee.
    Its all free to download, copy and install any time you want
    and comes with source code.
    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  18. Re: Microshaft Software: slopware about to chase off millions of users to Linux

    7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer Bob Campbell wrote on behalf of half
    > wits from Micoshaft Coporation:

    A load of nonsense that's better off snipped!

    > What a total fsck wit!

    Exactly!

    > Submit these fraudulent techniques to a standards body
    > and get it approved before broadcasting fraudulent measurement
    > of Linux uptake.

    It's funny how desperate M$ are becoming - their plans for world domination
    in tatters, their share price (in real, global terms) falling. They're
    even stuck in the USA, which is in a dire state and will only get worse as
    the rest of the world start charging the yanks /real/ fuel prices...

    M$ are having to resort to bogus surveys and bull**** statistics in an
    effort to make them appear a "success". The escape into the wild
    of "Vista" made them look /really/ stupid, and they've even admitted their
    incompetence by bringing forward the release of Windoze 7 and /buying/ in
    all the major OS components because they no longer employ proper
    programmers...

    Linux uptake in /this/ neighbourhood (of roughly 120 dwellings)? 88%! The
    rest are almost entirely Macs, with just /one/ Windoze XP machine used by a
    kid who plays games. This is just an ordinary (albeit "upmarket") North
    London suburb...

    C.

  19. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:30:02 -0000, Rick wrote:

    >> t=587905&highlight=freeze&page=46
    >>> It wouldn't surprise me at all.
    >>>
    >>> The problem with being the most popular Linux distribution is that now
    >>> it's time to pony up and deliver because the people are ready and
    >>> waiting.
    >>>
    >>> It looks like Ubuntu is riddled with bugs which is not a good thing.

    >> Why does it look like "Ubuntu is riddled with bugs"?

    > Read the forums.
    >

    >>> Tell me, Linux desktop is currently hovering on life support at about
    >>> 0.6 percent of the desktop market share.

    >> "on life support"? How can Linux be "on life support" when its userbase
    >> keeps increasing?

    > From what 0.6 percent to 0.8 percent over at least 10 years?
    > That's hardly anything to brag about.
    >

    >>> Can it go any lower?
    >>>
    >>> Someone pull the plug on this fossil already. People are obviously not
    >>> interested in Linux as a desktop system.

    >> So, you will no longer be using and Linux distros?

    > Of course not.
    > Linux will remain a niche desktop system.

    So if you don't use linux at all then you really don't need to be involved in this ng.

  20. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    Christopher Hunter wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >

    >>Linux will remain a niche desktop system.

    > Good enough - it's such a "niche" that it commands almost 100% of the
    > desktop machines in China.

    100%?...hahaha...you're either drunk, on drugs, extremely naive & stupid
    or else you think that the rest of entire world is...LOL!
    Frank

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast