Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users - Linux ; On 2008-03-31, The Ghost In The Machine wrote: > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, DFS > > wrote > on Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:50:05 -0500 > : >> "If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast >> it will lose ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 121 to 124 of 124

  1. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    On 2008-03-31, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, DFS
    >
    > wrote
    > on Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:50:05 -0500
    >:
    >> "If Ubuntu doesn't solve this problem and solve it fast
    >> it will lose me and millions of others."
    >>
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=46

    [deletia]

    > Agreed that Ubuntu had better get their act together on
    > SATA and the interactions of driver and video memory.
    > NVidia is involved with their proprietary drivers again;
    > this looks like a fun three-way at first blush:
    >
    > - nvidia
    > - SATA driver
    > - Linux kernel

    What's the fun part supposed to be?

    That spec describes the workstation I'm posting from.

    It also describes a large portion of the Myth crowd.

    What's the big deal supposed to be?

    [deletia]

    --

    Metallica is not worth the ruination of someone |||
    who has pirated their music / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    kmbfhaya illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > Linux commanded just 0.67 percent of the OS market in January,
    > not even close to 8%

    Seriously. Who gives a ****...

    Other than *you* lot. Obviously.

    Get a ****ing grip and have a word with yourselves. You're all just a
    bunch of folk out spoiling for a pointless fight.

    There is no point in any of this banality.

    --
    Moog

    mashed potatoes"

  3. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    Moog wrote:

    > kmbfhaya illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >

    >> Linux commanded just 0.67 percent of the OS market in January,
    >> not even close to 8%

    > Seriously. Who gives a ****...
    >
    > Other than *you* lot. Obviously.
    >
    > Get a ****ing grip and have a word with yourselves. You're all just a
    > bunch of folk out spoiling for a pointless fight.

    That's what trolls do. You must be new around here.

    > There is no point in any of this banality.

    Other than to ruin the newsgroup for everyone else? No.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  4. Re: Linux: slopware about to chase off millions of users

    FM - No static at all writes:

    > Christopher Hunter wrote:
    >> Rick wrote:

    >>> ... except you continually criticize Linux and OSS.

    >> Just *plonk* Mushy Goldbrick, along with Quack and the other twats. You'll
    >> find the signal to noise /much/ more tolerable!
    >>
    >> C.
    >>

    > After 25 years in IT, I have had it with Microsoft. Linux is better at
    > this stage than Windows 3.x was after years of distribution.

    Linux IS better than Windows 3.x. You're right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7